• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Dying Game

DeletedUser2300

I like the recommendations.

I took a long break between leaving TW1 and coming to TW2. One of my biggest "complaints" is the lack of quantity on the worlds. So many K's are never populated. IMO, an entire world in TW2 isn't much larger than the "core" of TW1 worlds.

If you want to leave the max tribe size at 200, change the difficulty to attain the cap. Example: Using the current leveling format - go from 20 to 60 members in tier 1 (one point per 10), 60 to 100 in tier 2 (one point per 10) and 100 to 200 in tier 3 (1 point per 20). But, people obviously have no issue dropping cash to instantly make a level 40+ tribe, so crown leveling a tribe should cap somewhere. IMO, a good place to "stop" would be once Tier 2 is unlocked. The first point in Tier 1 would require people donating resources. Don't want to lose that extra crown money? Then institute diminishing returns on crown leveling. Some variation of this makes it much harder to attain a large tribe. It keeps all the "elite" from pooling in one tribe immediately which "should" make worlds last much longer.
With this model, (I would hope) the worlds would end up with much higher populations which would water down the overall quality of player, and the newer players have an actual rim to go to and learn/practice.

DeletedUser1487

Never thought I'd say it, but I agree with everything. But I'd put that tribe limit to 100; 60 seems a bit low.
Agreed, never thought I'd agree with him either, but I agree with this as well. These all seem like solid ways to make this game better.

DeletedUser825

If I may say a bit, I believe what coins are used for in general is killing the game. I want to use W20 as the example in my say. So we are already one almost one-two weeks in (lost count) or about 10 days and what's this, the top players have 4 villages. Now I know if you play your cards right you can get an academy pretty fast. But with the added coins you have an academy right out of BP. Isn't that extremely disheartening for new players? They start the game and are easily crushed by the people who have coined. Now before you start telling me, "But they are limited by resources." Are they? They just coin resource boosters and they farm a lot (not saying the farming is unfair) and they easily get their academy up or the village upgraded. Most new players are not coiners or if they do coin it's usually a little bit. These players get sad and disheartened when they see someone who started only a few days before them have three villages...... And now here comes the rise to the challenge part. Yes it may be a challenge to overcome but honestly, How many people have the time to face a coiner who usually has an army that will crush them? The answer is a few days at best..... And then you lose them. They are deterred by how coins are used. I understand the coins fund inno (no problems there) however they lose people who would play the game. P2p and P2W are becoming more common and it's slowly seeped into inno demographic, no longer is it the day of 5 dollar farming runs for a month (worded a little weird but you get the gist) like in tw but the coiner wars of tw2. Now you may be asking, "You go through all of this, now where's your solution?" Well that's the thing, I can't change a mind set, inno wants to generate a profit (no point in making an mmo without generating cash) but what I want to suggest is a more balanced approach, maybe instead of instantly completing a building it shortens a timer? Instead of instantly getting the troops off the press, again it shortens a timer? I don't know a solid solution. There's bound to be someone who sees all these points as useless drival but I just want everyone to ponder this.

Well that's the end of my typing (I tried to cover as many sides as possible), now get back to cracking skulls. :D

DeletedUser

I wouldnt say make it shorter, i would say make it easier, like keep the prosperity boosters and all that but the pop cap thing is a bit much imo. i like it and all but still.

the way i would go about it is make Time the one thing you cant buy. let them buy resources and buy building slots but being able to coin an army is not good, along with making a villa much quicker, resource dependent but its easy to get resources.

i would say also make it easier to farm for those that want to coin for it, like the original make it to where you can click one button and it sends out farming attacks and things like that. or make it to where for 100 coins you get like 20 villa building slots or something along those lines

DeletedUser2300

I don't have an issue with insta-building because quite simply "points don't win wars". IMO, where it gets unfair to those who can't/won't sink a lot of $$$ into their account (old and new) is a coiner's ability to "instantly" buy an army for cash. The free daily offers is one thing... but with sufficient resources, you can queue and insta-complete a large army with cash. If the only coin-able troops were the three options at the top, that could prove to be enough balance. Coiners should have an advantage - they're paying for it afterall... But, there really should be a limit to coining troops - outside of "I'm farming as fast as I can and my resource buildings are already maxed out".

Yes, these players are where you make the most of your income, but what happens when they are the ONLY players that are left? They get bored and quit.

Love the game! Keep making your $$$! Just needs a bit of balancing done.

DeletedUser1179

I understand all the points that many of you have been bringing up and I won't say that some of the points aren't valid ones. The problem is that there are certain things that we just can't do. For one, the tribe limit. There is no way for us to reduce the tribe limits without changing other aspects of the game which we can't do without basically having to rewrite a huge chunk of the game. As far as crowning goes and changing the way a player crowns, there are two things there that will cause problems, A) we can't really tell players how to spend their purchases and B) changing things would also require rewriting parts of the game which we can't do.

