• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

New players to the Game

DeletedUser2078

We all know the core of a world is harsh on the start of a realm. That is why I would like to suggest when opening a new realm that new players to the game be given a delayed start date. This will allow them to learn and grow in a part of the world that is not so frantic when BP wears off. Announce the world to start for veterans first and then open it say a week later to newer players. Placing them on the rim of the world and not mixed in the middle. We want new players to have a start at learning while not bombarding them early because the aggressive players have marked them as food.

DeletedUser1500

I think the simple education of that should suffice. Kind of like a new player briefing.

DeletedUser2078

Sure and if they are lucky and get into a tribe that will help them all the way through, that is where they will get it. The core is just too aggressive for a new to the game to start. I have seen many just up and quit.

DeletedUser1255

Been in the core..... not a great place to be, especially if you are newer to the game. I get what you are saying Joking-Tiger.

DeletedUser1500

I agree with the idea. I just thought a different approach would be better.
I love the core though. My wife hates it. She doesnt play, she hates that I am stuck on the game and checking it all night long.

DeletedUser

Sure and if they are lucky and get into a tribe that will help them all the way through, that is where they will get it. The core is just too aggressive for a new to the game to start. I have seen many just up and quit.
I'm about to mostly because new player advice is almost non-existent

DeletedUser2228

my problem with a delayed start is it makes it to easy to cheat. a veteran player that lets say isnt against bending the rules, can use a different name with a different IP address and gain the advantage. start on the rim and build like crazy with the knowledge to take a hole rim to himself rather quickly.
and dont say it doesnt happen. we all know that there are players on 2 or more IP addresses playing now.

DeletedUser2228

If it is a learning curb we want to teach new players so the game doesnt die off, then i suggest there is a world for beginners only. NO coining, just learning as you go. Keep all the little extras out of it. This way they learn how o play while fighting. the best way in my opinion. I read the Wiki and it helped but nothing like learning as you go

DeletedUser1211

There's no rule saying veteran players have to start in the core on day one, and that's not what's being proposed. A beginner's only world would be extremely open to abuse though. It's easy to create a new account.

my problem with a delayed start is it makes it to easy to cheat. a veteran player that lets say isnt against bending the rules, can use a different name with a different IP address and gain the advantage. start on the rim and build like crazy with the knowledge to take a hole rim to himself rather quickly.
and dont say it doesnt happen. we all know that there are players on 2 or more IP addresses playing now.

cokky

Berserker
the best idea i have heard of is to have inno treat brand new accounts differently then they do with the older ones. maybe a ranking system of sorts. if your new (even those who cheat and remake just to abuse the system) get placed further on the rim and maybe enjoy a slightly longer protection. This would how ever be hard and involving coding which they rarely want to mess with.

DeletedUser1211

If you did veteran-only worlds where the prizes were higher to entice experienced players to stay away from the regular worlds, that might work too. You could have worlds that were only open to players who have had a minimum of 20 or 30 (or whatever) villages on a previous world.