• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attack Dodging Consequence

DeletedUser

While it hasn't happened to me personally(yet) I see a lot of people talking about 'dodging' attacks. This is a ridiculous 'game' only convention that should be 'fixed'. I can think of several ways to make this undesirable as a behavior, but specifically if you MAKE your village defenseless when attacked it should suffer serious consequences.

A couple options:
1) Disallow the defense village from sending troops out (after the callback time of the attacking army is reached, to prevent tribes from attack/callback scenarios).
2) If it is still allowed to send troops out this should incur a serious morale reduction (this makes a lot of sense if you think about real life and the 'army' leaving the villagers defenseless). It might never make the village go to zero morale but maybe automatic reduction to like 15 if all troops are emptied and some percentage from current maximum to 15 based on percentage of troops sent. Note this would have to be in the case where the troops were 'sent' after the 'attack' was sent and not just that all troops were out and the village was caught 'unaware'.

I personally like #2 as it would still allow a player to remove troops (possibly send them to support another village if they think they will be losing the entire village) but with an appropriate consequence. I also think this should be fairly easy to implement once the appropriate algorithm for the morale reduction is figured out.

DeletedUser394

Dodging makes perfect sense. When a large army has attacked a small army, they don't just stand there and die. Small armies use tactics, one of the best is guerrilla warfare. In this game, that would be "dodging" or evading the enemy when your out numbered and "snipe" or ambush the usually smaller noble party. Both are historically used in warfare, and this is a medieval warfare game.

Your suggestions are not only unrealistic but counter to real game design called "Fun." There is no Fun factor when your forced to do something, that why some games are better than others. It's all about choices that make the game fun. Dodging and sniping are fun mechanics in this game, and after 80+ Worlds of experience, I don't think the Devs will change those mechanics.

DeletedUser465

Being forced to defend when you've only had a day or 2 to build a village up and watching 3 nukes heading at you before a noble train seems illogical. of course you want to save your men for the real battle of stopping old fat men from taking over your village.

DeletedUser465

Especially if it's loaded with offensive troops who suck at defending. Why be forced to lose an attack force because you weren't online at the time to respond fast enough with support from another town?

DeletedUser

Retreat is a recognized tactical maneuver in warfare. There's an old saying ' he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day". Any consequences of this act should be a direct result of cause/effect and not imposed by a ruling. In real life, retreating doesn't necessarily result in a loss of morale. Just my thoughts on the subject. Thanks for posting!

DeletedUser

There already is a consequence there. You lose your wall, some buildings get catted down, you lose resources. Simple as that. But buildings can be rebuilt easily. Walls are quick. Resources easily farmed. IF you have troops.