• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Release 1.85

• Thread starter DeletedUser1179
  • Start date

DeletedUser2460

Yo devs I have a great idea. I doubt everyone will like it but I think its a better way to do this victory point thing. So to rename a province you have to own more than 50% of a province and then you get a crown next to your name in the province ranking. Since the only thing you get from owning a province is the ability to rename it then lets go a little farther with that. When somebody becomes the king of a province then that adds one victory point to their tribe and that is the only way to get victory points. So there would be the opportunity for 1 VP per province. It makes since because if a tribe has the most amount of kings of a province then they technically are the rulers of the land...

DeletedUser

That works a lot better... It'll force people to fight for every province.

DeletedUser2459

So i just checked out EN forums and tried to login/register and they have made it so "new" players cant join. Hilarious as there has been a positive post or too with no explanation as to why this is good. I really would like to hear some sort of argument for this change. Anyone? Please what am I missing

DeletedUser1179

You need to have an account on the game in order to register on the forum.

DeletedUser2459

I do played an EN world at one time. Literally said we are not accepting new users at this time.

DeletedUser2459

Kik can you maybe give some pros to this new system? I am rather sad us25 seems to be my last world. Still literally baffled

DeletedUser2462

Sorry, i dont belong to this server. I was just going trough every tw2 servers who had announced the Endgame to see what the responce is and read Sudedors post.
Sudedor, the guy you are talking about on EN server is not always serious. He can be sarcastic. For example he once made a big fuzz about how great Trump is, while he actually hate Trump.

In case anyone wonders what is said on other servers :
- Brazil just recently announced it. One responded and didnt like it. He is concerned about the barbs and no need to actually have any enemies. He also dont like to navigate across entire world to find his villages.
- Denmark also just announced it a few hours ago. The only feedback so far was that this must have been an impulse idea who's not given any real toughts about. He is affraid the new rules will be impossible to implement on such a small server.
- Netherland is outraged. Some say this is an insult to the players and the devs are spitting at the players face. Others are more civilized and gives the same arguments as on US for why its a bad idea. The mods seems to agree with the players.
- France have not announced it, but rumours are out. Some are happy for chance. Others think the rumour is not true. One mod said nothing is ready to be announced, but soon.

DeletedUser1376

I wouldn't abandon my tribe on 25 but I actually am now just going through the motions . this has demoralized my interest in the game .

DeletedUser270

Victory points is by far the worst thing anyone has come up with to date. I really hope you rethink it. Goal now is to get 55 players and have each player take one village in every province your tribe owns. Every village has a church, every province has 50+ players in it. No need for any other strategy. I think you have officially ended TW2 with this one.

DeletedUser2316

I won't reiterate all the points that have been already mentioned, and beat a dead horse. As I said to some tribe members in game, this update does one thing.

Destroys the warfighters in this game, it takes the real engine (people) that make this game work, and cuts out their jugular. Maybe we can all get participation trophies too.

DeletedUser1211

I agree with most of what everyone else has been saying, but I also wanted to add this:

"At one point, the Game Team will announce the amount of points that a tribe needs to reach to conquer the world."

This leaves it wide open for the mods to manipulate who will win the game. Let's say we are a little ways into the game and Tribe A has gotten control of the core. They are at 300 points. The mods then set the win at 500. Tribe B starts up on the rim and is growing quickly. They are up to 300 points by the time Tribe A hits 500. At this point, they are growing more quickly than A and it is clear that they would have overtaken them if the goal had been set higher.

If the goal is to reach a certain number of victory points, that number MUST be set from the beginning so everyone knows what the target is.

That said, I'm pretty sure that the worlds I am in right now are my last.

DeletedUser1730

Perhaps rather than removing victory points, you just edit it a little more.

Yo devs I have a great idea. I doubt everyone will like it but I think its a better way to do this victory point thing. So to rename a province you have to own more than 50% of a province and then you get a crown next to your name in the province ranking. Since the only thing you get from owning a province is the ability to rename it then lets go a little farther with that. When somebody becomes the king of a province then that adds one victory point to their tribe and that is the only way to get victory points. So there would be the opportunity for 1 VP per province. It makes since because if a tribe has the most amount of kings of a province then they technically are the rulers of the land...

Stemming off this idea a bit. Each province is worth 1 point. In order to capture the province, you must own 51% of the total points in the province. For example, if there is 10 villages and the total points in that province is 30k ( assume all villages are 3k), then you would need 15,300 points(6 villages) in that province to "capture" it. This way it encourages players to level their villages and not just eat every barb in the province.
If there is 1 active player in that province and the rest are inactives, then they really only need 3-4 fully developed villages.

In less active worlds, it would only require you to capture a small amount of villages in each province. In worlds with more fighting, it could mean the difference between 10 points and really emphasis invading and fighting for a province.

Obviously this needs to be revamped a little because it could also encourage turtle tribes to just noble the whole province. Perhaps making 70% of all owned provinces the goal, which is more than enough and would discourage eating a whole province just to hold 1.

DeletedUser1179

This leaves it wide open for the mods to manipulate who will win the game. Let's say we are a little ways into the game and Tribe A has gotten control of the core. They are at 300 points. The mods then set the win at 500. Tribe B starts up on the rim and is growing quickly. They are up to 300 points by the time Tribe A hits 500. At this point, they are growing more quickly than A and it is clear that they would have overtaken them if the goal had been set higher.

There is no way for any member of the support team to "manipulate" who does or doesn't win the game. The total number of points a tribe must win in order to win the world is not determined by the support staff but by the developers. Seeing that it is a new feature, the total number of points needed to win is being closely looked at by developers.

DeletedUser

So they release a future that isn't fully "developed" due to them not having a clear end game number....

DeletedUser1628

If Inno insists to include Victory Points, it should only do so on every other (or every 3) servers. Clearly the majority of players are infuriated with this terribly designed system, so if you want to keep evolving the VP system without losing customers, make W27 a normal/NO VP server, and then Inno can go on to their next iteration of the ridiculous Victory Points system on W28 or W29. This is how TW1 deals with certain features on different servers, and there's no reason TW2 can't do the same.

Clearly this was someone's pet project, but if players aren't able to play something that's actually fun, they're going to quit. If there isn't a normal server when the analytics come in, whichever designer's pet project this was is likely to lose their job.

DeletedUser1211

Every time we ask for a change, we are told, "we can't do that" or "it would be too hard."

Last edited by a moderator: