• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Mediator in Gyulai Var

Would you seek a mediator to resolve a war between tribes if one was available?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

My tribe, Razgriz, is setup as a mediator faction to assist in settling minor disputes that do not, or would prefer not, need open conflict between tribes. Currently, I am the only member, however, I am looking for additional people who may be willing to assist in this role.

My intent is to remain Neutral in all conflicts and assist in their peaceful resolution when both parties are willing to come to the table. The only thing I ask in return is to be left in peace, I operate solely on a PvE (Player Vs AI) level. Any who apply to be a mediator will have to answer some questions and be willing to accept the odd attack now and then without lashing out or "Rage Quitting".

People attacking people is simply the nature of the game, however, I find it a much more interesting challenge to create a peaceful world where issues are resolved without the use of a sword.

DeletedUser

I'm going ot respect the moderators and stay on topic. This is Tribal Wars 2 not no Tribal Hugs. If you want to play a peaceful city builder then you can maybe move over to Elvenar where no one will touch you? Just a bad idea but I give you points for at least posting it :)

DeletedUser723

Please note the second word in the name of this game. Tribal WARS. Wars should be fought to their rightful conclusion which is the total annihilation of the enemy. In my humble opinion any attempt to take the war out of a war game borders on sacrilege and may be just cause for you to be burned at the stake as a witch. Hmm may have to put that one to a vote here in the forums. But I do agree with Superman, kudos to you for having the courage to post your offer of becoming a medieval United Nations.

DeletedUser

You are all entitled to your opinions but endless and pointless war has no purpose. I'm not saying to end wars all together, that would be bordering on a miracle lol. My intent is to help make the game playable for the new people, who don't stand a chance after the 5 day peace shield ends, get in the door. That way people can actually have fun with the game.

Anyway, the purpose of this is simply to keep things from degenerating into a massive FFA which will just leave everyone stressed out all the time. Which doesn't encourage continued participation. This is just my thoughts on the matter and I'm not saying everyone should hug each other either. :p

DeletedUser

My issue with this is two things. You refer to new players like it's all players. Tribal Wars 2 isn't for everyone (at least not the weak) because it's a strategy game that you want to dumb down for the sake of making it easier to everyone? You assume that everyone experienced your same issue (getting taken out early) which that is not the case as I know many 1st time players have kicked butt their first world because they were able to adapt.

Believe it or not I'm sorry but Tribal Wars 2 is all about stress. Setting the alarms to send out attack/farm checking on a lunch break to see if you are being attacked. Hey the weak do not survive for a reason. Players that actually take the time to learn the game and make connections in game are the ones that make it, not by trying to establish a peaceful world.

I think your intentions were good however this is not what Tribal Wars 2 is about. I have played this game for a very long time dating back to TW1 and one thing I love is when players refer to their problems as though it's EVERYONE's issue (example: if this is not change TW2 will lose all it's players). This is so far from true because those that actually have a passion for the game stick it out and help change the game positively not threatening saying players will leave. I have seen worlds for the first time here really start to pick up similar if not better competition lately than on .en. Razgriz1 just keep in mind if as a player you don't do good on one world there are many other opportunities in future worlds to learn from your mistakes. Anyways I figured I would respond back mainly because of "everyone will quit" sentence.

DeletedUser

Maybe an over generalized statement I agree. And I'm not having too many issues myself, there are just some people that prefer to stay out of the big fights. Granted that the pace will cause a lot of "casual" players to leave because they just don't have the time to commit to a game. But you've made your point and we'll leave it at that.

DeletedUser465

Personally, I do not see a need for this, in this particular game. Tribes have diplomats and leaders to work out issues. We don't need a 3rd party to point things out to avoid what you call a 'pointless conflict' inside of a war game. The tribes we are warring we have pretty good reasons to be warring. Maybe if you can specify what you hope to help prevent by mediating 'minor' issues.

