• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Did I Cheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivienne55

Axeman
I would like to pose this question to the group, because I need some clarity on the rules regarding co-opts.

I have an ally that abruptly left the game for work. He set me up as his co-opt, suggested he would return, but his job was taking him away and he would have bad internet connections and limited access to his account during this period. We shared multiple provinces we were jointly protecting together. Over the next 45 to 60 days, I would check in on his account, queue troops, advance buildings and attack barbs. I also used his troops to help defend positions my main account held and I attacked enemies with my troops and his troops in an attempt to stop enemies from moving into the regions we shared. At the same time, I used troops from my main account to defend his cities and I spent my crowns to assist with the growth of the co-opt account.

Over time, the enemy was able to overrun my co-opt in two regions and appeared ready to target it in a third. An ally of mine that knew it was a co-opt account took 3 of the co-opts cities in the third region without my or the co-opts blessings and effectively crippled the co-opt in that region. My main account is stronger, so I decided to take over the remaining 2 or 3 cities and begin re-establishing the co-opt account in a safer region. I prenobled locations, cleared occupied villages and turned over at least one account from my main to this very same co-opt. I have since set up 4-6 cities that my that my co-opt now holds in safer areas away from the frontlines.

Interestingly, my ally has now returned to the game as a full time player. So in your opinion, am I a cheater?

DeletedUser2207

Idk...but it would be nice if they worded the rules for this more clearly. As currently written, no one breaks the rule unless they build a co op and eat it. Normal tribe members will support one another, so you can't really break the rule by sending support from a co op village that would normally be sent by its original owner. Same with coordinated attacks. Of course, if this co oped person's villages are only supporting or coordinating with your main account, then it could be considered as breaking the rule...but if you're supporting and attacking with these villages for more than your own account, it can't possibly be considered "solely" as the co oped account is doing more than assisting you.
Yea, definitely a poorly written rule with a lot of room for misinterpretation. Should be much more clear on the do and do not for this feature...

Vivienne55

Axeman
Revedge, yes the above discussion is related to co-opts. The link you posted is buried in "Forums" "The Town Square" "To The Tavern: The Jester's Delight". Are we realistically expected to navigate through all of the combinations of links and find this discussion hidden in such an odd place?

DeletedUser920

Point in fact a simple search in the search window using "COOP" revealed all the information found in the link I provided you. The forum is quite robust with information, information that is searchable, all a player needs to do is use it. So my question still stands is your post a question about COOP's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vivienne55

Axeman
Please read the first sentence of my earlier response.

Also note, I have seen people refer to "COOP" as "COOP", "Co-opt", "Co-play" and several other spellings. If there were a consistent or standard manner that people used to reference the topic then I would agree a search function would be helpful to locate links. However the reality is there are several ways folks reference the topic and if you search on all of them you will be directed to an insanely large number of possible links to explore.

DeletedUser920

Thats fair, thus I asked and you got the information, complaining about getting the help provided through the question is non productive.

DeletedUser1179

The coop rule as well as the pushing rule will be looked into further and once received will be posted in the appropriate place. This thread is related to the coop thread so as such will be closed to any further responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.