• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

None Game related - sort of...

DeletedUser1177

Maybe it's because I went to school decades ago...
I'm no English major but there are some things that I see in forums that are like chewing on tin foil.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1507

People are becoming lazier, it could be worse, you could have to handle "ur" instead :p

DeletedUser

I'm no English major but there are some things that I see in forums that are like chewing on tin foil."

I have a tip for you, NEVER do what you just did.
Be ready for players to sort through everything you have ever said on these forums or in game and point out every spelling/grammar mistake.
May the forum Gods have mercy on your soul.

DeletedUser1177

Let them. If someone has nothing better to do than purposely try to find my errors, more power to them. A mistake is one thing, consistency in making those same mistakes every single time - quite another.

DeletedUser1535

Wel since you all have nothing better to do then point out my gramattical errors how many errors in this one sentence can you find?

What the hell devil gaming is a mod now??!!! RIP ALL PLAYERS WHO PISSED HIM OFF IN PREVIOUS WORLDS..

DeletedUser1177

Here's a serious question. So the use of special characters to replace letters in words normally considered offensive is unauthorized, but "damn" in my signature is okay?

DeletedUser255

It is not allowed to correct or scrutinize grammar on the forums.
Here's a serious question. So the use of special characters to replace letters in words normally considered offensive is unauthorized, but "damn" in my signature is okay?
Open a ticket, can't be discussed here, just remember that children play this game too and that is the main driving force when language is considered.

DeletedUser1177

It's really not worth the effort. I completely understand that children can be in the game - I had a 14-year-old in my tribe. I'm just looking for some clarity & reading over the rules at the moment. I would love to see the list of dirty words.

DeletedUser

You nee
It's really not worth the effort. I completely understand that children can be in the game - I had a 14-year-old in my tribe. I'm just looking for some clarity & reading over the rules at the moment. I would love to see the list of dirty words.
Well As useful as that would be... it would be ironic...

DeletedUser1177

Got it. I'll just drop this b/c I would hate to see a tribe have to change their name because it contains a word that can be found in most any dictionary. But then, I guess most people don't use dictionaries anymore...
  • "No use of profanity will be permitted (including masked profanity). Depending on the severity the content may be deleted or edited."

DeletedUser

If we find a name bad you will see a nice "Changed By Support" Name on it :D

DeletedUser255

The black list is edited by the CMs, and is LONG. They don't really want to challenge players to work around the banned words either.
A note on that, if you plan to actually play this game, don't be silly and risk ruining that on a name.
Got it. I'll just drop this b/c I would hate to see a tribe have to change their name because it contains a word that can be found in most any dictionary. But then, I guess most people don't use dictionaries anymore...
  • "No use of profanity will be permitted (including masked profanity). Depending on the severity the content may be deleted or edited."
found in the dictionary, yes, but definition is only half the battle, the rest is fought over context.
I refer you to Tim Minchin talking about censoring words.

DeletedUser1177

I suppose they (the developers & engineers) could employ a mechanism for age-verification do that I could request of copy of the dirty word list via email...
(I really hope no one takes this dirty-word request as being serious. I have already posted the humor disclaimer.)

DeletedUser1177

If we find a name bad you will see a nice "Changed By Support" Name on it :D
I've seen that for months. Recently, however, some of my good friends in IMP we really hammering me in a province that I moved into. Via PM, we talked about my "taking a pounding". I named that target for nuke-abuse " # This ", a.k.a, Pound This. After several weeks, it got changed. Shrugged and moved on.