• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Retaining new players

DeletedUser

I have four doable suggestions.

1 Players who are new and dont happen to join at the server start are pretty much screwed. A
Give players 50 additional crowns for each week they begin after world start.
2 Each week add an empty layer of provinces with only barbs surround the entire playable map. This will give people much needed time. As an alternative perhaps have players start in a whole new block that will eventually merge with the original block as more players join.
3 Have provinces fill up in order. This might be bad for multis but will end people starting in a province with a 2k player.
4 Limit tribes to 50 players. This would limit players getting wiped out by a huge tribe only to be placed on their borders again, which is enough to make any new person quit.

I also have two suggestions that may not be doable.
1 Give new provinces protection from being invaded for two weeks.
2 Have a tribe in each server that is for teaching. Being in this tribe would grant members protection until they hit 2k points when they would be automatically booted. It would need either a player or mod to be the leader to teach players what to do. Perhaps a crown incentive could be offered to entice a player to run it.

DeletedUser2483

Like everything but tribe numbers. U put alot of time in this

DeletedUser1179

I have four doable suggestions.

1 Players who are new and dont happen to join at the server start are pretty much screwed. A
Give players 50 additional crowns for each week they begin after world start.
2 Each week add an empty layer of provinces with only barbs surround the entire playable map. This will give people much needed time. As an alternative perhaps have players start in a whole new block that will eventually merge with the original block as more players join.
3 Have provinces fill up in order. This might be bad for multis but will end people starting in a province with a 2k player.
4 Limit tribes to 50 players. This would limit players getting wiped out by a huge tribe only to be placed on their borders again, which is enough to make any new person quit.

To address a few things in your post as to why it cant happen. #2 Barbs are controlled by the number of players on the world. Less players=Less Barbs. Provinces and where players are placed are also done by the system automatically, we can't manually place a player in a certain area. #3 Same issue there, we don't have control over where players end up, players are placed by the system, however a new player is under protection so they have the chance to grow before a 2K player can hit them. #4 Can't be done because it would require changing coding to the tribe skills which we can't do because it could crash the entire game. I know that this is something that many players don't like to hear and trust me when I say it can be just as frustrating on our end as well but we are trying to improve different aspects of the game.

DeletedUser1024

To address a few things in your post as to why it cant happen. #2 Barbs are controlled by the number of players on the world. Less players=Less Barbs. Provinces and where players are placed are also done by the system automatically, we can't manually place a player in a certain area. #3 Same issue there, we don't have control over where players end up, players are placed by the system, however a new player is under protection so they have the chance to grow before a 2K player can hit them. #4 Can't be done because it would require changing coding to the tribe skills which we can't do because it could crash the entire game. I know that this is something that many players don't like to hear and trust me when I say it can be just as frustrating on our end as well but we are trying to improve different aspects of the game.
How did they update to the use of skill points and all? I don't remember the game crashing when they put that little update in. Also, why is it always a coding problem? do the game programmers not know how to program?

DeletedUser1179

How did they update to the use of skill points and all? I don't remember the game crashing when they put that little update in. Also, why is it always a coding problem? do the game programmers not know how to program?

The problem is that the way the coding was done, it doesn't allow developers to make major changes to the game. Small changes can be added to the game but anything drastic such as messing around with the number of players in a tribe would require changed in the skill points coding and that can't be done.

DeletedUser

I'm a new player, for about two weeks now. My tribe has 80!!! threads. It's impossible for me to follow them. What I need is basic advice and it's hard as hell to find. The Wiki helped. What seems to be missing IMO is a thread on this forum for new players that covers the basics and is open to new players to ask questions to the veterans. If I hadn't spent money, I would have quit by now.