• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Multiaccount/Coop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to get some help to determine if potentially a violation in the multi-account rules can occur through coop. Specifically, I am trying to determine if when an individual is using multiple accounts to spy on an opponent including their primary account and then launches attacks from their primary accounts after the villages have been scouted.

My argument is that the knowledge gained from the scout report violates the multi-account rules because it gives an advantage to the main account which is a violation to my understanding even with coop enabled. I would suggest that the utilization of the coop account for purposes of spying are considered attacking the same target and thus in violation of the multiaccount rules.

Please assist.

Mario

DeletedUser1314

but wouldn't knowledge from scout reports be public? for example if you and I were in a tribe Mario, and you scouted someone and gave me that scout report via a shared link, wouldn't that count? Or if another tribe mate scouted that city and share it with us, is that cheating? anyone can spy and share spies. no cheating in that.

Edit: I also wanted to add some breif rules to review in regards to co-op:

Rules are below:
1. One account per player
  • It is allowed for two or more players to use the same computer and/or internet connection, provided each player only controls the actions of his/her own account. The only exception is built-in co-op system (Coop wiki)
Co-Op Rules are below
Rules and restrictions
There are some rules and restrictions for playing coop though:

• A maximum of 2 coop players is allowed to play together on one account (one primary user and up to two co-op players)
  • If your coop partners are playing on the same world, they have to be in the same tribe as you are
  • If you leave your tribe, all coop partners are removed from your account
  • After removing a coop partner the slot is blocked for 7 days. During this period you cannot invite another player to this slot.
  • If the account owner gets banned, all coop partners are removed from his account
  • Account partners have no access to your crowns. But they can use whatever is in the account's inventory and spend their own crowns.
  • Coop partners will not have the ability to delete reports, delete messages, create forum posts or threads, edit tribe forums or threads or delete tribe forums or threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser645

Everything under co-op must follow the Account Pushing rule as well:
It is forbidden to use one or more accounts that solely exists to advance the progress of another account.

It is forbidden to create trades in any form (resources, attacks, favors etc.) that involve multiple worlds and/or servers.
Example:
  • Transferring resources or troop support frequently to another account or other accounts to solely push their progress instead of your own is forbidden.

DeletedUser1314

Everything under co-op must follow the Account Pushing rule as well:
It is forbidden to use one or more accounts that solely exists to advance the progress of another account.

It is forbidden to create trades in any form (resources, attacks, favors etc.) that involve multiple worlds and/or servers.
Example:
  • Transferring resources or troop support frequently to another account or other accounts to solely push their progress instead of your own is forbidden.

so jpex, I am new to TW2 and I do not understand co-oping at all lol, so to clarify that would mean essentially that co-ops works to mantain activity of account and can be used in anyway. Let me see if I can get an example:

So Acct A and B co-op. A spies for B because B's spies are out, they share reports etc. that would be ok?

vs say:

A and B coop. A build a nuke for B doesn't have to, A wastes all his troops on target X for B. B then nobles X and either 1) rebuilds troops in player A or 2) nobles player A?

just so I understand co-oping better and the rules that go with it

DeletedUser645

That is exactly right.
The role of a co-op partner is to account sit. Actions, like what you said in Ex. 2, would be against the rules. Under that example, you essentially have two accounts, hidden under the label of co-op.

DeletedUser1260

So then, why not just change co-op to be able to not use the co-played accounts troops or spies? When you co-op all you could do is build troops for that player, send farming runs and fill build queues? The not being able to send messages makes no sense to me. What if the co-op is under attack? Why can't you post to the forum for support? I see this a backwards. You are watching the account to safeguard it for the player.

Restrictions on the actions you can do with in a co-play should be instituted so that the example Mario put up can not happen.

I enter for consideration these restrictions be placed on the co-play feature:
1. Your co-player would be unable to send your resources to other villages.
2. Your co-player would be unable to send your troops anywhere but to raid barbarian villages.
3. Your co-player would be unable to send your spies.

These restriction that would be built into the game, would stop the use of co-played accounts to further the agenda of another player.

This would also take away the need to put hours into investigating people for breaking the rules and or making players find proof to present to the Moderation Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Agreed with Jaded. I think for your sake, the limitations are a good idea. I would say coplay is not broken if done according to the rules however the enforcement is going to be problematic. For example, we all know that coop for many players is being utilized to attack the same target as we discussed in the other thread. Additionally the only recourse is for individuals to report the suspected behavior. This creates a strain on community management to investigate. I am guessing that the more common the knowledge of what is and isn't allowed the higher the reports are going to increase. This will create a back end enforcement issue.

If the agreement is that the coop is there to maintain through a vacation or short downtime then placin restrictions so in spies and troop movements is an economically sound decision. The manpower hours that can be recouped by these limitations are huge.

DeletedUser61

If you need clarification regarding rule breaking this is not the place. Please contact support and we'll be happy to answer any question.

Status
Not open for further replies.