• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Basic Battle System Tutorial Video Discussions

DeletedUser

This thread is for discussions in regards to the Basic Battle System tutorial video, found in the announcement thread here.

DeletedUser198

This is a GREAT video. Veterans and new players alike can benefit from this, and makes your system much more clear! I have linked this into my tribes forums, it is a wonderful resource. Thanks for posting this!

DeletedUser216

So if you attack out of province, and you get bad luck you're screwed.

DeletedUser

Very good video, explains basic much better than info provided in wiki and also answered all questions that i have in my mind. Thanks a lot.

DeletedUser198

One thing alot of my tribe members are asking for is another video like that but with CAT and RAM scenarios so they can get a better idea how they work. I have done my best to answer the questions but after watching that video, I am sure my information is not as accurate as it can be! If you guys could do one with CATS and RAMS that would be much obliged.

DeletedUser

bigpapasmurf6;n1586 said:
One thing alot of my tribe members are asking for is another video like that but with CAT and RAM scenarios so they can get a better idea how they work. I have done my best to answer the questions but after watching that video, I am sure my information is not as accurate as it can be! If you guys could do one with CATS and RAMS that would be much obliged.

I will pass this along to our Dev team to see if they can get something together :)!

DeletedUser275

It seems like you didn't really explain the paladin weapon clearly. why didn't you account for the MA weapon when you calculated the MA attack? You made it sound like the paladin didn't use his weapon when he attacked because his attack was calculated with the axes. Previously I have heard mods say that you could have multiple paladins with different weapons support the same village and gain each of their bonuses. If the way you explained it is correct, that would mean that is not true. which is it?

DeletedUser198

7 days and no reply? pshhh this is plenty active! But seriously devs we could use an answer

Tokano

Not a Mod
Sorry, the devs are busy right now. They are working on new pay to win features and causing more bugs for the game.

DeletedUser275

man.... what does it take to get a response from a mod around here. Do you guys even read the forums. This thread has been at the top of the list for a month and yet no response... It kinda makes you think that inno really doesn't care about these forums at all. I thought we were helping give feedback for a beta. guess i was wrong.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Keats, the people who should be responding are tied up with a plethora of other things. Zeltino was replaced by YOUNG WOLF and then YOUNG WOLF quit because of timing issues, and now Zeltino is back and if that is going on with community managers, you can only imagine what is going on with forum mods, game mods, and other areas of the TW2 team.
Once they finally get their staffing situation handled, I'm sure the mods will come around and start giving us their generic and apologetic answers again.

DeletedUser

Thanks (I guess?) Takano , haha. Lovely way of putting it :p.

Keats I will forward your feedback up to our dev crew so that they can adjust the video or make a new one if they see fit to do so :)!

Tokano

Not a Mod
xP I suppose that was the only way to put it.

Also: My name was literally RIGHT there and you still spelled it wrong.

DeletedUser

the video just made me angry. so your mounted troops sit around drinking, while the infantry fight, politely waiting their turn? archers tell stories around the camp fire while the infantry battle is conducted. seriously in the history of combat rarely if ever do troops just sit around while the battle is going on, every thing fights at the SAME TIME! your system is needlessly complex, and it adds nothing to the game. Mainly your combat system is just bashing large number into smaller numbers. The rest is just noise

Tokano

Not a Mod
Norris;n2446 said:
every thing fights at the SAME TIME!

Tribal Wars 1 has the same battle system. xP
If everything fought at once, it would be total chaos (though, I suppose that is the definition of war). Remember, back in simpler times, they would all line up and take turns shooting at each other.
In all seriousness though, it makes the game more balanced. If everything fought at once the checks against troops would be meaningless. That would just mean you'd need to muster up the most offensive nuke you could (it would be 100% axemen or zerkers) and nothing could stop them. There would be no checks in place to stop them slaughtering the other army.

We need swords to keep the axes and zerkers at bay. We need archers and cats to take out the MA's. We need spears to stop the stampede of LC. We need rams to bring down the walls. Everything has their purpose.

Not to mention, the video was just a breakdown of how things get calculated. I'm sure it's very chaotic on the battlefield.

DeletedUser260

keats81;n1877 said:
It seems like you didn't really explain the paladin weapon clearly. why didn't you account for the MA weapon when you calculated the MA attack? You made it sound like the paladin didn't use his weapon when he attacked because his attack was calculated with the axes. Previously I have heard mods say that you could have multiple paladins with different weapons support the same village and gain each of their bonuses. If the way you explained it is correct, that would mean that is not true. which is it?

I know that in the org. TW You could support a village with multiple paladin's and have a dif. weapon on each of them making the village all the more tough to crack. But not sure on this version I had assumed that it would work the same way. Though I think the paladin's effects may only apply to your troops in that village. And not everyone's

Tokano

Not a Mod
rage1177;n2551 said:
I know that in the org. TW You could support a village with multiple paladin's and have a dif. weapon on each of them making the village all the more tough to crack. But not sure on this version I had assumed that it would work the same way. Though I think the paladin's effects may only apply to your troops in that village. And not everyone's

Unfortunately, even if it did work like that here in TW2, everyone would just spam your villages with sabo attacks and you'd be crippled within hours without losing a single troop.