• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Mass recruitment feature

DeletedUser2081

Your current troop count only dictates what will not be ordered. This feature recruits a total number of whatever unit for the village...if you put that you want 1000 spear, and the vill has 1000, it will not order more. But if you say you want 1500, and you have 1000 then it will order up to 500 more depending on the rss you have available when you hit that button. It's really not difficult to work with
you are presenting the simplest case :)

DeletedUser2207

you are presenting the simplest case :)
Simplest case works here. This isn't that difficult. Troop builds for each flavor of vill aren't all that varied...so the tool works well enough for those who wish to save time and aren't too worried about rss balance. Use the market for the excess if it bothers you so much. I generally just donate it to the tribe.

DeletedUser2081

My concern is not Rss balance at all . how can you possibly have the same number of troops in all the villages , because if you don't have the same number of troops , you are forced to tick the check boxes and use the feature for 1 village at the time .

DeletedUser2207

Now you're talking micro management...of course you aren't going to have the same number of troops. Why does that matter though? You put in the goal, and the tool recruits for you. It knows how many of each unit live in the village, and how many it needs to order to reach the goal. Tiny men die, it knows when that happens and can order those ones again when you click the button.

DeletedUser2158

Imagine you have Village A with 500 axes,1000 LC and 1000MA; Village B with 2000 axes, 1000 LC and 1000MA; Village C with 0 axes 750 LC and no MA. If you want to train 500 axes and 100 LC... wouldnt it be simpler to just click a boxe and train 500 axes and 100LC instead of relocating all the axes and LC so you can find that perfect number?

DeletedUser2207

Otay...an example
So I have currently 27 villages. I use the labels for:
Defense Back ~ 1500 spear. 1500 sword. 3000 archer. 9999999 HC. (meaning once I hit the desired number for all other units, this vill pumps out HC)
Defense Front ~ 1500 spear. 3500 sword. 4000 archer. 99999999 HC.
Axe Nuke ~ 17500 axe. 500 ram (I know, I know...but it's a number)
Horse Nuke ~ 1500 LC, 3000 MA, 500 ram (again, example...not giving you my actual troop counts)

Now, I queue buildings real quick using the buildings screen...and then click the tag for each of my 4 village types, and click recruit. Then, for good measure, I click the Dynamic Filter for vills not currently recruiting. If there are any, I can fix that. Simple, and quick so I can go back to farming or killing stuff knowing that all of my villages are doing something and I will eventually have all the tiny men that I desire. And if I need a nuke or whatever real quick...relocation :)

DeletedUser2207

I will try your way and give you a feedback after
Keep in mind these are already established vills with tiny men in them. If you're working with a smaller number of vills and lots fewer tiny men, you'll want those numbers to be smaller at first and gradually raise them as you get closer...like Defense Back 500/750/750/500 and then bump it

DeletedUser

Or you can stop using such meaningless builds and pump out troops and use relocation to it's full advantage. With 20 villages you can pump out a nuke and a half in a single day.

DeletedUser2207

Or you can stop using such meaningless builds and pump out troops and use relocation to it's full advantage. With 20 villages you can pump out a nuke and a half in a single day.
And that is when you use the tool without tags, order troops in all villls and relocate. Just about every argument you make against this feature has a simple solution. All you have to do is stop complicating things :)

DeletedUser465

He's a vet el, he's KNOWS what he's talking about!
hehe

Keep in mind that any and all icons can be used for sorting as well, and you can click manually which villages you want to follow the order you just rang up to be purchased

DeletedUser2081

I know how the use the feature totally and trust me i know every pro and con of the feature , i use it very often . I want to point out to you that this feature cannot be used with out relocation as that will allow you to have A closer range of troops in all villages .
The point i am trying to make is If the rule "type a number of troops you want to end up in a village " can be changed to "Type a number of troops to recruit " , It makes the life of a player considerably simple .
And i also want to say , that this feature can be used to save some time but if you are are talking about using this feature for most of the recruiting (Which will save a lot of hours and which can be used to fight and do ops) , you should change the rule .

DeletedUser2207

LT, I get what you're saying...I do. But total number for the vill makes more sense (at least to me). Trouble with stuff like this...you can't please everyone. The feature as is works for some, while others would prefer it another way. For me, this total number business is fabulous. I don't have to think about the tiny men beyond it, and that means I can multitask all the more.
Think W21, hun...log in, click button to recruit, launch 2-4 nukes, farm and repeat. That world, I labeled my vills "near red" (recruited rams and axe) and "far from food" (horses), relocated as they cooked up and killed all the things. Had the number for units set to 999999 and called it good. Work with the system...it'll grow on ya ;) (btw, kinda miss watching you kill)

DeletedUser1346

When you have 700 villages, the ability to mass recruit saves a ton of time. Use labels on your villages and recruit based on that. This is one of the best features they have made, especially when you have a large number of villages.

DeletedUser1346

I know how the use the feature totally and trust me i know every pro and con of the feature , i use it very often . I want to point out to you that this feature cannot be used with out relocation as that will allow you to have A closer range of troops in all villages .
The point i am trying to make is If the rule "type a number of troops you want to end up in a village " can be changed to "Type a number of troops to recruit " , It makes the life of a player considerably simple .
And i also want to say , that this feature can be used to save some time but if you are are talking about using this feature for most of the recruiting (Which will save a lot of hours and which can be used to fight and do ops) , you should change the rule .

I do NOT like this idea. The worst thing that can happen is to change it where you recruit the number rather than a max number of troops. I may have defensive villages already at max number of spears and want to recruit other troops but if I set all my defensive villages to recruit 1k spears and 1k HC then even those already at the max size would recruit. When you have a very large number of villages you would be better off just going through each manually as that is what you'd have to basically do. If they added a max value then this would be fine but I really don't have any problems with it how it currently is. It works perfectly for me.