• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Martial Law (LAW)

DeletedUser

Excellent Drayken, thank you for the kind words and I look forward to seeing you in the core when the server opens.

DeletedUser897

I might could possibly play w10 along with a friend but we havent decided yet.

DeletedUser392

Oh please tell me that you're joking about "this Sun Tzu dude" and that at the very least you've heard of The Art of War.

The benefit of joining LAW when the server is opened is the same as joining any organized, goal focused tribe that is willing to take the time to establish a living strategy in an effort to attain their goals. Honestly, with the rate of MRT's per server in comparison to anything resembling a tribe willing to promote organized warfare is laughable by now.

I imagine that most tribes with any sort of focus have been established by this point in the game and are not likely to give up their existing stronghold or "winning hand" to migrate to a new server to start over. That leaves us with the tribes that have failed - sure, they'll call it something different - that believe they can turn things around if they can just get another crack at it.

I will in no way tout LAW as being a tribe that is beyond defeat but at the same time I can promise you that the force necessary to battle focus, foresight, and strategy will not be constructed by mass recruiting. Even those with equal focus must match our aggressive persistence (read: we'll beat you down until your members are tired of farming to feed us and quit).

Regarding my ability to lead, I admit that I do not have fancy accolades from TW2 to show off. I played TW1 for several years and Imperia before that. I've played on servers 4 and 6 here on TW2 but kept my head down to learn the politics and the way of war in this version. It's not very different from those I've played and now I feel comfortable staking my claim as the leader of a formidable tribe.

Professionally I am a psychologist in the U.S. Army and was raised a military brat, so organization and order have been fundamental building blocks my entire life. We'll see how that translates in-game...

That was by design my friend, I am normally no salesman but I was pretty proud of the OP finale. It's especially great if you're familiar with both authors *cough* Moose *cough*.

on world 4 what tribe where you on,,,i ask this because i made as high as rank 5 at one point with enough villages to take over 3 hours to cycle through them , and i dont recall your name being in the big tribes that are now in domination. I however do know sun tzu, he was beat into my brain in management training years ago and now i manage 300 plus employess over 4 states. Point being i see a lot of eager new tribe founders that are trying to use certain points of view or certain , must do rules (ops will be managed to further the tribes end game goals) , which i have found playing domination on 2 worlds in tw2 that a tribe that micro manages every op will end up alienating the more aggressive and experienced players , especially coiners who know how to fight, play strategically and grow quickly, making them slow down to take part in a tribe op instead of letting them join together and play and partake in ops with those of like mind, skill, growth and coin will again smother them and they will leave the first time you tell them no or try and dictate how the do their ops. not everyone grows at the same pace, can be available all the time or coin as much as others, so you will always have those the jump way out in front and dont want to be stifled. there dedication will still be to the tribe and domination if left only to play their game, and they will of course obey tribe rules like no barb munching, or no claim jumping or mandatory defense support, but aside from that, they will want to dominate and make a point that they are the best and race for the top spot. you may want to reconsider your approach on ops and making people work together, i for one do not want to sit around with 5 nobles waiting for my squad to catch up or for your managed op to be accomplished. just an fyi, we need more organized tribes that provide a good challenge to a dominate tribe like the one i am in currently or have been on every world ive played. so i say these things to help you not challenge you or tell you your wrong, just friendly advice so that you understand less is more when it comes to dominate aggressive players and coiners which your are looking for. yes having squads is great for larger targets or a province all red and especially for defensive support, but putting chains on a dog thats meant to run will always get you bit

DeletedUser392

As mentioned earlier I have no leadership experience in TW2, it was all in TW1 and even that was fulfilling secondary roles. I'm sort of an odd duck in that I came from TW1 knowing that I would lead a tribe in TW2 but wanted to spend a few months learning the differences between the versions both in gameplay and tribal politics.

Since you cannot learn all of this from a single tribe I floated around a little between a few tribes (some much better than others) and kept my head down. While my primary focus was to learn what I needed to in order to lead later (now), my secondary focus was not to build a reputation that would follow me here; for better or worse.

