• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Master of Loots

DeletedUser2158

Hello,

I don't know what was the purpose of this officer when it first came out, but it seems obvious to me that its main purpose now is to give coiners free lv 30 resources villages without having to waste any units. It gives an unfair advantage to some players in the early game where resources are suppose to be rare. For a strategy game, this feature gives no counter play to players that want to prevent someone from getting his third village. For balance sake, I suggest :
- Remove this officer from the game
- Make this item not purchasable but increase the amount in the Resource deposit
- Put a cap of how much MOT you can use on a barb per day, so players can cat it down.

TL.DR : From the viewpoint of a player that doesn't coin a lot ( about 10$ per world) and played the early game in 3 different worlds, Master of Loot is broken and need some serious tuning.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It was already nerfed to hell... It use to be a 20% chance. Do you realize the cost of a "lv 30 resource village?" It's around $80 USD...

DeletedUser1989

Hello,

I don't know what was the purpose of this officer when it first came out, but it seems obvious to me that its main purpose now is to give coiners free lv 30 resources villages without having to waste any units. It gives an unfair advantage to some players in the early game where resources are suppose to be rare. For a strategy game, this feature gives no counter play to players that want to prevent someone from getting his third village. For balance sake, I suggest :
- Remove this officer from the game
- Make this item not purchasable but increase the amount in the Resource deposit
- Put a cap of how much MOT you can use on a barb per day, so players can cat it down.

TL.DR : From the viewpoint of a player that doesn't coin a lot ( about 10$ per world) and played the early game in 3 different worlds, Master of Loot is broken and need some serious tuning.

Master of Loot helps your troops bring back more resources when you farm. Occasionally (or should I say rarely?) it will upgrade a resource building in Barbarian village. It's a crap shoot on when and where it will happen, so to say that it gives coiners free level 30 resource villages is bunk. I don't see any unfair advantages here - unless you don't use your MoLs. Then that's on you, not the devs. If you want to prevent someone from getting their third village, how about you use that player as a farm as soon as they get out of BP like other players do?

DeletedUser2158

It was already nerfed to hell... It use to be a 20% chance. Do you realize the cost of a "lv 30 resource village?" It's around $80 USD...
It only costs 80$ USD if you use it on a 51 points village because you need 900 MOT ( 90 levels* 10 MOT per level) which cost 6750 coins. 6750 coins is around 80$ USD like you said. Once you have an academy, barbs resources level should be around 8-14, more if a player restarted. Obviously, the higher the resource levels are, the less it costs money. 50$ is still a lot of money for a village, but my guess is that it costs less than getting all your resource buildings to lv 30 in your own village.

Master of Loot helps your troops bring back more resources when you farm. Occasionally (or should I say rarely?) it will upgrade a resource building in Barbarian village. It's a crap shoot on when and where it will happen, so to say that it gives coiners free level 30 resource villages is bunk. I don't see any unfair advantages here - unless you don't use your MoLs. Then that's on you, not the devs. If you want to prevent someone from getting their third village, how about you use that player as a farm as soon as they get out of BP like other players do?

Of course it's random when the resource building upgrades, you have a 10% chance that upgrade it. It might take 90 MOTs if you are extremely lucky and it might take 2000 MOTs if you are unlucky, but usually it should hover around 800 - 1000 MOTs for a lv 51 village. That's the definition of chance.

By ''free villages'' I don't mean it cost nothing, because obviously it cost real money. I mean there's is no in game cost for getting high lv resources building. It costs no resources, its cost no units and it costs no waiting time. The only drawback I can think of is you cant farm in the meantime because the 50 actions are already used and let's be honest that's nothing. Coins should only be use to reduce the waiting time with exceptions like gwendoline game, other officers and resource deposit.

The only complain that I have is the lack of drawback for getting a MOTed barb village. If a player wants to upgrade a resource building, so that his resource income increases, they have to use resources but no units. If a player wants to use his resources to train some units so they can attack others, they wont have the resources to upgrade a high level building early on. That's the basics of each strategy in the early portion of the game. Each strategy ALWAYS has a Pro and a Con whether you go full offensive, full defensive, rush an academy, half offensive half defensive etc... Then comes the MOT's village where you don't have to sacrifice anything to get a really good village. You might not get the village, aka Bizmoney, but that's extremely rare. You shouldn't be rewarded for taking a barbarian village. Barb villages are suppose to be worst than a player's village. That's their drawback.

I don't know if you ever played when a world just begins, but you cant compete with someone that get 9k rez/ per hour + his farming per village. You'll get rim 99% of the time if you don't do it yourself.

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but MOTs for non coiners are absolutely useless from my experience. You get 30 rez each runs so why use it to get more per run? As for the reduce time, you have so few MOTs that you will run out of them in 1 hour. The best way to use them is when attacking someone or waiting for the barbs to get high enough in points and by that time, farming should be good enough that it makes no difference whatsoever. Bottom line, MOTs are bad for non coiners and too good for coiners (early in the game). For a farming barbs officer, they are really not on par with other officers.

"If you want to prevent someone from getting their third village, how about you use that player as a farm as soon as they get out of BP like other players do?"

I've yet to see a coiner not active and not in a tribe when BP drops. It's not fair to say "just farm him", when its almost impossible. You can't say something is balance because it didn't work once in a blue moon.

I'm just trying to bring to light what I feel is an issue to the devs. If they feel like what is happening in the early game is OK to them, they should disregard my post.

DeletedUser1989

Are you not in a tribe as well by the time your BP runs out? If not, you should be.
I have played when a world just opens and it is harder when there are players coining to the point it makes the game not so fun, but I've stuck it out. Been rimmed a few times, too, but that's just part of the game. I get up, dust myself off, and get right back on the horse. The bruises give me bragging rights. :D

DeletedUser2158

I never joined a premade tribe (from other worlds) when a world begins, perhaps this is my mistake. I tried going full defense, full offense or half and half and the end result is the same: I lose everything plus my tribe support. Even if the attacker lose everything too, they get their troops wayyy quicker than mine because of coins and rez income. Yep that's my experience... lol