• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Martial Law (LAW)

DeletedUser

Tribe Name: Martial Law (LAW)

Objective: The objective of LAW is to build a team of players capable of challenging the greatest of odds. Leaderboards and points be damned - our success is measured by our progress towards global domination and nothing less.

“He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.” - Sun Tzu

Diplomacy: Save your politics and bureaucracy for Oprah, we’re not interested. If you have something to offer us then present your offer and await our response. It doesn’t take a dozen people to determine whether an agreement makes sense or not.

“Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.” - Sun Tzu

Member Count: An initial soft cap of 50 will be enacted for the first month from server opening. Increased member counts will be considered monthly from there forward if the need exists. All members are expected to be very active and highly aggressive in their play-style. We will champion the very meaning of quality over quantity.

“The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.” - Sun Tzu

Recruiting: Recruiting standards will be relaxed in the first two-weeks from the server opening; every member thereafter will be required to meet a standard determined by their current village progression, bash points, and cultural fit. We are resolute in our desire for progression but ardent in our efforts to have fun and enjoy the game.

“Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” - Sun Tzu

Organization: The actions of LAW members are carried out in accordance with a predefined strategy. We in no way intend to tell you exactly what to do in-game and ruin your fun, we will however influence your progression to meet the needs of our end-game goals. Everything from the group message and forum systems, down to each individual joint-op will be organized in a fashion befitting our strategy at the time.

“The general who wins the battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses makes but few calculations beforehand.” - Sun Tzu

If the above sounds interesting to you at all then let me know below or open a conversation with me here on the forums in private. We will begin in the SW quadrant of the map with an emphasis on an early start to secure as much of the core as possible. You are not required to be a 10 year veteran to join, we can train anyone who is active and willing to learn.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” - Mike Tyson

Oscuro

Mounted Archer
So you like this Sun Tzu dude? I am interested. I won't be as active as I would like to be but I am interested. How would you benefit me from other tribes, and what history do you have as a player, and leader?

DeletedUser491

idk but the last part is by far my favorite, it is all sun tzu and then *bam* Mike Tyson

DeletedUser

idk but the last part is by far my favorite, it is all sun tzu and then *bam* Mike Tyson
He had me at "All members are expected to be very active and highly aggressive in their play-style. We will champion the very meaning of quality over quantity." myself...

That being said the Mike Tyson bit just rammed it home...

DeletedUser

So you like this Sun Tzu dude? I am interested. I won't be as active as I would like to be but I am interested. How would you benefit me from other tribes, and what history do you have as a player, and leader?

Oh please tell me that you're joking about "this Sun Tzu dude" and that at the very least you've heard of The Art of War.

The benefit of joining LAW when the server is opened is the same as joining any organized, goal focused tribe that is willing to take the time to establish a living strategy in an effort to attain their goals. Honestly, with the rate of MRT's per server in comparison to anything resembling a tribe willing to promote organized warfare is laughable by now.

I imagine that most tribes with any sort of focus have been established by this point in the game and are not likely to give up their existing stronghold or "winning hand" to migrate to a new server to start over. That leaves us with the tribes that have failed - sure, they'll call it something different - that believe they can turn things around if they can just get another crack at it.

I will in no way tout LAW as being a tribe that is beyond defeat but at the same time I can promise you that the force necessary to battle focus, foresight, and strategy will not be constructed by mass recruiting. Even those with equal focus must match our aggressive persistence (read: we'll beat you down until your members are tired of farming to feed us and quit).

Regarding my ability to lead, I admit that I do not have fancy accolades from TW2 to show off. I played TW1 for several years and Imperia before that. I've played on servers 4 and 6 here on TW2 but kept my head down to learn the politics and the way of war in this version. It's not very different from those I've played and now I feel comfortable staking my claim as the leader of a formidable tribe.

Professionally I am a psychologist in the U.S. Army and was raised a military brat, so organization and order have been fundamental building blocks my entire life. We'll see how that translates in-game...

That being said the Mike Tyson bit just rammed it home...

That was by design my friend, I am normally no salesman but I was pretty proud of the OP finale. It's especially great if you're familiar with both authors *cough* Moose *cough*.

DeletedUser

The Art of War. That was that movie with Wesley Snipes in it right? Did Sun Tsu write the script for that :)

Just kidding :) Have you read any of Che Guevera's books? Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto are also good when looking about more modern strategy.

I'm with Moose, intrested, but know that I wouldn't be able to dedicate myself to this realm.

