• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Taking Barbarian Villages

DeletedUser2167

I really wish there was some kind of point minimum for barbarian villages, before you can noble them. On Rumeli Hisari, people are already taking barbs, and the world isn't even 2 months old yet. Everybody needs to farm, and taking barbs early in the game, just pisses everyone off..myself included. A point minimum, say, 2500, would be nice. Either that, or throw troops in them.

DeletedUser

I really wish there was some kind of point minimum for barbarian villages, before you can noble them. On Rumeli Hisari, people are already taking barbs, and the world isn't even 2 months old yet. Everybody needs to farm, and taking barbs early in the game, just pisses everyone off..myself included. A point minimum, say, 2500, would be nice. Either that, or throw troops in them.
The max point for barbs are 3500. I don't know which tribe you're talking about, but most tribes leave barbs alone until late game. Barbs serve as a function-able farm with little to no upkeep needed. Nobling it is worthless this early.

DeletedUser1993

Wait until those barb munchers noble nothing but barbs then brag about making it to top 10 in every world they play in...by solely munching on barbs and internal nobling :rolleyes:.

I would prefer it if there's a limit to how many barbs someone can noble in a day, maybe just 1 a day. It's not gonna stop idiots from barb munching, but at least slow it down and discourage doing it too much

DeletedUser1487

Barb munching this early just pisses off everyone in that province, cause we all need resources, and now the barbs are finally producing a steady amount of resources every day.

DeletedUser1120

Sounds like a song I once knew "Cry Me A River" someone's taken all the barbs.

DeletedUser1179

As much as most of you will agree that barbs are pretty essential in the early stages of a world, we can't technically stop players from taking them. Even if we did put a point limit on them, most players won't take a low level barb anyways. Putting a limit on how many you can take would be difficult as well since most players like to take all the barbs in their province so no enemy tribe can get in. So as you can see, not as simple as it may seem :(

DeletedUser1120

Eat, Eat, Eat all the barbs in my main province. Taste so good. Cat. Cat, Cat all the barbs in my enemies province. Starve 'em out, Starve 'em out, Starve 'em out. Let them whither and die.

DeletedUser1993

Eat, Eat, Eat all the barbs in my main province. Taste so good. Cat. Cat, Cat all the barbs in my enemies province. Starve 'em out, Starve 'em out, Starve 'em out. Let them whither and die.

Catapult barbs? lol don't barbs reset at the end of the day? That makes it useless. Starve them out by continuously farming their barbs.

Putting a limit on how many you can take would be difficult as well since most players like to take all the barbs in their province so no enemy tribe can get in. So as you can see, not as simple as it may seem :(

I don't think putting a limit to 1 barb per day would be that hard, I highly doubt it will take the devs a full day to even implement that.

...then again, we're talking about TW2 here where I'm sure the backend code is a mess and image assets are not optimized :p Innogames need to hire more competent devs to make the whole thing function properly

DeletedUser1179

Which is why we had the post about freelance positions....:p

DeletedUser1993

Which is why we had the post about freelance positions....:p
I hope you guys find good ones, and that TW actually has full time dev employees....having a product team of nothing but contractors would suck

DeletedUser1179

Of course we do have a team of developers but having some freelancers will also help :)

DeletedUser

Wait until those barb munchers noble nothing but barbs then brag about making it to top 10 in every world they play in...by solely munching on barbs and internal nobling :rolleyes:.
Really hope you're not talking about me, As I don't barb munch. Every player I've played with can attest to this.

Catapult barbs? lol don't barbs reset at the end of the day? That makes it useless. Starve them out by continuously farming their barbs.
Catting barbs is the best thing to do. They don't "reset," They randomly generate buildings. This is the best way to max pit levels in barbs mid-late game. It also stops players from nobling in and popping a church.

DeletedUser1573

true it can be a pain, but it's part of the game, this little tribe we've been knocking heads with keeps nobling 100-1000 point barbs or inactives as we noble off their bigger villages, not worth taking...but a darn nuisance to just leave lying around. we leave em alone & move on, sooner or later we forget about em & they rise up from the ashes while we're fixated somewhere else effectively forcing us to fight on a front & our middle. something ive done in previous worlds- nice big barbs in your province no ones catted? well rather than take one at night while you sleep, why dont i take 3? sure you can nab one or 2 before i get a church up, but you wont be taking all 3 from me, & il have support land right after the church is done. theres alot of folks who take a bunch of barbs then brag, dont worry about these folks, they usually go inactive as soon as someone half their size takes 1 or 2 of their villages, theres good & bad that come with it & alot of people take advantage & try to use them to fluff up their numbers....read their bash, thatll tell you all you need to know about how they play

DeletedUser1487

Really hope you're not talking about me, As I don't barb munch. Every player I've played with can attest to this.
Why do you think everything is about you?
"We all know of how good you are." So don't go repeating yourself over and over again.

But besides that, as much as munching barbs is dumb, you can't stop a player from playing their way, once people start telling us how we can and can't play the game, it hurts the game and less players will come to play, and even less will continue to play.

DeletedUser1487

Are you implying that you are a barb muncher, I never thought you were. Which is why I said what I said, that not everything is about you. Would you like some lessons?
Scratch that, we are off topic, anyways, barbs.....