• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Hate the point difference!!!!!!

KingEvo

Archer
ok I have just started playing this game but I have played others like it. I am a extremely active player and love to get and take lots of cities. The only part of the game that I do not like is the fact that if I attack a player with 2k points who isn't really that active with my 5k point city I get a 27 percent attack strength. Why should I get penalized for being more active than a guy that barely checks in. That is the only negative I have found about the game. Even with a church in the province I still get penalized. I don't like it!!!!!!

DeletedUser61

So in theory a 100k player should be able to attack a 1000 point player and have the same morale? Do you really think that would be fair?

DeletedUser449

There should be penalties for players who are rarely active. You should reward your active players, or they will lose interest.

KingEvo

Archer
Why is it that I get penalized for being a super active player. Hell yeah I think if I was a 100k player attacking a 1k player I should be able to attack at the same morale. I have played many other games like tribal wars and I like tribal wars because of the slower speed and massive wars. But the only thing I don't agree with is being penalized for attacking a smaller player. It's a war game. The most active shouldn't be penalized.

DeletedUser

I agree the ppoint difference sometimes can be annoying... but yea 100 cities vs... 1? You should be able to EASILY crush a barely playing guy at 27 morale, or get some friends who can

KingEvo

Archer
He's the one that threw the 100k vs 1k. I'm not a 100k player. I have a 5k point city at the moment and when I'm attacking 2k players with a level 20 wall I'm getting penalized at 27 percent which is stupid. If I was a huge player I wouldn't care but I'm not this is the beginning of the world and war and to get penalized so early for being the most active in my area really sucks.

DeletedUser465

From what i've seen, as the world grows, you have some provinces on the rim that are around 4-5k towns, and when the new province next to it begins to blossom those new towns would easily get crushed, so it MAY be there to help with that as well. Just my guess. I know the wiki describes morale in a certain way however. Lemme find it...

Morale
Morale is a protection for new players. It is calculated by the points of the attacker and the defender. A player usually attacks with 100% morale, but if you attack a player who is much smaller than you are, you will be penalized. For example, when your opponent's morale is 45%, your troops will only attack at 45% of their usual attack strength. If a smaller player attacks a much bigger player, there is no bonus on the attack. The maximum morale is 100%.

Time can also be a factor in morale calculation, in that it uses the time since the player joined the world. If a small player has been playing on a world for a long time but still has a small amount of points, morale will continuously rise until it reaches 50%.

Best I can say is, it's meant to help newer players survive 10 nukes from a larger player xD

Last edited by a moderator:

KingEvo

Archer
The player in my next province above me has been there the same amount of time I have. I'm still only able to send an attack at him at 27 percent which sucks. I already consumed all my players in my province and want to move to others. I even built a church in the other province from another guy I took out and it still says 27 percent attack strength in like wtf man.

DeletedUser

There are penalties going both ways. For instance, if you are attacking an inactive player, then he should easily become a farm. Even if he logs in once a day or every other day, you should have the advantage and turn him into a nice farm regardless of any morale penalties. Another option is to noble his village. By the sounds of it you should have some nobles already. Especially if you are farming repeatedly.

Anyway the rim is a constantly growing place. You were a rim member once, as was the other guy. Would it have been fair in your opinion if people started attacking you at 100% morale who are 3 times your size right out of BP?

Basically everybody has a chance to grow. Morale helps that out. Inactive players are farms/resource nodes. Active players are the 100% morale targets.

Also, are you in the same province with said individual? Or are you in different provinces? Because going by what you said earlier:

The player in my next province above me has been there the same amount of time I have. I'm still only able to send an attack at him at 27 percent which sucks. I already consumed all my players in my province and want to move to others. I even built a church in the other province from another guy I took out and it still says 27 percent attack strength in like wtf man.

*Edit*
Just read that you do have a church there. Same province as the individual I'm assuming? As you grow one thing that is noticeable is that morale will not drop beyond a certain amount. But regardless, being bigger should almost always have some sort of drawbacks against attacking smaller players.

KingEvo

Archer
Yeah I just don't agree with the way it work especially with the slow walk speeds. I'm no where near the rim so I'm sure those guys are also growing and I'm sure it's not easy to take them out if your active.

DeletedUser

the morale penalty is definitely too steep, and needs to be based on days since joining rather than points

KingEvo

Archer
I'm ok with attacking at 50 percent until I build a church in that province but I'm not ok with fighting a 2k point player with my 5k city and I get penalized 27 percent. Not cool man.

The amount of time it takes to make a church in another province is also a good amount so don't see why I get penalized on top of having a church in the province. I would be ok with 50 percent no church and 100 percent with church. Not all this other crazy mumbo jumbo because I'm more active.

I currently lead world 2 in villages and have to say I agree with the morale in the game. It prevents bullying as I've seen on many other games and at times forces me to reevaluate if a village is actually worth me risking 2 villages worth of troops to take. This is also a team based game, which means you can get smaller tribe mates to help clear those villages you have bad morale scores against. :)

KingEvo

Archer
Early stage where I only have 6 cities to take a 2.8k city with 2k spears 2k swords and 2k archers and 27 percent attack strength is ridiculous.

That doesn't seem right. Even my morale doesn't take a hit that bad. Do you even have a church in the province you are attacking in? If not, then that is why your attack strength is so bad.
I was just checking on a village before the server crashed and the player was inactive with only 2 villages and I sit now with over 260 villages and my attack strength was still 44 % against him. That is only because we are both in the same province and we both have a church. If I was to be attacking him in another province that I didn't have a church built in, then yeah my attack strength would be next to nothing. Unless of course I used my paladin from a village with a level 5 statue which gives you the equivalence of having a church.
The church can be a huge factor in attacking and /or defending.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Anubis, it's because he's got 6 villages and he's attacking a 2k player. He is essentially complaining that he can't bully a smaller player without losing lots of troops.

KingEvo

Archer
Yes dude I have a church and I think it bumped my attack strength to 44 percent which still sucks. What's the point of building the church if I can't attack a dam 2.8k city with my cities lol.

DeletedUser

Yes dude I have a church and I think it bumped my attack strength to 44 percent which still sucks. What's the point of building the church if I can't attack a dam 2.8k city with my cities lol.
Attack with the pally+level 5 statue.
No but seriously, it will be solved if you just noble the village. I'm sure if you don't, somebody else is going to.