• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Painting the World

DeletedUser

What if you give the tribal leadership the option to paint individual players so the whole tribe can see.

So lets say My tribe has a problem player in the area. as Tribal leadership i have the option to paint him Orange so my tribe can see who the biggest threat is. or if there is an Op in place to let those who are in the Op know where he is placed as opposed to just red.(the contrast in colors would be most benifical)
allow it for let say 10 different players and give the option to make what the color means so you can see it in the diplomacy section

and for Part 2 of helping with Tribe Comms is Tribe Taging. so we have the groups for our selves right (mark as D,Ovillas chruchs saboing villas things like that.

well why not make 3 more groups you can use that can be seen by the tribe. so when a tribe mate places it theres a little icon on the bottom of the villa with the icon and if you click on the villa it will show what the icon means and who its by.

would help those who need defense but cant tag allt he villas in a message quickly so he just tags them there. helps visually see on a map claims made by other tribe members so you dont ahve to keep double checking the fourms and things like that

https://us.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/highlighting-players-and-tries.1746/ this thread was similar to the one but i do find ine to be just enough differnt as its ont he tribal level as opposed to the player level

Tokano

Not a Mod
:p We already have a version of this.
d18e325e3484475a40c3d8449f0226c2

That's what the map in S.S looks like on US16.

DeletedUser

yeah but thats the TWtools thing, im talking on our actully maps and so we can communicate more directly within the game itself silly

DeletedUser1500

I wouldn't mind being able to tag villas that the entire tribe could see.

1. Spiked Barb? (I hate those btw)
2. Enemy Church
3. Offense/Defense
4. Leader of enemy tribe. Kill first.

You get the idea

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind being able to tag villas that the entire tribe could see.

1. Spiked Barb? (I hate those btw)
2. Enemy Church
3. Offense/Defense
4. Leader of enemy tribe. Kill first.

You get the idea
That last one could be done with painting them a different color as per the 1st part of my idea :D

DeletedUser1719

Yeah, it would have to be a privilege though. Every player doing that would ruin the point.

DeletedUser

the painting part i agree.

the tagging i think it would have to be liek 1-3 tags per player on the tribal scale

DeletedUser1719

I would still keep it as a priv that needs to be granted...depending on what you mean by tagging.

DeletedUser

the little square. like the groups that we can create for ourselves

DeletedUser1719

I still feel iffy about that. Picture the mess new players would make with that.

DeletedUser

it would def have to be tweaked on how it can be seen and things like that but wouldnt you like being able to tag like 6 villas with a group labled defend here. that the tribe could see

DeletedUser1719

At first glance, yes. But when I think about it in practicality...it wouldn't change much.

If I say 5 vills saying defend here, I'd PM the guy needing deffense asking for info on what to send where and against what. This is more or less what happens anyway, if you need support you send out a PM to locals (or you should). It's only really useful when it comes to running ops because you can put on who is claiming what vills - which is REALLY useful, but only needs to be given to those running an op.

DeletedUser

So what your saying is be able to create a tag that only selected people can see?

DeletedUser1719

Either that or more make it a priv that the leader can give to people. Like the ability to make tribe wide tags. That way squad leaders or those running ops can get the priv for things like that.

99% of tags will end in a PM needing more details, which is what happens already. The only tags that won't are general noble claims (which if everyone could do, it'd cause the same problems forums cause, just in a different way. Two people tagging similar time or without refreshing browse, people not paying attention to tags, people arguing over tags, etc..) and then op planning/running. And when you have more than 1 person running an op - unless they work really well together it just slows the op down.

DeletedUser

Either that or more make it a priv that the leader can give to people. Like the ability to make tribe wide tags. That way squad leaders or those running ops can get the priv for things like that.
That part i do like

The only tags that won't are general noble claims (which if everyone could do, it'd cause the same problems forums cause, just in a different way. Two people tagging similar time or without refreshing browse, people not paying attention to tags, people arguing over tags, etc..) and then op planning/running. And when you have more than 1 person running an op - unless they work really well together it just slows the op down.
idk i feel like it would lessen it as there would be less discrepancies of where that villa actully is lol