• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Balancing act

• Thread starter DeletedUser2565
  • Start date

DeletedUser2565

I have been playing this game since I was 14 since I started on the first 5 worlds of tw1 and I always come back for more but the more I play and see how this game has turned from knowing the mechanics and strategy to win to lets see who has a deeper wallet. I understand the need for the company to make a profit while the game is alive but the sad truth is in doing so the game will die faster. There should be a trade off when you spend an idiotic amount of coins to grow over the average player who won't invest into the game.
1. Unrealistic coining growth vs non coiners- I have literally seen players start a week later and have a village around 3k points still under protection with a barb next to them at the same point value players in the surrounding area at half the growth rate again who had started earlier. there needs to be a point at which coin growth is given a trade off and I suggest that at a certain point value protection be taken off instead of the full duration. This not only keeps coiners from just smashing everyone if they wait to start but it also makes the core more interesting and who wouldn't want to see coiners go at it at the start.
2. Instant recruiting- I don't know how bad it Is but I'm pretty sure you feed a coiner resources they can rebuild entire defenses and villages in hrs which seems idiotic. So im it gonna bother saying get rid of it but how about if you instantly recruit units those units are at a lower morale or weapon mastery. Let's say someone just got wiped why should the player with more money be allowed to just counter it by buying units instantly where is the consequence for the mistake. I say the base weapon mastery of a coined unit should sit at 75 percent they are not useless but not at full potential and then slowly grow to the full 100. Reasoning behind it can just be they were rushed without proper training and learned on the job.
The coding to some if it would probably just be the issue like always and I understand that but this game had always been about the consequences of being outplayed or bad village builds but With the safety net of some players being way too good there should still be minor consequences for the actions made. Also I just thought of this but how is it in old tw1 worlds were all brought out with a variety of differences be it the introduction of new units or buildings as well as world settings such as world speed unit speed tribe member limits and even special worlds like damn they even have casual worlds now lol. So is it just too costly to make the coding easier to change on a world basis or something because that would be amazing to just change the world's slightly each time to keep it a little different each time. Don't k ow if my thoughts on a y of this are even realistic or have been said before but hey throwing it out there.

DeletedUser2565

Just started new server and seems like someone who started later is already double the points of the nearest second place hmmmm. Also have a 3.5k barb next to me which means I'm probably just gonna quit n wait a week or 2 if he starts cashing his villa no point building a villa for him. Ohh and the highest point villa in my province is 400 so yeah 3.5k barb.... I mean does that really seem okay in terms of balance. And looks like a few of the casher all in one tribe well a few I know of so I wonder who's gonna destroy the early game. Just adding to why coins need a tradeoff

DeletedUser2158

ye you need to find a way to enjoy the game even with coiners because they arent going away

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1425

Just started new server and seems like someone who started later is already double the points of the nearest second place hmmmm. Also have a 3.5k barb next to me which means I'm probably just gonna quit n wait a week or 2 if he starts cashing his villa no point building a villa for him. Ohh and the highest point villa in my province is 400 so yeah 3.5k barb.... I mean does that really seem okay in terms of balance. And looks like a few of the casher all in one tribe well a few I know of so I wonder who's gonna destroy the early game. Just adding to why coins need a tradeoff
so..have you ever thought about farming this barb? Its not limited to just them farming it
you know that right

DeletedUser2565

I am farming it nonstop to keep him from getting resources and he is already doubling my growth and he stacked it to try and stop me from taking the esa. But my entire argument is not to take it out but to make it less of an absolute safety net for mistakes. Where's the counter play to someone who can double your growth rate and if need be instant recruit. The early game is one sided so thats why i habe just been waiting for a week or so before joining new worlds. Oh and the person restarted im assuming so he would have the barb the tile next to his before he upgraded it.