• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Lag Quick Fix

DeletedUser

This seems to stop the lag caused by the chat history(Which btw we are 95% sure is the source of the problem), atleast until an update fixes it, thanks to some of my ITy members finding the problem and knowing what to do with it.
PrePre: Download FireFox or Chrome (than delete IE or safari )
Pre: Download FireFox or Chrome Add on Adblock plus

1. click ABP (adblock plus) icon in firefox (or chrome)

2. select open blockable items

3. in blockable items window search:

twxus.innogamescdn.com/templates/interface.chat_cf3d573b85.html

4. right click on the above searched item and select block this item...
in the window that pops up select the circle next to the item that is exactly as the above searched item, then press the Add filter button at the bottom.

5. refresh tribal wars in ur web browser, chat is gone and hotkeys, but lag is gone.
Undo: Re-enable chat by searching the web address above again and right clicking it then disable the filter.

AS it says, this fix removed the ingame chat and hotkeys! but also the lag is gone

Tokano

Not a Mod
Interesting. Another player reported that the lag they were experiencing was fixed when they left an over-sized tribe as well.

Tokano

Not a Mod
xP Fortunately, Alnwick is stable and I don't have to do that.
I did have to turn off HTTPS Everywhere and my Trend Micro add-on though. Those combined made this game lag so hard I couldn't even load the homepage.

DeletedUser

Well, EEK on W1 chat is dead, so yea not an issue there, this is a tribe by tribe problem, active chat = more lag (i think)

Tokano

Not a Mod
^^ I didn't have lag in WTF and from the players in Omerta that I've had the chance to speak with, they're not lagging too badly.
Not to mention, I don't see any lag tickets from Alnwick. They're all from US2, 3, and 5. A few from US4, but not in the volumes we're getting from 2, 3, and 5.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Hmm.... Good call. Both WTF and Omerta use Skype.

PTV and WyG (you would know them as WTH) don't use Skype too heavily though. I'm positive that WyG is pretty exclusive using in-game chats since I have a few helpful friends in that tribe who feed me information. They might have a Skype chat going, but I don't think it gets used much. PTV, I'm unsure since I only get in-game messages sent to me, but I've heard from another friend they do have a Skype chat.

I haven't heard either of the people in those tribes complain about lag. Or maybe they just deal with it and don't cry about it like everyone else. xP

DeletedUser421

Hi all,

We rolled out a fix for this yesterday. Would be great if someone could confirm that it is better now? =)

DeletedUser375

yes much better on almost everything. Still quite a bit of lag when opening the overview but the rest is much better. We have all been so busy farming recruiting and building we forgot to come and say it was better. Now we just have to internally noble all the players that gave up because of the bug(s)

DeletedUser

Upon futher dealing with this, i also concluded that tribe size is a problem, the more people pulling info from the website in a tribe at a time, the more lagging

DeletedUser

Deadweight aint pulling chat info, just shows how active we are :D