• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Second Village Discussion

DeletedUser

once the village is completed then the wallet warriors (that already have far to much advantage) get another village to spend crowns on. the feature will not help new players. what is the retention rate 1 per hundred accounts? they will quit before they even get 3rd village just like they always do. Maybe a few more players will stat with game But I really doubt it. the map is an abortion compared to what it was before this feature. If they really wanted to help new players Inactive villages would turn in barbarians.

Tokano

Not a Mod
The beauty of "wallet warriors" is that money is finite. Skill isn't.
Take Broken Wheel for example; it took three months for players who spent large amounts of money to take him out. He didn't spend a dime, he was just better at the game than they were and he made them pay dearly for attacking him. So yes, while people who pay to play have huge advantages that boarder on unfair (my own personal feelings), it doesn't entirely break the game. Skill will always beat peoples wallets. Now, if someone with actual skill starts paying big bucks, we could have serious problems. Then again, the people with real skill don't see the need to spend copious amounts of money.

As for the inactive players... I have no idea why the developers haven't fixed that yet. Everyone has been yelling at them to fix it for months. I can only assume they underestimate how important that issue really is.

DeletedUser

when you handicap the free players by taking away over half of the barbarian villages the wallet warriors will now get much better results

Tokano

Not a Mod
Norris;n3529 said:
when you handicap the free players by taking away over half of the barbarian villages the wallet warriors will now get much better results

By that logic, players who noble barbs are taking away from the free play experience and helping the "wallet warriors" in their quest for conquest.

DeletedUser

who benefits when there are 51% less barbarians? Follow the money. when an idiot nobles a barbarian around me I take it from them. I have no option to add back into the game 51 percent of the barbarians that were removed (to help) players.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Show your sources and math.
How is the second village feature taking away 51% of barbarians and how does money correlate?

While you crunch the numbers and look for somewhere that says "the game caters to people who spend money", I'll respond with a much more likely scenario of how the second village feature impacts the worlds.

The second village feature is in place to help new players learn the ropes and the growing pains of managing more than one village. There are a few bugs in the mechanics that the developers didn't think the whole way though, but there is already a fix available and nearly ready[SUP]1[/SUP]. The village density is going to increase after the fix because the second village feature will always find a spot for your village. The formula for the barbarian spawn is directly tied to active players/villages in the area. They spawn as more villages spawn, this keeps the barb to village ratio in balance.

Once inactive players start turning into barbs, the world will be thrown into a large barbarian imbalance and players on the rim won't have any barbs around them because the game sees thousands of barbs already in the game and doesn't feel the need to spawn any new ones. So on the existing worlds, they are going to need to find new barb ratio's to suit that world specifically before the inactive villages turn into barbarians.

Where does money come into this equation? The players who spend money are going to have the same exact same advantages as before. Nothing here throws the game out of balance.

DeletedUser

If i get this correctly than new barbs will spawn in my area after i noble the inactive players?
Thumbs up for the changes that are happening btw. I see some barbarians spawning but i dont understand the mechanics behind it yet.

Tokano

Not a Mod
whotookmystupidname;n3560 said:
If i get this correctly than new barbs will spawn in my area after i noble the inactive players?
Thumbs up for the changes that are happening btw. I see some barbarians spawning but i dont understand the mechanics behind it yet.

No. New barbs spawn as new player villages spawn and the level of activity in an area (this is being discussed elsewhere) determines how quickly the barbs will grow.

DeletedUser

Tokano by this logic no more barbarians should be spawning in my province since no new players are added to it. However after nobling the first 3 inactive players in my province 5 new barbarian villages popped up. I would really like to know if this is due to more active villages being in the province now OR if these are the 2nd villages the inactive players havent claimed by now.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Hmm... Maybe they are basing it off active villages in a province in US5.
Since I only play US1, I was making assumptions.

DeletedUser722

does anyone know and tell me how to use troops sent to 2nd village as support? or how to recall them to 1st village? i sent some soldiers to my 2nd village to farm barbarian around 2nd but can't use them through 2nd village..

DeletedUser583

does anyone know and tell me how to use troops sent to 2nd village as support? or how to recall them to 1st village? i sent some soldiers to my 2nd village to farm barbarian around 2nd but can't use them through 2nd village..
When you send defensive troops they sit at that village as protection and can not be ordered by the 2nd village. To return these troops to village one click/tap on the units overview (shield w/2 swords) Under external troops you will see your support troops. there will be 2 buttons on the right one returns some troops the other sends all back! GLHF

DeletedUser406

I just realized I'm in the same tribe as a game mod I feel so special

DeletedUser385

I went looking for Tokano on the new world just so i can mess with him but I dont see him in there unless he is using a different name.

Tokano

Not a Mod
I went looking for Tokano on the new world just so i can mess with him but I dont see him in there unless he is using a different name.
xP I went to fulltime modding. I had to quit US6 after a change in my schedule prevented me from actually playing the game.
So you're only able to harass me on the forums or on Skype now.

DeletedUser

xP I went to fulltime modding. I had to quit US6 after a change in my schedule prevented me from actually playing the game.
So you're only able to harass me on the forums or on Skype now.
GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!