• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Berserkers

DeletedUser

I have a question about Berserkers. In the wiki it says that they get the 100% boost if their army is superior. I am wondering if someone could give some more detail behind the simple comment.

1. I assume the bonus is applied for the Berserker if you are on offense or defense? (As they are offensive units generally, I naturally only thought the bonus was on offense, but realized it could be either.)

2. What does "superior" mean? unit count, provisions, power (attack values vs. defense values)?

Tokano

Not a Mod
Oops, I thought I had already answered this.^^ Sorry about that, Spiffy.

1) Berserkers gain a 100% offensive boost when they are attacking a superior army. When you are being attacked, their defensive stats stay the same.

2) There has been a lot of debate in the game as to what it actually means.
From what I have observed, it is based off provisions sent in the attacking force.
From what others have argued with me over, it is based off the number of troops actually sent in the attack vs the number of troops defending.

The only common ground we all agree on, is that the most effective way to ensure your zerkers are being used at their most advantageous, is to spy the enemy and send 1 less provision or troop than their defensive army depending on how you believe the boost to work.

DeletedUser

Best example I can give is this:
If you are attacking with 2700 Berskers and 600 rams vs an enemies defending army of 20k spears, 20k swords, 20k archers, and 2k heavy cavs, in a province where you have no church, and the enemy wall is level 20, you will knock the wall down to around level 14, lose all your zerkers, but take out 18,000 defenders.
If I could find a way to post a report as proof of this, I would show you :).

Tokano

Not a Mod
You attacking army in that example is 19,200 provisions and the defending provisions are 72,000.
So that falls into both less provisions and less units. xP

DeletedUser

My itty bitty screenshot exceeds the file limit of 2,000 Q.Q.
I have to correct my statement though. The defending units are not quite 20k each.
18k spears, 17.7k swords, 17.5k archers, 2.1k hc, 250 cats (lol).

55,727 Defender units

18,188 Defender losses

3, 341 Attacking units

3, 341 Attacker losses

Looking at the stats of that, it's horrifying :(.

DeletedUser

Here we go. Thanks Tokano for the links :).

119ryj7.jpg

x52pnc.jpg

DeletedUser990

This seems terribly inefficient. The attacker spent about 13.5 million resources on the troops he lost. And he cost you about 3.5 million worth of resources for your troops and wall levels. That's nearly a 5:1 losing ratio in terms of resources. I have to imagine he did not expect that many defenders.

DeletedUser897

But you would lose far more resources and time if the same hits where made with no zerks and using cavs/axes.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the world of stacking, cities get exponentially harder to crack

DeletedUser897

Thats why you gotta hit them where they have no stackL:)