• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Is the tribal merger rule still in effect?

Colonel A

Spearman
A few months back we were informed that tribal mergers that give the appearance of assisting a tribe in domination was implemented and that the consequence could have the tribe banned. I have searched the Forums and can not find the rule or any update to the rule. Is this rule still in effect?

Thank you.

DeletedUser1179

Yes, the rule in regards to tribal mergers is still in effect.

DeletedUser465

A few months back we were informed that tribal mergers that give the appearance of assisting a tribe in domination was implemented and that the consequence could have the tribe banned. I have searched the Forums and can not find the rule or any update to the rule. Is this rule still in effect?

Thank you.
Yes, the rule in regards to tribal mergers is still in effect.

You should provide the link since he said he couldn't find it :p

DeletedUser1460

I was just told that if you add ANY player AT ALL after your tribe reaches 70% OR that pushes your tribe over 70% you will be in violation of the tribal merger rule and disqualified from winning.

DeletedUser1179

If you take players into your tribe when you are close to the 70% and it puts you over the 70% then yes your tribe would be in violation of the rule and could be disqualified.

DeletedUser1460

The rule is not written that way at all... it says nothing about individuals. It feels like the moderators are literally making up new rules as the game is being played.

Just so I have it straight... while the top tribe can no longer add ANY players at all, all other tribes still can. It seems to be more of a rule to prolong the game than to bring about any "fairness" as it severely handicaps the top tribe.

DeletedUser1460

I would like to propose a more fair method. Once the game enters into Tribal Domination, all tribes are no longer able to invite members. This would be something that would be easy to program into the game and would be fair to everyone, instead of just handicapping the top tribe.

DeletedUser1179

No one is trying to cripple the top tribe at all. Once the world is in end game status, no new players are allowed to join the world.

DeletedUser1460

The new rule now is that the top tribe is ban from ANY adding players and no other tribe has the same restrictions. If the reason that this new rule is to be fair and make everyone win with the team that they have then the rules should apply to everyone, not just the top tribe.

DeletedUser1949

I can see both sides of the argument, but the REAL problem is the % needed to win. Long before a tribe has 80% of the villages of the top 10 tribes, they are clearly in dominant control of the world. Tribal domination should start at 60%, and the world should end at 70%. I can't imagine what the worlds would be like if there were actually more than 2 meaningful tribes in a world. A single tribe would almost never be able to have 80% of the villages if there were 3 or more tribes with active members.