• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Balancing Update II

DeletedUser61

Please utilize this thread to discuss The Balancing Update II. For more information or to view the update notes click HERE.

DeletedUser

What do you find amazing about it DC? What feature most interests you? Why?
Ugh ur not gonna quit are you XD

Big Things, the lower HoO is great, makes it more worthwhile to build, and the beds are only more useful.

The training times though i wonder if they will be fast for early game, making ques difficult to manage, would love to see them in action to give a better opinion on them.

The resource costs lowering * are certainly icing on a cake, but will hardly be noticed I think, lot cheaper to build a mine toward the higher levels but I don't pay much to cost anymore than

DeletedUser238

this balance update has no announced date so im not excited for anything. they can say they will test these changes but until a date is give these are just words on a forum.

DeletedUser504

Do the same people that work on bringing new features in also work in the bug-fixing department? Because I just lost several nukes to a bug that's been here for months and then in the same week a new feature update is realised =\

DeletedUser255

Could you explain this bug, as I am unaware of one that loses nukes? Have you submitted a ticket for the in game staff to look at?

DeletedUser

The "Balancing Update II" post says that troops will build "up to more than twice as fast!" and shows a chart where build times for certain troop builds will go from taking 55 days to 24 days, but then later it says that build times for those same units will go from 840 seconds to 90 seconds, or from 1500 secs to 180 secs. That is more like a 90% reduction in time and is very different from the first table. Can you explain, or clarify these discrepancies?

My personal recommendation is that all troop times be reduced equally and proportionally. For instance, if axemen are reduced in build time by 60%, every unit should have the same reduction. Your charts show certain units getting bigger reductions than others, which would necessitate strategy changes.

Also, with the build time reductions, will there be any resource cost reduction? It will be impossible to keep troops queued at all times if they are building that fast but still cost the same.

Oh... is there any chance that coin costs will decrease in the future, as TW1 worlds tend to do in late stages?

DeletedUser255

TW1 do it for end game stage, I do not believe it will be seen here as there is a different endgame stage with a coin cost reduction for a kingdom "official" planned

DeletedUser

Will these changes affect all worlds or only the newer worlds?

DeletedUser

The recruit changes seem huge to me. Maybe it will just take some big adjustments on my part. But for one, it seems like it will be very difficult to keep recruit queues full in the early game. I just don't think many people will have the resources for that speed. Second, a big part of my strategy is to get the barracks up high as fast as I can so I can recruit more troops than my neighbor. In an offensive village, what is the reason to build beyond level 15?

DeletedUser897

The recruit changes aren't for the early game obviously they will however speed up progression for the game in general. I wish these speeds where here when I started. Points are nothing and early game being able to pump troops like that will give active players a big jump in getting ahead of others.

DeletedUser

Only one of my questions was answered. now the update is allegedly coming, and much uncertainty and conflicting info has not been clarified. To quote:

The "Balancing Update II" post says that troops will build "up to more than twice as fast!" and shows a chart where build times for certain troop builds will go from taking 55 days to 24 days, but then later it says that build times for those same units will go from 840 seconds to 90 seconds, or from 1500 secs to 180 secs. That is more like a 90% reduction in time and is very different from the first table. Can you explain, or clarify these discrepancies?

My personal recommendation is that all troop times be reduced equally and proportionally. For instance, if axemen are reduced in build time by 60%, every unit should have the same reduction. Your charts show certain units getting bigger reductions than others, which would necessitate strategy changes.

Also, with the build time reductions, will there be any resource cost reduction? It will be impossible to keep troops queued at all times if they are building that fast but still cost the same.

DeletedUser1260

Giantsfrey what you read was since the beginning from level one we had a 60% reduction on troop building as we leveled our barracks. That will be removed. The first chart shows as an example of a level 20 barracks with the changes of new technologies in the barracks, that you will get additional to the base time of troop recruitment of Barracks level 10 "Sargent"+ 5% and level 20 "Lieutenant" +10%, will find out if they stack for you. The second chart shows the new base rate for recruiting of troops. After the 60% we started with gets taken away. Now if my math is wrong or if I am wrong in how I read it. I know you are the man to get to the bottom of it. Now there is a third new technology at Level 25 also which gives you an additional 15% in recruiting.
I hope this helps in what was stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ah, that does help a bit. I guess the recruit speed won't be altered that much on a full lvl 25 barracks--only maybe 15%?
Anyways, most people who already play this server have hundreds of lvl 25 barracks, so we care little about the changes in going from a lvl 6 to level 20 barracks. if i had to build up villages like that still i'd just quit!