• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attack/Support

DeletedUser

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to this game, but not to games of these types. There's a feature here I don't understand and think should be altered or removed altogether. I also don't know if it's just a bug on this server or is a part of TW2 on all servers.

That feature is being able to attack one's self, a fellow tribe member and/or an ally. Why is this possible? What is the point of this feature? Is it a bug? In every other game of this type I've played (Evony Ages 1 & 2, Forge of Empires, Good Games Empire, and several others whose names I've forgotten) this was not possible, nor should it be. If this feature was removed, then problem with "Attack/Support" and support being on the same button/icon goes away. They are combined and one performs either action in the same window.

Even if there is some logical reason for keeping this feature that I can't see, I think support should be moved to an entirely separate button and window. Twice I have attempted to support either myself or a tribe mate, and am certain I clicked on "support" yet the troops attacked instead and were wiped out. There is no logical reason that I can see to attack one's self, another tribe member or an ally, or for support and attack to be on the same button.

I like many things about this game over the others but this one feature is absurd and really denigrates this game.

DeletedUser61

Killuh the short answer to your question would be that in Tribal Wars 2 you are able to attack yourself to maybe get rid certain troops that you may not need. Or if you would like to think tactic which I love and you see that you are being nobled maybe you want to prenoble a village (yours of course) and have the person that is sending 4 nobles at you lose their troops in the process then before their last attack hit you already have a noble sent from one of your other villages to that village coming seconds after his last attack.

There are so many different strategies you can use for this and those that have played long do. Now one thing I will agree with you is to move the support/attack option completely opposite of each other to a different location so that it's not mistakenly pressed.

Tokano

Not a Mod
That feature is being able to attack one's self, a fellow tribe member and/or an ally. Why is this possible? What is the point of this feature? Is it a bug? In every other game of this type I've played (Evony Ages 1 & 2, Forge of Empires, Good Games Empire, and several others whose names I've forgotten) this was not possible, nor should it be. If this feature was removed, then problem with "Attack/Support" and support being on the same button/icon goes away. They are combined and one performs either action in the same window.

The beauty of being able to attack yourself or your tribe mates changes a number of things about this game.

1) Attacking your self or having your tribe attack you is a fantastic thing to have.
It allows you to use teamwork to take a village or teamwork to reshape your village if the previous owner of the village was annoying enough to overbuild it.

2) Deceive an enemy player who if gullible and friendly into supporting your village by gaining their confidence and then have your tribe nuke your village. You kill off enemy troops and they never see it coming. Thus, you leave their villages less defended and more easily taken.

3) Inactivity. If a player in your tribe goes inactive, I think most people would be really upset if they were not able to keep those villages in their tribe. They would have to kick that player from their tribe just to take his villages, thus revealing that he is inactive and a free target to your enemies.

4) It creates another level of training for your new players. If you want to teach them have to send gapless noble trains, fakes, figure out the backtiming math for the new map on US6, etc... Who better to practice on than a tribe member? If they were to practice on an enemy, they might get taken out immediately rather than later when they are a fully fledged killing machine.

5) It creates a new level of deception. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people leave their old tribe to join a new one and upon leaving their old tribe, the old tribe and the new tribe start attacking that player mercilessly. It ensures that you need to build trust, not just accept what anyone tells you.

This is just my personal take on the subject and everyone is going to have their own list of reasons as to why it is good or bad to be able to attack your self.

DeletedUser

My only specific comment about the attack function is that maybe have two separate functions/tabs for attack and support. there is nothing more frustrating than trying to send support and not realizing that you clicked attack until after you friend sends you a message that you actually get to look at 30 minutes later and you can no longer recall your troops.

Simply separate them. When you click on the Attack/Support button of a village you select weather you are going to attack or support. If you are attacking the screen opens up red. If you are supporting it opens up green. It's easy to say just pay closer attention to what your doing, but when your trying to manage your troops/attacks/support at 3 A.M. you can be pretty bleary eyed. The more back-up, or differences between these two things would be beneficial.