While I don't imagine many would recognize me from past servers, I started this new account for US10 anyway. It's important to me that people who join the tribe do so because they believe in it's vision, it's reputation (later), and it's leadership; not because I personally kicked ass or sucked on another server under someone else's authority.

Perhaps all of this is merely one big psychological experiment and it's success is based on the brand quality or reputation of the tribe a year from now when the entire map is a single color. Either way, it will be fun.

If you have specific questions about views of how things will run, you're more than welcome to ask them and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

we only ask your tribe and name is because alot of players talk a big game but truly dont know the realities of tribe leadership and keeping things but letting people the aggressive players take off and dominate while being required to help out in missions or defense support.. its kind of a big deal reputation , you can post a nice post but when specifics on former game play rises questions and doubt which does not help with membership. being transparent along with a solid plan is always best. hide things and you will be found out and left to fend for yourself or even internally nobled. agian im just trying to help, you are on the right track.

DeletedUser

No tigers,

First and foremost, I thank you for taking the time to write all of that and offer your advice. I am familiar with your name, I've seen it around on the server(s) and here on the forum; your reputation is commendable to say the least. With that said, I'll see if I cannot address some of your main concerns without picking apart your post unnecessarily or taking anything out of context.

I stand by my decision to remain a new character/player with no history. I could see how some may think this is in an effort to hide something but I know differently and so I am comfortable standing by my decision knowing there is nothing to return to bite me in the ass later. If this decision costs me a few good players then that is certainly regretful but I remain hopeful that even those players would eventually see the quality tribe that we become and will eventually come around to joining us.

I honestly have no intentions of micro-managing anyone directly or indirectly. Even with a lower member cap, I cannot imagine trying to orchestrate every action of 50+ players. This is the very reason one would opt to recruit quality over quantity after all, so that players can be allowed to grow and expand by their own means with guidance from their leadership and the support of their fellow tribesmen. I may have misspoken in the original post I'll have to review and edit that if that's the case; we will have defensive and offensive op's but these situations will be situational and only as needed to solidify our ownership of a province or move our front-lines to serve a specific purpose. Outside of that, we let the eagles soar and celebrate their victories.

You are absolutely correct in saying that someone can write a nice post but have no idea of what it takes to lead a tribe. I have no foundation of TW2 leadership to stand on and I may fail, this is also true. However, I have in my professional life - much like yourself - served in a leadership position for many years and have had extensive formal leadership training through the military. I believe that this real world leadership experience, my in-game experience/studies, and a combination of my belief in transparency and can-do attitude will get us far.

I am no dictator by any stretch, I am a very open person to constructive criticism and advice by anyone willing to lend it. I may not always agree and choose a different path, however, I will never be accused of at not hearing someone out and weighing the options regardless of their position of authority or life experience.

I hope this helps and again, I am sincere in my appreciation of your advice in the last two posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser255

If I had the time,this is genuinely the most interesting premade thread I've seen to date on TW2...If I had the time. I'll keep an eye out for you in the future whenever I get done with my world, I might be at a point I can join you if you ever run onto other worlds.

DeletedUser

As a player of ye olden days TW1 worlds 7,8,10, and 23 and a bit of TW2 as well I have to say I'm excited about starting on W10 and seeing how the tribe goes. Proioxis I you have a lot of good things to say and I'm confident you will lead the tribe in a solid direction. Not saying I'm some awesome dominant player but I've been around a while and this is definitely the right spirit and attitude. So definitely count me in and all the people I bring from W9 with me.

DeletedUser

Thank you Megido and Yatogami for the support, I look forward to fighting along side both of you on this server and in the future.

DeletedUser392

No tigers,

First and foremost, I thank you for taking the time to write all of that and offer your advice. I am familiar with your name, I've seen it around on the server(s) and here on the forum; your reputation is commendable to say the least. With that said, I'll see if I cannot address some of your main concerns without picking apart your post unnecessarily or taking anything out of context.

