• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Espionage

DeletedUser

The fact that I can lose defending Spies is infuriating. I have a hospital for gods sake. At the rate things are going, I'm going to end up spending more on spies than nobles in this world. It's so easy for multiple enemies to crap on your spies. At least make it so defending spies do not die.

DeletedUser

I concur. I see no reason why defending spies should have any threat of death. It would still seem balanced, as most players don't attack/noble train a village before spying, so there would still be plenty dead spies lying around...

DeletedUser

Spies are a big change from TW1, so it's definitely by design. I don't know what the motivation was, but spies are a little cooler than scouts I guess.

In TW1, it was possible to support villages at the edge of battle with ridiculous amounts of scouts from "safe" villages so the front line couldn't be scouted. Now each village is responsible for defending itself from spying, but it's limited to 5 spies. As a result, no village can resist quick consecutive spy attempts.

My guess is that it will lead to: more successful spying -> more successful attacks on the front line -> faster wars -> more troops/spies killed ->
more Crowns spent to recover ASAP.

Wait what? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I kinda disagree, spies try to infiltrate your village, your spies try to take them out, but there's a chance they take yours out instead, makes perfect sense.

I would like spies to earn experience like they do in Civ5, or maybe give them equipable spy gimmicks similar to paladin weapons

number of successful spy attacks = poison ring (+X% chance of killing defending spies)
number of defended spy attempts = hidden dagger (+X% chance to kill attacking spies)
number of bought market trades = paid informant (+X% chance to avoid being deceived by countermeasures)
number of sold market trades = covert cover (+X% chance of not being detected by enemy spies)

I do miss sending scouts with my troops and would like to see them make a comeback. maybe limiting them to scouting resources and wall levels, while spies stlll do buildings and troops

DeletedUser

Aceswylde;n804 said:
number of successful spy attacks = poison ring (+X% chance of killing defending spies)
number of defended spy attempts = hidden dagger (+X% chance to kill attacking spies)
number of bought market trades = paid informant (+X% chance to avoid being deceived by countermeasures)
number of sold market trades = covert cover (+X% chance of not being detected by enemy spies)
Me likey. Might be nice to also have weapons that increase survivability of your spies (one offense, one defense).

DeletedUser

One of my spies is just plain missing. The #2 spy is just not there. He's not dead or alive-- just missing. Yeah, I reported it to InnoGames, but they said they'd rather not fix it. (I assume because I'm not German.) On the plus side, since I'm naturally a Coiner-- I spent lots of money on Premium in TW1 and other such games-- it has saved me lots of money. Now if my villages get wiped, it's okay because I haven't spent a dime on them. And never will.

DeletedUser

Altwing;n879 said:
One of my spies is just plain missing. The #2 spy is just not there. He's not dead or alive-- just missing. Yeah, I reported it to InnoGames, but they said they'd rather not fix it. (I assume because I'm not German.) On the plus side, since I'm naturally a Coiner-- I spent lots of money on Premium in TW1 and other such games-- it has saved me lots of money. Now if my villages get wiped, it's okay because I haven't spent a dime on them. And never will.
I'm sorry to hear that. I will personally pass this to the support team so they can have a look of what could be the problem. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

DeletedUser

Okay, it took a week but that's better than not getting it done at all. Thank you, they fixed it!

DeletedUser

Altwing;n993 said:
Okay, it took a week but that's better than not getting it done at all. Thank you, they fixed it!
That's very good to know. I'm really sorry about the delay.

DeletedUser181

On a related spy concern.
Assume that I have a farm at lvl 24 and have maxed out the number of troops that can be made from that lvl.
Now a neighbor sends a lot of sabotage spies at me and my farm lvl gets dropped down to 19. What happens to all the troops that exceed the new lower lvl of the farm?
Do they just disappear? Do the appear as out of the village until farm is built up? etc etc

DeletedUser

They stay in the village. you just can't build or add any troops till you get your farm back up.

DeletedUser190

I would just like to add my two cents to this discussion. I actually do not like the sabotage feature one bit... even with the recent change in 1.6. I'm terrified of a coordinated mass tribe sabotage attack that just levels a village and there's pretty much nothing I can do to stop it. Personally I'd prefer if the feature were removed entirely. Perhaps a better solution would be to change the thieves guild's function from sabotage to another form of spy report that discerns where all of the support troops within a village have originated from.

DeletedUser

is it possible on tw 2 to build light cavalry and axe fighter on same time ???

DeletedUser

mujo1;n1467 said:
is it possible on tw 2 to build light cavalry and axe fighter on same time ???
Shouldn't be possible in the same village, but you can build one and buy the other one with crowns at the same time.

DeletedUser

I have a question regarding spies attack reports. After seeing multiple spy attack reports from other tribe members and comparing it from my spy attack reports I found that for some players it shows how many defending spies present and how many killed in attacked village including their own spy number and losses where as for some player it only shows there own spy number and how many they lost. Is there something can be done which i do not know to have that information as well.

DeletedUser

The way things are now, the Sabotage function has been completely emasculated. I've attacked the same village 5 times with 3 and four spies each time, and NOT ONE ATTACK resulted in a loss of a building point. It's useless as a Hall Of Orders.

My suggestion is this. If you want a THIEVES Guild, make them Thieves. Let them target the Warehouse of an enemy city and steal resources. Let them target the Statue of an enemy city and steal one of the Paladin's Weapons. Maybe it would be possible for the spies to just be more effective, having a better chance of gathering info without being killed, or let the Hall of Orders create Super Spies who, if successful, can go to an enemy city and stay there (like a support), but will instead hinder the defenses of the city (lower their luck, reduce the effectiveness of the walls, etc...).

If you want Assassins, then make them Assassins. Have them able to kill Officers (Master of Loot, Grandmaster, Medic, Tactician, Deceiver, etc..., maybe even the Paladin or a Noble.)

Nobody seems to like Sabotage the way it is... not even the poor saps who chose it. This feature really needs to change.