• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Abuse of Crowns to conquer cities

DeletedUser232

I'm not one to typically complain, but there was a 600 point village in a province of mine last night. A player conquered it to get a chapel in there (no problem). They had nukes timed to land after chapel (no problem). But they then used crowns to go from 600 points to 1923 (bought up to academy), then purchased 4 nobles, and at least 400 axes. I proceeded to lose a city (and will now probably lose more) because of the inability to adjust to nobles appearing in what appears to be a harmless village.

Now, I understand the crown system. But this method is completely impossible to defend against. I'm not 100% sure how this can be balanced, honestly. But it's pretty awful to have happen.

Does anyone know how this might be fixed in later updates?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I afraid to ask how much that cost i am sure a few developers are paid this month.

DeletedUser255

I know that this feature (the ability to purchase troops) was implemented on 1 or 2 markets to test how it balances.
Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you how long it will remain or if it will be removed. Depends, I guess, on feedback.

DeletedUser238

its not balanced at all if you can instantly build churches, walls, and troops. balance isn't equality; its something that is as close as it can be to equality without being such. if someone can dump their life savings into a game and come up with a drastic edge like this then that isn't a balance. The crown system is a mobile app based system that is usually given out of greed. The old tribal wars PP system was a lot better on terms of balance. The people who didn't pay fell behind(but they wouldn't have stayed long anyway), but it was cheap enough for an average person to have a enough to buy PP for a month at a time. the Premium account gave you every advantage it gave to other players and it was up to you to make the edge for yourself. You couldn't insta-build buildings or troops but you could do a hell of a lot more with the core mechanics of the game and if you or your friends were savvy enough you could get pretty killer scripts.

the question is no regarding feedback from the community, its regarding which one they can profit from the most. the crown system will beat the premium payment plan any day of the week because crowns are fake currency that disappears just as fast as it was bought. $70 of crowns will last someone a few weeks (or less) depending on how reliant they are on them as to were $70 in pp would last you well over a year.

DeletedUser

to be honest crowns are (lucky) so expensive in this game that only millionaires can do this, so i would not worry about it , you wont see that very often

my advice is if you find one of those avoid him like the plague, try diplomacy so he wont sweep you off the map like you were a dust ball

you could only defeat such player if an entire tribe dozens of strong players attack coordinated, non stop, whatever it cost in losses

THE WEAKNESS of a millionaire player is resources, you can not buy resource packages for crowns, so you have to run him out of resources, no amount of money can help him there.. everything else he can get near instant as fast as he can buy crowns and click of finish

also in case of a full attack $79 = 6000 crowns is nothing (providing you have enough resources), just add up how many 1000s are troops, instant buildings and so on, each level of each building is between 50-300 alone + cost reductor, how much 5000+ instant troops would cost i cant even imagine, then all the multipliers, and enhancers

Last edited by a moderator: