• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Attacking & Loot (Resources)

• Thread starter DeletedUser2967
  • Start date

DeletedUser2967

When are you attacking a village and the player that you are attacking is online and they know that they are going to lose the battle, they should not be able to donate resources to their tribe from the village that is under attack. However, spending resources, in my opinion, is a viable strategy to reducing the amount of loot the attacker travels back home with. But, this does not allow you to simply completely empty your storage whereas being able to donate resources to your tribe from that village prevents the attacker from getting absolutely nothing from the attack. I think this should be changed so that if you are attacking someone for their resources that they can't simply zero out their storage to prevent you from gaining any loot from the attack.

Tokano

Not a Mod
I'm not knocking your idea, but I have a number of questions about how you think this should work. Any major change to the game mechanics would need to be fully fleshed out and all the ramifications fully thought out beforehand.
  • If a player can't donate to their tribe and other players in their tribe are being attacked by the same person (the attacker sent fakes), then they know where the real attack is going and they know where to stack.
  • If the defenders tribemates stack the defender (who they know is the real target because they can't donate and who would have otherwise lost the battle) would the defender regain their ability to donate to the tribe?
  • What is to prevent players from spamming fakes to prevent certain players from being able to donate to their tribe?
  • What is preventing players from using the market to circumvent the tribal donation and they just shift resources around that way?
I could go on asking about the nuances of this suggested change and how it removes dodging as a viable option, but I think this is enough for now.

DeletedUser2967

You actually make a good point as far as someone spamming attacks in your direction. As far as knowing that the battle is already lost, this would be determined by periodically scouting the player sending attacks your way, which would not give away the actual village being attacked. As far as the market, you could only shift around so much depending on the level of the market and how far other villages are away.

DeletedUser1376

If a player is online then why should they not donate resources whether the battle is lost or not. sometimes a player can not spend all the rss they have saved up and as an attacker getting your opponent to donate leaves him no recourse to get the resources after where in if they spend they can cancel after and recover 90% of those resources