• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attacking Friendly Troops

DeletedUser449

Please change the behavior of troops to turn around if the troops are yours, belong to a your tribe, or belong to an allies tribe. Add an option to the attack screen to ignore this behavior if for some reason you have a valid reason.

DeletedUser255

I think they recently added a "Confirm" request if you try attacking a village holding your own troops, but there is too much strategy to be lost in losing the ability to attack yourself/allies.

DeletedUser449

I had suggested a way to bypassing this feature, on the attack screen for such situations when you do need to attack yourself or allies.

DeletedUser255

There are more strategies in this world than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Horatio. /paraphrase

DeletedUser1260

Like Yato said there are times we must attack ourselves or our tribe mates. It would just be wise to look at who you are attacking before sending the attacks and if you doubt for any reason how your target may be involved with your tribe, communicate with your tribe about your target.

DeletedUser984

I understood the original request to apply most prominently to noble trains. If you send 5 nobles and it's taken in 4, you will not end up attacking yourself. I'm not sure how this would change all the intricacies of gameplay, but think it might be worth a bit more discussion.
With that being said, I think I would still have to disagree. I know I've seen strategies where a defender will lower the loyalty of a village enough that when an enemy nobles, they end up losing troops as part of the defender's strategy. This whole aspect of defense would be removed from the game.
I believe there was a suggestion at one point for an additional feature to the Tactician where your forces will turn around and come home if your first nobles took the village already. Perhaps I'm mistaken in saying so but seem to recall something along those lines. This might be a better route.

DeletedUser449

It just seems silly to me that your forces are willing to kill their own friends/allies without specific orders to do so. I know there are times when it must be done. There could be way on the attack screen to override that behavior and say, "I don't care, do it anyways".

DeletedUser449

Or at least give us the option to choose which behavior we would prefer to use. Its our troops why can't we make that decision ourselves.

DeletedUser

I have to disagree as well, there gotta be some risk in it, that is what makes it fun

DeletedUser1260

Plus if you are online when your attacks land, you can just pull out the troops before the last noble hits. Easy, no fuss, loss or mess.