• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Dying Game

DeletedUser1573

they cant really run that though, otherwise 90% of the people would go non money, 1 or 2 worlds they could probably get away with, but if they tried running as many as they have regular they would just lose out on alot of cash
"respone to kjune"

DeletedUser825

The server cost rises a lot if no one pays into the game. It would cause them to close the game. A restriction on what crowns can do would be better than creating a crown world and a non crown world. Most people would play without crowns.

DeletedUser2207

What about a training world that doesn't close...where new players can join, learn the basics for 2-3 weeks and then move on? Like an extended tutorial...but with real game vets willing to teach. Idk...my brain isn't putting the words out the way I'd like again tonight

DeletedUser2309

Well there has to be a solution bc a lot of ppl, myself included. are just get tired of trying to play and have fun just to be outrun by coiners. I know ppl who have stopped playing bc the coining has gone way out of hand.

cokky

Berserker
The first step is to get better i used to play with no coins. the only part that coins is critical is very early on then being on long hours pays more dividends then the coins do. you also have to be talented enough do do the max damage with no coins by preparing your towns and tribe to do so. Education is the key to that. I suggest a how to section. I would be glad to give pointers that epic non coin players*(yes there has been some) have given me that when combined with actually coining make you a TW2 give you a shot at top 10. But even the non coiners get in the top 20 and i even made top when worlds lasted long enough for you to out run that early lead. Trust me i dont buy a single coin once i have 50 towns as it is just pointless. But the real hard part is the first 2 weeks with no coins after that you have a fair shot of being on a decent footing. THE SINGLE BIGGEST THING INNO COULD DO TO EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD WOULD REQUIRE VERY LITTLE CODING CHANGE. BY INCREASING THE GROWTH RATE OF BARBS AT THE START THE ACTIVE PLAYERS WOULD HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE NOT THE COINERS. COINERS COULD COIN ONLY THE DAILY TROOPS WHILE ACTIVE COULD MAKE THERE BARRACKS RUN 24/7 AND EASILY KEEP UP as well as . As worlds mature this is where the even parts start to take place. Sure it is helpful to coin late in games but it gives a 10-20% edge rather then almost 100% like day one.

DeletedUser1574

what cokky just said is 100% true......i do coin in early stages of a new world but the last world we just finished up i spent maybe $20 bucks in the last 4 months of it mostly just for boosted troop production......if u dedicate time and energy into the game all coins do is make small tasks easier like instant build a church, but why not just carry a chapel in your pocket....level 20 walls instant build? why not just send an extra 20k defense because u have so many vills u can afford to....so many ways a good vet can win without coins.....

DeletedUser2309

It's early game where it makes it hard in the long run. Biz already has 5 villages where most are still working on getting an academy. Deffinitly ways to win yes. Money can't buy skill. I have outlasted a member with way more villages than me by snipping nobles but it keeps you on the defensive. It yes cokky please give us these tips. Were all dying to know....well I am at least. :)

DeletedUser1989

What about a training world that doesn't close...where new players can join, learn the basics for 2-3 weeks and then move on? Like an extended tutorial...but with real game vets willing to teach. Idk...my brain isn't putting the words out the way I'd like again tonight
I love this idea!

DeletedUser1179

I think that we can all agree on the point that we want the game to last long term and I am liking a lot of the suggestions I am seeing. Implementing a how to section I think is a good idea providing that we can find players willing to teach others. I can honestly say that as a player I wouldn't know half of what I know without the teachers I had when I first started and I won't mention names...lol I will be passing a bunch of your suggestions on. :)

DeletedUser

That's kinda what sandbox is for.

cokky

Berserker
Ok well before i go into a lot of details on the exact how to Wiki. people have to be honest with them selves. am i a coiner who could be better or a non coiner who could do better.
Phase one tips: If you are coiner you can do it far more efficiently then 99% of them out there by learning some patience i know some that hit the auto build when they do not have the resources even for the next obvious build That time is there for a reason both to get you the time to build up resources and or farm them. The biggest bang for your auto build buck is things like academy(the first one) an 8 hour head start on nobles can be huge. and RP as the level 3 4 5 give the biggest single boost to your econ if you are farming regularly. Just make sure you use your off time wisely placing things in the que that will take your whole away time up while quick builds while you are there. If you are a crazy farmer and always have 50 farm raids going while you are on you can get by with less resource builds right away and more barracks/farm HQ builds to get to academy before your competition. Those of you who just build up your resources right away have a high vulnerability right at protection drop as you will have big resource production but be behind on academy and troops for that moment(if you can get a few days unmolested you can come out of this time ahead of schedule but this is your moment of weakness).

