• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Spy Battle

DeletedUser

As world's progress spies become becoming useless for defense. I wonder if the current spy battle system can be replaced by a tier one.

In the early game spies go one for one ush, like have now.

In midgame, the spied battle system shifts to a defense adv one, 5 defending spies can not be spied on in 1 wave for example

I n endgame it shifts even more, multiple waves of spies needed to even get a blood drop report

DeletedUser

I would rather be able to shift spies from one place to the next, so those incoming sabos can actually be stopped as opposed to seeing your nice built up villa destroyed over night

DeletedUser1507

but yet i have home guard and 5 spies and i still get sabo'd without a single defending spy dying...

DeletedUser

but yet i have home guard and 5 spies and i still get sabo'd without a single defending spy dying...
Lucky generally all my spies die after the 1st or 2nd hit wiht the tribe skill annnd the homeguard. least thats what it feels like, but then again i think the Sabo thing just ruins the game

DeletedUser

Lucky generally all my spies die after the 1st or 2nd hit wiht the tribe skill annnd the homeguard. least thats what it feels like, but then again i think the Sabo thing just ruins the game
No, it adds a nice counter to super stacking, the spy battle system is just so baddddddd

DeletedUser

No, it adds a nice counter to super stacking, the spy battle system is just so baddddddd
all you have to do to beat a super stack is go around it. it just means there are plenty of villas that are very very open. and i do agree the spy system is very very bad, it needs a complete overhaul

DeletedUser734

I just had ONE spy hit on me. ONE. And it got a green report. I had 5 spies in the villa and we have level one of the spy defense boost, but he STILL got a green report. What the hell?

This system is totally random. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Harry Johnson

Mounted Archer
Yes it seems the spy system is rather horrible. In addition to everything said here, I especially hate how it sends the the most expensive spy first. I mean its easy to counter it as we all know by doing the whole canceling thing but that's time consuming and annoying as all heck and really I cant see any real balancing reason for it. To me it has no real impact in the game besides getting my panties in a bunch.

Sabing is a huge issue, there is no way to defend against mass sabing. It's a way around the morale penalty imo. Dont have the nukes in the area to take a village b/c you have 150 and he has 50? No problem! Send 100 sabs at the sucker and turn in that lovely little hamlet into a pile of rubble and broken dreams!

DeletedUser

honeslty to me the sabos are more likly to make people quit then getting swarmed with nukes. cause with nukes you at least get to kill something and have a chance to strike back if they get emptied, sabos,wait a day and everything returns back to normal for them minus your villa that got burned to the ground

Harry Johnson

Mounted Archer
honeslty to me the sabos are more likly to make people quit then getting swarmed with nukes. cause with nukes you at least get to kill something and have a chance to strike back if they get emptied, sabos,wait a day and everything returns back to normal for them minus your villa that got burned to the ground
I have actually seen this happen. It was very disturbing to me personally as the gentleman put in a lot of coins to help the tribe out and there was nothing we could really do to help him. The guy was sending over 100 sabs a day at him, even if we targeted 1 village at a time to do a tribewide sab at him it would take 100 days to hit every village in the best of circumstances but in this case it was a 2-3 day run for most of our tribe mates, really there was no way to counter it. Anyways the guy quit, which again was awful because he was a rather decent player and put quite a bit of money into game.

Harry Johnson

Mounted Archer
To a certain extent yes, but what are you going o do when your flooded with sabs and your tavern is knocked down? In theory, yes they help quite in a bit. In practice however they are not sufficient to stop that many sabs, eventually the tavern will get hit, there goes home guard and spy defense is not something that is really in your ability to control. There needs to be a way to actively defend against sabs, not just relying on passive bonus that may or may not have

DeletedUser

Death with bot of those and while being on to recruit the lowest spy, as quick as i could, i watched one of my villas a 10k villa mind you disappear in a day by 1 player
thats including both the tribe defense at max for spies and the homeguard. and my only defense to that was to keep clicking on recruit spy

DeletedUser

To a certain extent yes, but what are you going o do when your flooded with sabs and your tavern is knocked down? In theory, yes they help quite in a bit. In practice however they are not sufficient to stop that many sabs, eventually the tavern will get hit, there goes home guard and spy defense is not something that is really in your ability to control. There needs to be a way to actively defend against sabs, not just relying on passive bonus that may or may not have
I save my unlock techs for when I need an unknockable homeguard.

DeletedUser

What about the free players? cause you only get 2 at the start if i remember correclty

DeletedUser

I have actually seen this happen. It was very disturbing to me personally as the gentleman put in a lot of coins to help the tribe out and there was nothing we could really do to help him. The guy was sending over 100 sabs a day at him, even if we targeted 1 village at a time to do a tribewide sab at him it would take 100 days to hit every village in the best of circumstances but in this case it was a 2-3 day run for most of our tribe mates, really there was no way to counter it. Anyways the guy quit, which again was awful because he was a rather decent player and put quite a bit of money into game.
I was referring specifically to this case, yea not much you can do abo sabos but don't say a crowner is just as sol. XD My tribes overall success te went noticeable down when the enemy got spy defense.

DeletedUser

im just saying that the free to play player is at a bit of a disadvantage, its diffrent with troops cause you can move them around but sabos those 5 spies is all you got. they get that tavern. and you no longer have a villa

DeletedUser

Yes I know :D it's why I started this thread, the spy system is something I been ranting about for a while... to no avail though :/

DeletedUser

Can we make it similar tot eh TW1 system with scouts that take up farmspace? then we could actully protect agaist sabos..... or even better have a sabo free world. i would love that one

DeletedUser1487

I'm glad you brought this up, the spy system is a huge problem. Being sabod sucks, and when you have a whole tribe sabo attacking you, it makes sense why people quit. and the whole random chance thing with spying sucks too.