I stand by my decision to remain a new character/player with no history. I could see how some may think this is in an effort to hide something but I know differently and so I am comfortable standing by my decision knowing there is nothing to return to bite me in the ass later. If this decision costs me a few good players then that is certainly regretful but I remain hopeful that even those players would eventually see the quality tribe that we become and will eventually come around to joining us.

I honestly have no intentions of micro-managing anyone directly or indirectly. Even with a lower member cap, I cannot imagine trying to orchestrate every action of 50+ players. This is the very reason one would opt to recruit quality over quantity after all, so that players can be allowed to grow and expand by their own means with guidance from their leadership and the support of their fellow tribesmen. I may have misspoken in the original post I'll have to review and edit that if that's the case; we will have defensive and offensive op's but these situations will be situational and only as needed to solidify our ownership of a province or move our front-lines to serve a specific purpose. Outside of that, we let the eagles soar and celebrate their victories.

You are absolutely correct in saying that someone can write a nice post but have no idea of what it takes to lead a tribe. I have no foundation of TW2 leadership to stand on and I may fail, this is also true. However, I have in my professional life - much like yourself - served in a leadership position for many years and have had extensive formal leadership training through the military. I believe that this real world leadership experience, my in-game experience/studies, and a combination of my belief in transparency and can-do attitude will get us far.

I am no dictator by any stretch, I am a very open person to constructive criticism and advice by anyone willing to lend it. I may not always agree and choose a different path, however, I will never be accused of at not hearing someone out and weighing the options regardless of their position of authority or life experience.

I hope this helps and again, I am sincere in my appreciation of your advice in the last two posts.

i will say i do like your long posts, lol, i get made fun of all the time for explaining everything and giving the entire picture the entire time. even at work. what people dont understand is you cant understand certain decisions if you dont have the entire picture. you will be following someone or emotionally basing your decisions and responses on something your not familiar with , which only leads to a half job done. so thank you for making me not the only person to be long winded.
while i still think it would benefit you if you explained more of your past that is your decsion. I do hope that you decide to have a council of leadership that will insight into decisions and allow for a majority decision of this small council so that a situation can be made by different eyes and brains seeing and procesessing information different to come up with the best approach. the worst tribes i have every been on is one ONE person is in control of everything. I imagine having a military background working with diferent groups of that combine to make the whole , you have to work with a group of people to insure the best possible outcome. in this game a dictator or one man leader who makes all decisions, again only hampers peoples growth, hurts morale and feelings as there will be stars on you team that want to help and their success will do nothing but benefit you.
you sound like you have a great plan , so ill leave you with my last little tip above. Dont be the guy the puts himself as the found/leader/commander/dickhead :) you will loose. let other participate, plus the tribe as a whole will feel better knowing that there are 5 or 6 well versed and experienced players all working to make the best decisions for the team. above all else that is the best decision you can start off with. ask anyone what really strong tribe ruined themselves and then ask why,,,,and you will get the same answer.

DeletedUser1082

I would be interested in signing up if not for the formation of our tribe. I am sure we will one day meet each other in world as we both will have the exact same style of play, with the exception of recruitment style. We won't use the forums to try to start off large, but will use our core and expand outwards with strict recruiting along the way.

What section of the world do you plan to start in?

DeletedUser

i will say i do like your long posts, lol, i get made fun of all the time for explaining everything and giving the entire picture the entire time. even at work. what people dont understand is you cant understand certain decisions if you dont have the entire picture. you will be following someone or emotionally basing your decisions and responses on something your not familiar with , which only leads to a half job done. so thank you for making me not the only person to be long winded.
while i still think it would benefit you if you explained more of your past that is your decsion. I do hope that you decide to have a council of leadership that will insight into decisions and allow for a majority decision of this small council so that a situation can be made by different eyes and brains seeing and procesessing information different to come up with the best approach. the worst tribes i have every been on is one ONE person is in control of everything. I imagine having a military background working with diferent groups of that combine to make the whole , you have to work with a group of people to insure the best possible outcome. in this game a dictator or one man leader who makes all decisions, again only hampers peoples growth, hurts morale and feelings as there will be stars on you team that want to help and their success will do nothing but benefit you.
you sound like you have a great plan , so ill leave you with my last little tip above. Dont be the guy the puts himself as the found/leader/commander/dickhead :) you will loose. let other participate, plus the tribe as a whole will feel better knowing that there are 5 or 6 well versed and experienced players all working to make the best decisions for the team. above all else that is the best decision you can start off with. ask anyone what really strong tribe ruined themselves and then ask why,,,,and you will get the same answer.

