• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Caught in the Act

DeletedUser1260

Well as usual there is always a Tribe on every world that will go an ruin their reputation by munching barbs. This world is no exception, but I have to admit the Tribe that did it surprised me. They have such a reputation from other worlds as big bad mama jamas, but I guess they decided to let down their standards on this world. It is really sad when a Tribe has to stoop to this to grow. :confused:

I don't know how the rest of you big bad guys feel about this, but in my opinion it makes a tribe look very weak.
This early in the world when barbarian villages are at a premium and resources are so key to growth and skill points. You are just closing your own tribe off from resources to improve your tribe. :mad:

DeletedUser1260

Yes, but I feel for the Tribes that have Allied or Napd themselves to that type of tribe. Makes them look just as bad allowing that behavior in their agreement. Just makes you wonder if it makes those tribes any better?

Plus this tribe is not used to being so low in the top 10 or have no members in the top10. Are they so desperate to get ahead that they would resort to being a bottom feeder?

DeletedUser255

There is great strength and advantage to be found in locking down a province early on, I completed the 5th province I entered, out on the rim of my world. This allowed me to take on a tribe many ranks above my own.
This game breeds different strategies than the original, and I would say it is no longer wise to underestimate an opponent because of barbs nobled. It is only valid berating them if they cannot face you in battle.

DeletedUser1314

well that's because this world is Tribal hugs, for basically everyone. I talk to a lot of people. any of the top 10, they have have 1 ally and 1 nap also in the top 10, stunting growth. diplomacy is useful, but no that much this early....

DeletedUser1260

Yes Yato and I would agree with you if this tribe was on the rim. :p They are not. When you have members in or near the Center all you are saying is come and take me over, I have no troops. :D

Hug thy neighbor the Top 10 says hmmmmm.

DeletedUser956

For diplomacy in general, early in any world can cause disaster.

It is interesting to hear about diplomacy when this world is still so young.

Diplomacy is usually used to band tribes together for a common goal.

This early there aren't any true 'tribal wars' yet. As such, this can cause issues in growth.

Diplomacy is mainly used for killing off tribes and constant productive growth. You cannot do that if you are naped or allied with all those in your area. It is a really bad idea.

Barb nobling, well that is another matter entirely. I don't really know what to say to that either. Just that I have done so in the past to secure a province, but the world was already several months in before I did it. And I usually have about 3-5 villages in each province before I even do that. I like having a strangle hold on certain provinces. Especially my home provinces.

DeletedUser1314

yes, that's why we're here to give kronburg it's daily does of medicine. these poor players are so sick, can you believe it? nobling barbs and so much diplomacy. it's ok, we have the cure :)

DeletedUser

Your common goal should be to eliminate us before we eliminate you. I have saw the care bear friendly style of this world. Glad we joined a week out this world looks to be an easy win for us.

DeletedUser1314

Your common goal should be to eliminate us before we eliminate you. I have saw the care bear friendly style of this world. Glad we joined a week out this world looks to be an easy win for us.

word is AOD is as huggy as the rest of em, but I do like what you guys have done vs the others

DeletedUser

We have some folks worshipping us that made a tribe dedicated to supporting us. TLJ though them my boys from TLI days gone by they may as well be AoD in my eyes. Loyalty across world's is hard to come by.

DeletedUser956

There is no such thing in this game as a easy win.

You would be surprised by what others have in store for enemies (or allies that turned), it is more common place for players to have play styles that compliment their personalities in real life.

What would you do if your tribe mate (friend) was attacked violently in a world? Or if your friend (or tribe mate) betrayed you?

In real life you would be angry and hurt them as they hurt you.

Even more so if you are a extremely loyal individual. At that end, even if you lost all of your villages you would start over and actively hunt down that individual over and over again. Even going to other worlds to do so. In the end, a betrayed player, or a player helping a friend, is the worst to fight. Because you will take heavier losses

Just because a player has a more passive play style, doesn't mean them incompetent (necessarily) it just means they don't see a reason to fight yet.

This is how I play.

I build up quietly, and don't attack unprovoked. When I am attacked I destroy them.

When I am betrayed I do scorched earth then donate the villages to smaller players as scrap.

DeletedUser956

I don't play this world, I just like watching the posts. Because I think some of you are too much of a 'know it all' to actually know much at all.

Top tribes can change in a instant, top players can topple to their knees. This game can be brutal (and full of drama), or it can be easy going and last a while.

It's up to the players. But really at the end, it's usually diplomacy that wins a world.

As I said before though, you don't do diplomacy at the beginning though.

DeletedUser

We have already proved what there is to prove those that know us know it's not hollow words when we say we will win.

DeletedUser1314

I don't play this world, I just like watching the posts. Because I think some of you are too much of a 'know it all' to actually know much at all.

Top tribes can change in a instant, top players can topple to their knees. This game can be brutal (and full of drama), or it can be easy going and last a while.

It's up to the players. But really at the end, it's usually diplomacy that wins a world.

As I said before though, you don't do diplomacy at the beginning though.

I must say, in my 10 years of tribalwars, I can only agree that top players can falter (because they are not top player material). the rest I have never seen to be held true. it's tribalwars. diplomacy won't win a war. fight, eliminating the weak, and keeping the strongest of your opposition will make you the best. You may win through a merger, but never win through diplomacy. This is my first go at TW2, so perhaps its time to change the status quo.

DeletedUser491

We have some folks worshipping us that made a tribe dedicated to supporting us. TLJ though them my boys from TLI days gone by they may as well be AoD in my eyes. Loyalty across world's is hard to come by.
you would be surprised then.....i find loyalty across worlds is easy to come by if you are respected and revered among your tribemates.

DeletedUser

This isn't our first go at two tho only tribes that can fight us are WTF and RMT.

DeletedUser1260

Well Mario, I can say at least your name is recognizable, your leadership is know from the beginning of the U.S. server. I can honestly say that when you boast, it is not empty like some.
Sometime though even your head gets big ;) I think most winners do. This world will get interesting quick when the nobles start flying farther out.