• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Chatrooms

DeletedUser

I like the chatbox so is there anyway to make a chatroom and invite others. It could be leave-able of course and maybe you have to accept before entering so its not just instant you are in the room like messages. This wouldnt take over messages because you cant link stuff in chat.

DeletedUser1260

Honestly, Sir Eaker some tribes use different off game options to chat as you say or use the message system, the people that don't want to be in it can leave if they are on a computer or ask to be let out by the operator of the message if they are on mobile. The idea of a global chat was shot down by the communinty so many times, I can not count them all. :D We got the chatbox from one such suggestion, but it was definitely amened it was only for the tribe.
What does everyone else think on this? Please chime in.

DeletedUser

Understood. But as it is if people are on and you have a seperate window for a OP you could talk to people in that op and open windows for building, resources, forums, blah blah blah and still have the chat open so it would limit back and forth on windows. Plus you can talk and have a transparent window and see the battlefield and talk in real time. Just seems easier and simpler.

DeletedUser1260

We have a chat box for that. It is getting people to even communicate in it that is the challenge it seems with most tribes I have been in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The hardest part with the chat box is the time difference with tribe members. Not a whole lot on at my time

DeletedUser1260

It does need the abilty to link stuff in it, but to talk while ops it works.

DeletedUser

In Forge of Empires, there is a 3-way chat. Global, Neighborhood, and guild. It would be nice to have the option here also.

DeletedUser1260

Well like I said different tribe use outside chat forums SirEaker, my tribe uses Skype.

DeletedUser1348

skype has better functionality to it. The tribal chat window is good, just to say hello but like what was pointed out, its impossible to get even half to use it, or on at the same time.
Only thing I see as a decent negative, is some idiot bringing up religion or politics on a global chat screen, next thing ya know yeah use your imagination. Seen it too many times on games with global chat. Get out the chat ban stick. No offense, but I dont think there are enough mods, or enough time for the mods to moderate a global chat.