DeletedUser

So instead of spending a few days rewriting and revamping the game, the devs would rather let it die. Understood.

DeletedUser

That isn't what I am saying, we aren't talking a few days either.
It's simple code Kiki. All they have to do is edit a number in thier code to lower tribe member players and fix a few graphics. It wont take more than a few hours...

DeletedUser1255

It's simple code Kiki. All they have to do is edit a number in their code to lower tribe member players and fix a few graphics. It wont take more than a few hours...

Coldog.... there is more to it than that and believe me it is not that the players are not being heard.

DeletedUser1179

As Dechantal has stated, there really is more to it than that and we have forwarded this concern and it's not just the US Server that would like to see tribe limits drop. We are currently trying to find a way to make it where maybe we can do something.

DeletedUser825

I am no coder, heck half us probably aren't, but would it be possible to disable the ability to put points into membership after a certain point? That's more a question to the developers than the mods.

DeletedUser

It would benifit the community more if we had a developer here to answer questions for us.

DeletedUser1179

I am no coder, heck half us probably aren't, but would it be possible to disable the ability to put points into membership after a certain point? That's more a question to the developers than the mods.
I can most certainly ask.

DeletedUser2300

And here's a not-OVERLY-hideous idea that might not prove too difficult to implement: Create a world that doesn't allow crowns.
Obviously not a long term solution (gotta pay the ninja coder monkeys), but it harshly solves most of the gripes that come up... and it would level the playing field in a lot of ways between the wily veterans and the new players.
See what type of response it receives (throw up a vote to see if community is even interested if the idea is reasonably feasible) or force first timers to play there...

Another potential solution is to make more of the "perks" provided with crowns available as rewards from the resource deposit. Some are impossible/impractical, but adding resource bonus resource% rewards/faster recruiting/etc reward tokens (which you can buy) to the pool of reward-able items shouldn't be difficult to code into the game.

Bottom line: new people (who don't know if they like the game enough to spend money on it) won't stick around the game if they're getting kicked in the teeth on day 6 on these small worlds where they're stacked next to veterans with their crowns. The tutorial helps for sure, but following it "to the letter" like a new player would will not lead to long term success - especially against a vet with crowns.

We all want to see this game succeed long-term... which will require new people to join and stick around.

DeletedUser

I agree on that Akilli, maybe every 3or 5 worlds could be crown free to help attract more new players to the game. Though I doubt it will work, as corporate greed will say otherwise.

DeletedUser2300

Or expand the tutorial where new players can learn a bit more about the nuances. Make them farm X amount in Y amount of time. Show/perform simulated attacks/defense so they can see what and why things do or do not work - these values don't have to be random as its purely for show-and-tell. Make them conquer a defended village that they have to spy prior to attacking. Put time constraints on "quests". Go crazy and make a tutorial zone that's pass/fail in order to move onto a real world where life's far less forgiving.

It would also cut down on the number of multi-account players ;)

Bottom line:
- Something needs to occur to keep new players. 50 crowns and a brief how-to guide won't and isn't cutting it on these low pop worlds.
- Something somewhere/somehow needs to work towards more of a balance for the skew between crowners/non-crowners. Crowns should give you a leg up... not a gun to bring to a knife fight.

DeletedUser2309

And here's a not-OVERLY-hideous idea that might not prove too difficult to implement: Create a world that doesn't allow crowns.
Obviously not a long term solution (gotta pay the ninja coder monkeys), but it harshly solves most of the gripes that come up... and it would level the playing field in a lot of ways between the wily veterans and the new players.
See what type of response it receives (throw up a vote to see if community is even interested if the idea is reasonably feasible) or force first timers to play there...

Another potential solution is to make more of the "perks" provided with crowns available as rewards from the resource deposit. Some are impossible/impractical, but adding resource bonus resource% rewards/faster recruiting/etc reward tokens (which you can buy) to the pool of reward-able items shouldn't be difficult to code into the game.

Bottom line: new people (who don't know if they like the game enough to spend money on it) won't stick around the game if they're getting kicked in the teeth on day 6 on these small worlds where they're stacked next to veterans with their crowns. The tutorial helps for sure, but following it "to the letter" like a new player would will not lead to long term success - especially against a vet with crowns.

We all want to see this game succeed long-term... which will require new people to join and stick around.

I love your idea but what would make it better in my opinion would be to have the us server have 2 different sets of worlds. ppl who like to pay to play and the ones that just like to play. that way they still get there money and we can still enjoy our game on the non coin section. or at least only having rss boots an option to buy on the non coin section.