LAW will certainly have a small council of experienced players. The benefits of this are too many to list in it's entirety but most importantly are the different viewpoints in tribe leadership, networking through existing contacts, and the diversity in managing war time operations. Not to mention, it enhances the window in which someone from leadership will be online when immediate attention is required.

I would be interested in signing up if not for the formation of our tribe. I am sure we will one day meet each other in world as we both will have the exact same style of play, with the exception of recruitment style. We won't use the forums to try to start off large, but will use our core and expand outwards with strict recruiting along the way.

What section of the world do you plan to start in?

We will start in the SW, best of luck to you and your tribe.

Sun Tzu was a terrible human being to his soldiers. So ironic...

I cannot entertain this discussion here because it is not the place for it, but I will say this: There are many great people in history that had brilliant outlooks, accomplishments, and tactics in life who were otherwise thought to have major flaws in other aspects. Respecting Sun Tzu's approach to war does not necessarily mean I agree with everything he did or the way in which he did it.

DeletedUser

For those following this thread that may not read much elsewhere, Juval is now open. See you all in-game!

DeletedUser

I honestly do not have time to re-explain so here is what I posted in our internal forums. I wish everyone well and really hoped to have more time in-game and in battle. Until next time...

It is with great misfortune that I must resign as the leader of Martial Law. As I've explained to you all earlier and some of you yesterday, I have been facing family medical problems that have been stealing all of my attention away from online activities. As such, many of my responsibilities as the leader of such a great tribe have been neglected.

A few hours ago I was informed that my father only has days remaining with little to no change of pulling through. For this reason I must withdraw from my position as leader and focus on my family at home over the next few weeks.

I've been proud of the participation and involvement in LAW from the day it started on the TW2 forums about three weeks ago. That is perhaps the hardest part of all of this from an online perspective is that we've built something strong enough to be highly successful and now I must leave it.

Unfortunately, I do not have time to go through any voting process for the new leader. I will make Preepreus leader for now and if it's passed on from there then that is between Preepreus and the tribe. I've decided this because he's highly active, have been here since the beginning, and has spent a lot of money towards the tribes level progress.

I will not remove myself immediately, I'll leave myself a member for a few days so I can return when I get a chance to make sure there are no loose ends that need addressing by me personally.

I wish this didn't have to happen for more reasons than one. I don't foresee returning to the game full-time soon enough to start on the next server but maybe I'll see you all on 12 or 13.

Sincerely,,

Proioxis I

DeletedUser1104

That's a shame, but completely understandable. I was very excited to see what your leadership abilities were like and looked forward to meeting you on the battlefield in one way or another. Best of luck and I hope things turn around for you and yours.

DeletedUser

Aww man! Proio, I am so sorry to hear that! Please stay around when you can and let us know when you are going to try to start another tribe on a future world.

DeletedUser

I honestly do not have time to re-explain so here is what I posted in our internal forums. I wish everyone well and really hoped to have more time in-game and in battle. Until next time...

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you and your family do well. A few months ago my grandma died which forced me into a similar situation over on E world. If you need anybody to talk with, feel free to drop a PM :O.

DeletedUser1083

Best wishes, Proio. I was looking forward to crossing swords with you, but I'll be sure to give your tribe hell in your place. ;)

DeletedUser

I never really had a chance before to say thank you for the kind words and support. My father did end up passing away and it's taken me longer than anticipated to get back in-game but I've restarted on US13 to get back in the swing of things. Who knows, maybe Martial Law will see fruition again on US14 or 15.

Thanks again for the amount of support that LAW had seen on these forums and the members when the server went live, also for the support when I had to step down and out.

See you all on the battlefield...