DeletedUser534

I like the tribe recruitment post. I may just join based off of this post alone. :p

DeletedUser

One question does come to mind. Is there going to be a general member cap? Like 60 or 70 members?

DeletedUser

Member Count: An initial soft cap of 50 will be enacted for the first month from server opening. Increased member counts will be considered monthly from there forward if the need exists. All members are expected to be very active and highly aggressive in their play-style. We will champion the very meaning of quality over quantity.

I don't really have a predetermined overall cap in mind for later in the game but it won't be over 100. Taking over the map by recruiting everyone on it isn't exactly what I'd consider a victory.

DeletedUser

Just kidding :) Have you read any of Che Guevera's books? Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto are also good when looking about more modern strategy.

I've been meaning to read his Guerrilla Warfare for some time but sadly it's found it's way onto my list of books I intend to read but for some reason never really get around to it. I'll consider your post a recommendation and have to escalate it to higher on the list now.

DeletedUser

Taking over the map by recruiting everyone on it isn't exactly what I'd consider a victory.

My kind of bloke right here...can't stand the "recruiting for the win" strategy....My signature kind of gives my feelings away on that matter though hehehe

DeletedUser

I don't really have a predetermined overall cap in mind for later in the game but it won't be over 100. Taking over the map by recruiting everyone on it isn't exactly what I'd consider a victory.
Wow....the Tyson quote made me forget that in the original posting...

DeletedUser

I've been meaning to read his Guerrilla Warfare for some time but sadly it's found it's way onto my list of books I intend to read but for some reason never really get around to it. I'll consider your post a recommendation and have to escalate it to higher on the list now.

Personally I liked the Bolivian Diaries by him better, but I'm more of a detail person and the diaries showed the day to day of an on going guerrilla war in great detail.

DeletedUser491

Hmmm may i ask...You were asked of your leadership skills and you said you played on W4 and W6 .. what tribes were you apart of there? this gives me an idea of what your expirences are and other what not

DeletedUser

Hmmm may i ask...You were asked of your leadership skills and you said you played on W4 and W6 .. what tribes were you apart of there? this gives me an idea of what your expirences are and other what not

As mentioned earlier I have no leadership experience in TW2, it was all in TW1 and even that was fulfilling secondary roles. I'm sort of an odd duck in that I came from TW1 knowing that I would lead a tribe in TW2 but wanted to spend a few months learning the differences between the versions both in gameplay and tribal politics.

Since you cannot learn all of this from a single tribe I floated around a little between a few tribes (some much better than others) and kept my head down. While my primary focus was to learn what I needed to in order to lead later (now), my secondary focus was not to build a reputation that would follow me here; for better or worse.

While I don't imagine many would recognize me from past servers, I started this new account for US10 anyway. It's important to me that people who join the tribe do so because they believe in it's vision, it's reputation (later), and it's leadership; not because I personally kicked ass or sucked on another server under someone else's authority.

Perhaps all of this is merely one big psychological experiment and it's success is based on the brand quality or reputation of the tribe a year from now when the entire map is a single color. Either way, it will be fun.

If you have specific questions about views of how things will run, you're more than welcome to ask them and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess I should have warned everyone much earlier that I am incapable of writing short posts. Ok, except for this one...

DeletedUser

Wow! I commend you on your precision and organization! Your post is very clear and concise. This is the best recruitment post I've seen so far. I believe I am too inexperienced to join this tribe, but I wanted to express how awesome this is. Sounds like it is going to be a tribe bound for greatness. Good luck!

DeletedUser

Thank you for your kind words Amoeba. Experience is a result of being active, participating in ops, and your ability to follow direction; if those are characteristics of your play-style then you're welcome to join us when the server opens and we'll go from there.

All things can be learned by those willing and if you're truly new, that only means less bad habits to break. I look forward to seeing you in the core when the server opens.

DeletedUser

I agree. I'm not entirely new to the game, but I've only played a couple of worlds and still have some questions regarding game play. However, I have played similar games. So I know the basics. Activity is usually not a problem for me unless something unexpected is happening in my life. In the event that I may be inactive, I will definitely communicate the issue beforehand. I have no problem following directions and I love doing ops. Teamwork is something I enjoy very much.

DeletedUser

I am very interested. Team work is something that I have been seeking since playing this game not just follow the leader but true team cooperation and joint ventures - I see it as the only way to really win at this game. Great post, I think you will do well and I would enjoy taking the journey with you.