Non Coiners: The big thing is to get to the end of the first week with at least a 16-17 hq and a decent army. YOU MUST FARM A LOT!!. Also you must complete all 3 resource quests every day and get every quest done you can this is so you will have a shot of 80% of the army of your coining buddy next door. You will get a lot of free troops but you must actually make a decent army as well. You will get 4 free packs of troops from quests make sure you use these on legendary when/if those become available. There is a bit more luck in the non coin side early on but there is another method too which can work out on a brand new server. If you have a whole tribe of players have them start complete at least half a week of the quests and save all packs and resource rewards etc then restart in the same area and play great team ball and you have a very good shot of surviving the first month. Then phase 2 will be about to start and you can have a more even footing on the stage.

DeletedUser2316

I agree with a lot of what is said here, especially on the coinage front. I am only on my second server, and on one other just to talk to a few people I like. I was lucky enough on my first server to be taught by a great player, and get stuck with a fantastic small group. I have tried to pass that information along, but for certain things, it is terribly difficult, especially with all of the differences between the PC and mobile modes. Some sort of unity needs to be addressed there.

As for coins, I think they are great, a profitable game typically leads to better upgrades, and hopefully better games where the issues are addressed quickly. That being said, I believe this particular game has taken micro-transactions a level too far. As has previously been mentioned, if somebody can literally buy an army, that is too much. On the first server I played, there was a player who admittedly spent approximately 5k. That is absolutely absurd. I could stop 4 or 5 nukes, and they would be rebuilt in hours, and coming at me again. Eventually the server turned, and he left, but that is just too far, especially early game, as has been noted. Later game, I say have at it.

I would also like to point out, and I know that this will be controversial, but there is an appearance that people who are heavy coiners are treated differently than those who aren't cash cows for the game. Especially in the area of bans for breaking, or pushing the line on the rules. This is unacceptable, I know players who have received bans for exactly the same things heavy coiners have done, without the same effect. I know that nobody wants to anger their cash cows, but that simply isn't right. Some of these instances are few and far between, but some are not.

Rules are rules, end of story.

cokky

Berserker
Plenty of cash cows have been banned i know of 5 that spent in the thousands that have been banned.

DeletedUser2316

Thus "appearance," and I also know of plenty of people who have not received the same treatment for doing identical things. Examples do not prove a rule. There is a lot of leeway in the rules they have set.

DeletedUser1348

I've never spent a dime on this game. And I've finished numerous worlds in top 50, and that was back when worlds were much larger like D and K worlds. And topped out at tenth in world Q. It is more time orientated then anything. If you have the time to farm then you can almost keep up with coiners. I am not a huge fan of all the coiners, this game should be more fair to non-coiners, but I understand why coiners are needed.

But back to the original idea/suggestion. Very great!!!! Can't argue with any of it really. And i think we all agree something needs to be done sooner then later or this slowly dying game will be dead. And i dont think any of us want that. Things need to be fixed soon.

DeletedUser1993

Coldog.... there is more to it than that and believe me it is not that the players are not being heard.

How is limiting the number of users in a tribe going to be that complicated? Is the backend of TW2 even more messy than we all assume it is? Starting new worlds with lower limits shouldn't be that hard. I work closely with developers since I'm in the tech industry and I know changing something as simple as a limit shouldn't be overly complicated or shouldn't require a HUGE overhaul unless all your devs are incompetent and your code is a mess.

As far as I know nothing in the game is highly reliant on that number. Tribe levels can still go on even if the # of members is below 200. The conditions for winning also works even if tribes aren't maxed out at 200. So can someone in your dev please justify and enlighten us how that would be complicated? Sure, the change will have to be global and not just happen in the US worlds, but again, if their coding isn't a complete mess, that shouldn't be a major change

DeletedUser465

On that note, I think lowering member limit to 5 points, and lowering hospital beds to 5 points and keeping its +200 per level, could help the member limit, and make hospital beds more competitive of a choice

DeletedUser

I've never been in a tribe who has used Hospital beds. We're mainly bashing everything to the ground and hardly have a need for hospitals. Hell, I hardly ever even look in my hospitals.

DeletedUser465

Yes, I'm just saying +200 vs +100 makes it a least more viable. When you hit tribe level 49 or 50, what else is there to take lol

cokky

Berserker
So i did some leg work seems that my first world in TW2 was E world here on us servers. It was also the largest world in the game on any server either here or elsewhere with about 89k players. Yes I did win this world as the leader of the winning tribe. ever sense then it has been a steady down turn not just here but abroad as well. i am sure some of the changes have are partially to blame but so is just the game getting stale and a lot of other more exciting games coming out i dont want to mention them but there is either a smoking hot chick in the commercial or a terminator. Both are wildly popular Pay to win sort of games same issues as this and will also die the same way. for the most part this game has stood the test of time and can for a bit longer but will need to combine servers probably to do so. no more english/american divide at least combine those into one. maybe alternate between GMT game time and EST game time back and forth between world releases but by combining them we might see 20k again otherwise this pathetic 10k or even less will kill the game pretty fast.