• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Not a Bug App crashes with voice input

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser984

When I try to press the speech to text button in any text input field in the app, the app immediately crashes. I've had this issue for a few weeks now (just updated the app and still having the problem).

DeletedUser984

This continues to be an issue for me several months after initially encountering it. Has it been investigated at all?

DeletedUser984

Still encountering this issue. Same phone (iPhone 5c) with latest updates.

Tokano

Not a Mod
I don't believe that speech-to-text is within the scope of what the application is capable of or even on the radar for where they seem to be taking the app.

DeletedUser984

iPhone keyboards have a speech-to-text feature built-in. I'd think that anywhere you can use the keyboard, you should be able to use that. I use it in messenger, safari, etc. without issue.

DeletedUser984

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear. iPhone keyboard (built into the iPhone and not part of the app's programming) has a speech-to-text function that can be used across all apps. Unfortunately, when I try to use this feature in TW2, the app crashes and exits. This would imply that something within the TW2 programming actually interferes with the build-in iPhone feature. I may be mistaken in thinking it should work across all apps, but I haven't encountered one yet that it hasn't worked perfectly fine.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Yes, Kndea, the speech-to-text function is integrated into the keyboard of iOS devices. However this does not mean that all keyboard functions will be available in every application.

Status
Not open for further replies.