• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Automated Farming Could Save This Game

DeletedUser1211

Inno has made it clear that they are not open to the possibility of allowing any automation of farming ever. But I feel like we need to make another effort to get through to them because this is probably the #1 thing that is killing this game.

This is not about wanting to cheat. It's about wanting to have a life. Early game is not too bad, but beyond that, in order to keep growing and have any chance at all of being a top player, you have to farm constantly. Once you get over 100 villages or so, the game can take more time than a full-time job. It becomes WORK. It's not fun to sit in front of a computer all day sending out farming runs. Planning ops and attacking players is fun; farming is not.

RIP has said that this is going to be his last game. I asked him why and this is one of the biggest reasons: "...this game has become a full time job. It is no longer a 'game' when you literally have to be on 24/7." This guy is probably the biggest crowner in the game. I'm not saying that as a dig. I'm trying to get the point across that Inno is losing its BIGGEST PAYING CUSTOMERS over their refusal to allow automation of farming.

If Inno wants to save this game, they need to develop a really good farming script (or buy the rights to use one that's already out there) and start CHARGING for it. I would gladly pay $5, $10, maybe even $20 per month to use an Inno-approved farming script. I bet a lot of other players feel the same way.

The game would be more fun, and Inno would make more money. Win-win.

Jazzz

DeletedUser2702

Sure I can, Capt K. Whatever the game actually allows is fine by me. There are plenty of games with recurring 'subscriptions' to extremely valuable technologies. Pretty standard business model for freemium games.

And of cour$e, new thing$ to monetize are generally of intere$t.

I can and will make this suggestion with my next report.

DeletedUser2158

Don't agree with you CC. If everyone had access to farming scripts then the game would be who coins the most. While I agree teh farming system is horrible, giving everyone farming script is not the solution. They would need to revamp the whole game, which they never will

DeletedUser2578

THat's how Tw1 does it EIJefe, Last I knew it was $5/Month. Just about everyone had it.

DeletedUser2704

i totally agree with craft, this will save us a lot of time, we all go to universities or work. we cant sit on our laptops 24/7

DeletedUser2702

Don't agree with you CC. If everyone had access to farming scripts then the game would be who coins the most. While I agree teh farming system is horrible, giving everyone farming script is not the solution. They would need to revamp the whole game, which they never will

First, I am just passing along a valid suggestion. But me passing along a suggestion doesn't mean it will get adopted.
Second, it is a question of cost. If it is cheap enough, everyone can afford it, but Inno may get a little more revenue.
Third, the best freemium games allow such technologies to be earned by free players as well. Maybe you do something to earn the boost for a week?

If it is something they want to pursue, I would let the developers figure out how to make it a reasonable feature that doesn't completely overbalance the game.

DeletedUser2720

A million crowns won't win a world, they'll give you a boost yes. Bots / farmscripts have alot more value then crowns IMO.

I too think this is a good idea, Especially the ''do something, get a boost for a week'', since not everyone wants to / can spend money, even if it is just 5 $ a week / month / whatever

DeletedUser2158

What differentiate a good player to a bad player in this game? Basically how much people farm. So if everyone has access to the same amount of farming, the only thing that differentiate players are how much they crown. It would lower the skillfloor of this game

DeletedUser

You may have a point Eijefe, but already this game is a full time job for players, spending 5 bucks a month is totally worth it to save you time to farm. I for one would buy a life time pass for this feature.
But I still think that this is a reasonable feature. Even tho I'm sure that there will be a way around this, and players will have a bot that does same thing that they got for free and then idk how INNO can ban them for using it. Unless they can track who is using a bot they paid for, and who is using one who isn't. That'd be a hassle.

DeletedUser449

There are other options for games if you don't like the monotony of this one. I'm pretty hooked on Crown of the Gods at the moment.

