• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Global Chat

Would you be interested in a global chat?

• Total voters

DeletedUser797

This forum isn't used at all like a global chat would. Players can moderate themself by having an ignore/report list. It's not a huge issue. There wouldn't need any warning for people to talk when its minimized. If you don't want to see it to maximize it. No one is making you use it. It's a feature I would guess many would love to have

You would be able to be more social. News and information can pass more freely. People will begin to make new friends or new foes. Trash talking can take place, without posting something and waiting hours for a response. A long with possible questions the community can answer right then and there. Tribe recruitment might even be boosted through this means. Introducing people to tribes or people they otherwise would never meet. Most people don't like the forums and find them as satisfying. The chat system doesn't even need to be popped open if you don't want to see it.

With that said I guess I should debunk everything as i can. If people are afraid of others learning their schedules then the mail system should be removed by that logic. It would do exactly the same thing as a global chat would but instead players can carry a conversation without having to come across each other and message them. Also The first thing I check is my mail and my reports when i first log. Going off of that i'm making the assumption that a lot of others do aswell. It's not like anyone is making you use it. Why would you take something away from players that would be positive for other players when you simply can opt out and not use it. That seems selfish. Nobody is making you use this feature. Now, how would you fix spammers? EASILY! The devs would simply code it to where you can only send a maximum two messages per 5-10 seconds.

If you vote no please justify your answer into the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1260

This has been brought up in the past many times in different suggesstion threads. It boils don't to some people feel it will show when they are online and others feel that the blinking message will just denote spam. I do agree it will bring more activity to a server and make people more involved, but than someone has to moderate to keep the trash talk from getting too heated. This forum already has such moderation so the same could take place here without the added blinky in the game that some players find annoying. PNP is important just surprised it is so one sided on some worlds.

DeletedUser1260

Valid points and lets see how other people are feeling about this idea.

DeletedUser31

I would be nice however I can see where some people would use it to "cheat" just a bit....you would be able to tell when someone is on and the WAR part is easy to fix when they are not on.

DeletedUser1260

When people talk in the chat, other people would mark that time the comment was made. They can use that information to form a pattern of activity.

DeletedUser1260

Got it. Done, I hope both sides come out to discuss this. Your arguement is quite well stated.

DeletedUser797

Everyone please re-read the top. I changed things a bit to make it better.

Duh, why are you talking to yourself? :) (Pun off of why are you hitting yourself)

DeletedUser645

I don't like this idea simply for the spam.. It would make the worlds more active and they would communicate more, however, spam would wreak havoc. It'd end up being more trouble than it's worth. In my opinion.

DeletedUser

After the spammer I have heard about, no this is too easy to abuse and never really adds anything to a game but drama... and i already have enough drama

DeletedUser1260

Communication is a good thing but abuse of the system is too common and I really think that everybody's definition of what is spam is different. There is a fine line of a Global chat enhancing the experience or giving mass mailers a new outlet.

DeletedUser797

"I don't like this idea simply for the spam.. It would make the worlds more active and they would communicate more, however, spam would wreak havoc. It'd end up being more trouble than it's worth. In my opinion."
So, because you don't want others should not get it? People would only be able to send a spam 2 times in a 10 second period. NOBODY would make you use the OPTIONAL feature.

"After the spammer I have heard about, no this is too easy to abuse and never really adds anything to a game but drama... and i already have enough drama"
Again, how would someone abuse this? "Heard about" So, it's never happend to you and yet your against what you "heard" and not actually seen? If you don't want drama DON'T USE IT!

Nobody is really contributing to this conversation your just saying "no people will abuse it" Without being clear. I cannot even begin to form an argument based on that reply unless you want me to say. " No one will abuse it! "

Simply only being able to send messages twice in a short time period would inhibit any spamming. If that fails there is also another option you could take i mentioned SIMPLY have an "ignore list" so you never hear from them again. Also, possibly have a point requirement so people can't make new accounts to spam.

There are ways around spammers, how do you think other rts games get around it? We just need to brainstorm of a good conversation and go from there

DeletedUser1260

I experienced "what he heard about" I told him about it. We had a member that sent huge amount of mass mail because he was angry at the tribe. I mean 8 hours of messages, until it could finally get all straightened out.
Anyway about a box that has tribe chat, leaders chat and global chat in tabs that can be openned or not by the player is used successfully on other innogames. I have found though that global chat is the least used in most of the games I have played. The alliance chat is used the most, but still very sparingly by some alliances. People find alternative ways of communicating.

So can we get more information from others on this topic?

DeletedUser

I am sorry, you must be new to the internet... Drama is like wildfire.

Also i know of NO decent RTS that has a global chat that is actually used.

As a member of my tribe I have to deal with the issues unleashed by both my own tribemates and people bashing my tribe on global chat.

DeletedUser797

Excuse me?
"Also i know of NO decent RTS that has a global chat that is actually used" Is your opinion which is fine, but i feel that brings nothing to the table. Evony, Lords online and many other games that was the most popular game within their genres. They each had a chat system. They each were successful for many years.

"people bashing my tribe on global chat." DONT USE IT. No one is making you. If your own tribe is causing "drama" then maybe you should fix that. That's an internal problem. I don't see how your own tribes drama has anything to do with this global chat discussion when you don't need to take part. I'm aware this sounds rude but i couldn't rephrase it and have the point I want

DeletedUser255

Nobody is really contributing to this conversation your just saying "no people will abuse it" Without being clear. I cannot even begin to form an argument based on that reply unless you want me to say. " No one will abuse it! "
When the tribe chat was first initiated, an error or misjudgement caused the chat refresh to effect serious lag upon players in tribes until the issue was fixed.
Considering that, and the reality that the current demands of the game require much more optimisation alongside the current roadmap for intended features, I would at the very least say that the game is not ready for a world chat.

DeletedUser797

When the tribe chat was first initiated, an error or misjudgement caused the chat refresh to effect serious lag upon players in tribes until the issue was fixed.
Considering that, and the reality that the current demands of the game require much more optimisation alongside the current roadmap for intended features, I would at the very least say that the game is not ready for a world chat.
I really like how you put this. I don't know the requirements to run the server, nor do i know what it can handle. With that said the server handles the tribe chat quite well. I don't see how a global chat would bring much more stress. Unless the server is already at the max it could handle it wouldn't be an issue server side. (i do have experience ) That's more up to the developers. Anyone else have any other view points?

DeletedUser460

I think it would be a great way to meet other people on the other side of the world