• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Better Map

DeletedUser

*Allow user to rescale and recolor text of different village types.
*Improve visibility of groups on the map.
*Improve visibility of province boundaries on the map.
*Add map filter to show groups only.
*Add map filter to select and show selected provinces.
*Add village favorites list.
*Add ability to center the map on your villages and favorite villages.
*Let us zoom out even farther.
*Show 100x100 coordinate lines when zoomed out.
*Reduce lag when moving the map.
*Add time last attacked to the mouse-over of barbarian villages you have attacked previously.
*Add option to center the map to be on a selected village or coordinate.

If I think of something else, or someone here does, reply and I'll update this list.

DeletedUser406

I really feel like implementing the map system from tribal wars 1 would be better for this game, this map looks nice but it isn't as effective and is a pain to use if you're trying to locate things on the map. They could keep the names and stuff from how they have it now, but using a minimap that shows larger than what you can already view would help with seeing what is going on

DeletedUser

i made a thread just to say the first part , this one is way much better , i hope they do it .

DeletedUser61

This is a very good idea and I will make sure to bring this up to the developers tomorrow.

DeletedUser

*Add time last attacked to the mouse-over of barbarian villages you have attacked previously.

If I think of something else, or someone here does, reply and I'll update this list.

I especially like the idea of having a favorite Coords. list. If this improvement is considered it MUST be as few clicks as possible. My thoughts are a drop down box with a list of up to 20 or 30 coord. locations available that a player is able to label (I.E. Zing. Province, or Primary Target). But then you have a number of pages. I do not have a specific recommendation for the number of pages because I cannot at this point predict how many "favorite Coords." would be needed.

At present moving around the map is especially difficult. Having 60+ villages spread out over 15 provinces and five kingdoms... (and I know this is only a small example) you have to either click and drag to get around which is very, very laggy, or scroll through your list of villages until you find the one you want which is or can be time consuming.

This idea could be taken a little further by having two such drop down menus. One specifically for a list of the players villages and the other with the capabilities listed here.

DeletedUser

As for map visibility, I believe there could be room for improvement there too. I think that seeing kingdoms in particular should be easier. My vision for this is different colors similar to what you might see in a political map. What I envision is all the provinces in a given kingdom are a shade of a particular color. So that the provinces in one kingdom are different shades of green, and the next kingdom over is all different shades of purple, or orange... you get the idea. I also understand that this is a huge modification to the current map system which is why I think this issue could be addressed and most of your concerns mentioned here with a new "Map Function". One that incorporates this idea, and maybe shows your "Favorite Coords". See my other post in this tread for details on this recommendation.

I think it may be worth selecting/creating "hot-link colors" That is, colors that are "pre-made" and you do not have to move the dot in the color selector. Of course I am speaking specifically about the map generator on the tools site. This may make it just a little bit easier to generate maps with more colors that are easily distinguished from one and other.