DeletedUser2718

You just need something that 'levels out the playing field' makes it so that everyone has an equal and fair chance to win whilst still maintaining the excitement of playing the game.
Most players do not have an unlimited supply of Crowns, if they pay for the bot then they have less Crowns to spend elsewhere. It is just changing the allocation of where money is spent, not necessarily increasing the amount of Crowns bought.
You already have players using illegal bots which give them an unfair advantage over those that don't. You either have to find a way to stop this or you allow all players the freedom to use it.
If you allow bots then what EIjefe said is true. The skill level of players will gradually deteriorate and the way to win the game will be more determined by the amount of Crowns you spend. Players spending more actual time on the game will still benefit but only slightly and probably not enough to warrant doing it. Skill and organisation will not be as important. The challenge of pitting your skill against another player will be lost and that is what puts the thrill and excitement into the game.
How will it be monitored? How will you stop players from using a bot to do everything. It is human nature to push boundaries. So if we all have bots that farm the next natural step is for us to get the bot to do everything else too. Players will always be looking out for the 'free' bot. No one will want to pay for something that others get free.
In my opinion, the safest option is to get rid of all bots. Find a way to trace the 'all singing and all dancing' bot and get rid of it, but i just don't know how the Mods/Inno are going to do that. The stable door is already open and that horse has well and truly bolted. I think allowing a more limited bot which costs money when there is another 'better' bot available that is free just opens up a new can of worms.
I think if we allow a bot it would need to be free. If it is not, then programmers might start charging for the use of their illegal bot and developing more expensive bots that can do even more. If bots are allowed and Inno are charging for them and the Mods cannot trace illegal bot use then why wouldn't programmers start making more developed bots and charging for them? So the money would be going to these programmers and not Inno!!!
Eventually there would be no need to play the game, no point new players starting because as soon as they do they will get killed because the game is moving too fast for them to learn. It is the fact that the game is marketed as 'free' which brings in the casual players en mass. If as soon as they join they realise they need to spend money to survive many will not do that. They will leave before they get addicted :rolleyes:
Maybe if no one was using a bot the game/worlds would not move so fast. The pressure to spend all day farming would decrease. This is not a simple issue of lets get a bot to save us farming!!

DeletedUser2720

What differentiate a good player to a bad player in this game? Basically how much people farm. So if everyone has access to the same amount of farming, the only thing that differentiate players are how much they crown. It would lower the skillfloor of this game
The ability to press a number after pressing a barb is the skill level?
I thought the ability to guess which attacks are real, to snipe and send a train in a second and planning / executing an op on someone is what makes a person good or bad.

DeletedUser2704

Farming scripts will give you the resources not the skills, the only thing that differentiate players is their level of skills

DeletedUser1211

Yes, this. Farming is not a skill. It's a time-suck and nothing more.

I thought the ability to guess which attacks are real, to snipe and send a train in a second and planning / executing an op on someone is what makes a person good or bad.

DeletedUser2158

In this game yes.. players that make a difference in a world are the one who farm a lot. Not saying its a good thing, but changing that is changing this game

DeletedUser2720

In this game yes.. players that make a difference in a world are the one who farm a lot. Not saying its a good thing, but changing that is changing this game

A tribe with 10 players with a total of 1 mill farmed can easily win from a tribe with 10 players and 5 mil farmed.
This is a team based strategy game, even if someone farms alot it doesnt mean they are any good. Just means they have alot of spare time or a bot/script.
Giving every player the ability will even out the playing field, and will change the focus of the game towards teamwork and strategy, which is what this game should be about imo.

DeletedUser2578

A tribe with 10 players with a total of 1 mill farmed can easily win from a tribe with 10 players and 5 mil farmed.
This is a team based strategy game, even if someone farms alot it doesnt mean they are any good. Just means they have alot of spare time or a bot/script.
Giving every player the ability will even out the playing field, and will change the focus of the game towards teamwork and strategy, which is what this game should be about imo.
Lol wrong. That 10 player tribe with 5M looted has 2-3x more villages now due to noble coins minted, while the tribe with 1M is still trying to get academies. The more you farm, the more coins you can mint and villages you can eat. Farming is a massive part of this game.

DeletedUser2158

^^ What edge exactly do I get against coiners if they farm equally to me? They have more troops, better farming (because of RP), no waiting time. While its true it would increase teamwork, it would also significantly increase the power of coining.