DeletedUser

Razgriz, a lot of countries in the world do take this stance of neutrality. They have their space and they just want to maintain their space of land and not get involved in wars. However, my issue with this frame of mind in the winning objective of this game is taking over the map. And by taking the game into a PvE (taking barbs?) you'll only cause the top tribes to war against you as this actually destroys the land. Barb villages are there for resources to help you grow. The high point barbs are an easy out to get points, sure, but you only hurt yourself in the long run. By taking a barb, it's one less place to get resources from in that area and you start to become over concentrated. Too many villages in one area starts to starve them of resources that could be used to build. Usually, this comes into effect with getting coins for nobles. Sure, eventually a village will be able to self sustain itself so you are constantly making units, but it's not quite enough to make units, buildings, and coins. The risk with barbs being on the map, of course, is people taking them, building a church, and then attacking you, but you can prevent that by shaping a barb village. Send catapults to knock down statue, HQ, Farm, etc., so eventually its resource buildings level up more and players can't noble them and get a church built quickly.

I know this may seem a bit off topic, but it's a huge flaw in what you are trying to do here. It's never a good idea to take barbs unless its later into the game, but even then it's a bit iffy as to when it would be appropriate. You're just going to get on bad terms with tribes from the start and the neutrality mindset makes it almost impossible to be able to win a world.

DeletedUser

I never said I was taking over barbs. They are a great source of resources. PvE means I'm not attacking other players, simple as that.

DeletedUser534

I never said I was taking over barbs. They are a great source of resources. PvE means I'm not attacking other players, simple as that.
I'm confused, there is only 2 sources of villas. Players and barbs, unless you mean in the sense that your not counting IAs as players.

DeletedUser

I only have my starting 2 villages you get from questing. I'm content with this for my own purposes.

DeletedUser534

I only have my starting 2 villages you get from questing. I'm content with this for my own purposes.
Well if your fine with 2 villas than that's perfect for you, but it's going to be tough to convince others to only have 2 villas and once they hit there cap idk what your going to do after that. Personally I find the idea intresting, but people will exploit you in every way if you don't grow past 2 villas. This is a harsh game with harsh players.

DeletedUser

That's why it's so much more interesting. Dealing with issues without just pounding it into the ground is much more complicated. But that's my personal view. I've met all sorts in games like this and there's not much to be done about some of them. Just a matter of deciding whether it's worth the effort to show my stubborn side or not lol

DeletedUser

I don't see a reason for a moderator, this game sadly is short lived (See the less than 1 years like Us1 and US2) Wars need to be drawn out and fun :D

DeletedUser

I appreciate the idea it is a good idea. It is just bad for this game. Army size determines strength in this game with some tactics played out. I have seen mediator guilds in things like Ultima Online and Guild Wars things like that but here it is likely unnecessary.

DeletedUser

Few wars are fought to the total annihilation of one side- there are almost always survivors. This is true in the world and in the game. If the sides are even enough to continue fighting without either gaining on the other, then it would eventually behoove both sides to come to a ceasefire if for no other purpose to rebuild and rearm to try again to outmatch their enemy before engaging them again.

I would say that yours is certainly a novel if not practical idea. As others before me have said, games such as these are about conquest in the long run. Conquer or be conquered. It is not impossible to stay below the radar and play a simple game and end up like Switzerland, but most are going to fight battles between "A" and "B." In the end, the role of a mediator would best be served in the ranks of a larger tribe involved in the conflict. Few would listen to a third party simply because most are headstrong and would not understand your involvement or what it is that you'd be gaining from your participation.

On the subject of villages, while I'd agree that barbs are wonderful resources to harvest, you must see villages surrounding yours owned by play-ers who don't. They sit and collect dust at 51 points or 83 points for months on end if not indefinitely. These are people who are NOT coming back to the game. Would it upset your initiative to take these abandoned plots under your wing and improve them to their max potential? If nothing else, you get the chance to rename them Geneva or Versailles....

DeletedUser

Honestly i would just manipulate and use your services to leverage others into a position of vulnerability. But in kind of a jerk.

DeletedUser

Wow, dude. ... point taken though- there ARE asshats out there.... At least you're honest about it, right?

Last edited by a moderator: