• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Good ol fashion smack talk with top 5 tribes, maps and all topics

DeletedUser1500

So after reading both your comments, I'm curious....Why not train the new players? I've been seeing this a lot recently where rather than teach noob's how to play many don't want to be bothered.

It takes a lot out of you to train new players. I think almost everyone does it, but to what degree and the amount of time available would set boundaries on that.

At the end of the day, a person plays this game for their own personal enjoyment. The method of achieving that enjoyment varies on the person.

DeletedUser

I actually dont mind training new guys provided they have a want to learn and are active. you never know what gems you might find.

DeletedUser465

Nothing like teaching someone everything and then they go inactive after an op gets launched on them.
Aside from that, everyone teaches to some degree, and like mac said, Everyone plays for their own enjoyment. If you want to stomp noobs, stomp noobs. I've taken MANY experiences from multiple worlds to shape me into what I've learned and am able to do with the proper time allowed.
3rdly, Why is it up to the players to teach people? That sounds like a huge design flaw if the PLAYERS need to teach you how to play a game. What game doesn't have something to train people on wtf to do inside of the game they built? That's my response to kiki's question.

DeletedUser1500

The wiki is pretty good. The tutorial takes ya through the basics. The rest is experience and time. Did I mention TIME, because that the biggest factor here.

DeletedUser835

I think maybe there needs to be a server released every so often that is specifically targeted to new players, no veterans, no premade tribes or anything like that. New players only, and they can weed themselves out.

Tokano

Not a Mod
There seems to be some confusion on teachable material and experience. I can tell a newer player till I'm blue in the face how to defend against 10,000 incoming attacks but until they experience it for themselves, they won't understand.

DeletedUser1500

IRONPLUS taught me the game at one point. I picked it up from there and expanded rapidly. Always learning though.
The point is that 99% of us was taught by someone in the game. Then 99% of those people have taught many others how to play the game. However, the ability for those new players to retain and apply what they are taught varies greatly.
But, that is just the way it is and will always be. Then you have players getting taught by horrible players. We need those players too though. I cant have to fight for every villa I take. ;)

DeletedUser835

I was taught the game by a pakistani guy named Ahmed Shoab on W2 Tw1, that guy was sick at this game, the beast from the middle east.

DeletedUser1949

The wiki is pretty good. The tutorial takes ya through the basics. The rest is experience and time. Did I mention TIME, because that the biggest factor here.
Let's be real. The wiki has basic info and can be used as a small resource for certain things. The tutorial teaches you how to function at a basic level. Everything else you gotta figure out on your own or learn. It's really not too complicated if you have a good teacher. Once you have an advanced grasp of the game then it comes down to time which can't be altered, but also efficiency which CAN be drastically different.

DeletedUser1500

I can agree with that, but I was giving credit to the wiki for what it does tell you. BUT you hit the nail on the head. Which brings us back full circle....someone taught us the game. We have all taught many people the game. Only a few of those taught grasp and run with it.

DeletedUser1179

Interesting how the majority of us had someone that helped teach us. We do have a beta world that players can use to help them learn the game. Of course many of us just jump right into the main worlds. I think it's always good to have someone teach you the basics of the game but I do get what you all are saying, and I do feel that a player has to develop a style all his or her own. Ice, if I recall you taught me some things that I didn't know, but at the end of the day I still had to develop my own style.

DeletedUser920

We pump out a new world every month. No need for a beta.
We have been using beta just to keep a heads up on the issues and almost all the mods from all markets play so we catch the big issues quickly, then work at getting the little ones, PC,MAC, IOS, and Android.

DeletedUser1500

I know the need for a beta. It was more a jab at new worlds every month.

DeletedUser835

I still feel like a new world dedicated to only new players without any veterans or premade tribes would still be the best way to teach the newbies. Most new players are slaughtered within the first month of playing, especially if they join right when a server first opens.

DeletedUser465

I've never heard of many mods playing on beta. There's the mod server, which is fun to mess around on :D but it's pretty deserted as far as the mods playing on it. More of a dev sandbox to test things out, or create the occasional video.
However some people do play on it, including -some- mods.

DeletedUser2041

I still feel like a new world dedicated to only new players without any veterans or premade tribes would still be the best way to teach the newbies. Most new players are slaughtered within the first month of playing, especially if they join right when a server first opens.
I've only played one world before us16 and that was us10. You can learn very easily on your first world.

We had taught a player named Sheywin how to play in my tribe. She turned out to be a top player.

Though, we should probably get back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator: