• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Create A Better Farming Mechanic

DeletedUser2578

The current farming system is a pain to deal with once you get above 20ish villages. You end up spending 30+ minutes sending out your farm waves. In order to keep up with others, you typically need to do this 4-5 times a day. That means spending 2-2.5 hours of your time JUST farming. This method becomes worthless and a massive way to burn people out by the time they reach 80 villages. At that point you limit yourself to how many times you farm a day, as each farm run takes nearly an hour.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I work 50+ hours a week. I don't have the time to just burn two hours a day sending out my farm waves. This method needs a massive rework.
A few suggestions on how to change it:
1. Implement the "button tap" method that TW1 has on mobile. This way all you do is spam a single button, making it a lot faster to farm.
2. Implement a Script method that TW1 also has. I have no idea on why this method wasn't implemented long ago.
3. Implement an option to resend your farm runs automatically once they get back. So you send the first wave manually and you can click how many times you want this wave to keep hitting the farm (Within the launch options).

DeletedUser2056

Good ideas. I would add two more:
1) group farming. If I am in a tribe I should be able coordinate farming runs. Either tribe-level tagging of who is farming what, or share farming runs or last hit (with a tribe) or scroll over and see when the next farming run will be hit by someone else in your tribe. Not only is farming time consuming for the individual but it is just time wasted. I'd guess that more than 80% of the time farming runs never hit capacity or you spend your time sending out hundreds of farming runs only to realize that they came back with little.
2) As an extension of #1 - farming should be linked with reports. Similar to other tribemates being able to see enemy spy reports, people should be able to see farming reports as well. And when i send a farming run I could actually send troops up to capacity.

While farming with a few hundred villas is clearly unmanageable and can take over an hour even with presets, I'd argue that early in the world with just 10-20 villas is even harder. The need for resources is greater, more people are farming, runs are often longer, and the turn around is higher as you try to push out farming waves every hour or so. When any game becomes a grind people start to lose interest.

DeletedUser1211

Instead of banning scripts, TW2 should capitalize on them. Develop scripts that are better than the other ones out there (you know, the ones the cheaters are using anyhow) and charge a small monthly for using them.

DeletedUser2549

this whole game is about farming, if you dont like farming.. your playing the wrong game. ever person i ever play with when they ask me for advice i tell them to farm farm farm. yeah it takes up time. but after you que fake you just farm an talk to your mates.

DeletedUser2590

The biggest barb muncher on F world thinks farming is everything. This aint adding up panty

DeletedUser2549

if you dont know why im taking the villages i'm taking you still have a lot to learn.

DeletedUser2641

this whole game is about farming, if you dont like farming.. your playing the wrong game. ever person i ever play with when they ask me for advice i tell them to farm farm farm. yeah it takes up time. but after you que fake you just farm an talk to your mates.

This is a game of war , if you farm to start with and then clear some players out of your area you should have good villages large enough to not have to send all 50 runs , aslo during war if you play correct you can get enough reserves from enemy villages , to more than replace your losses and still build
And once your mines are a certain level you shouldnt need farm as they should produce enough reserves to even send to other villages or trade on market

DeletedUser1211

Whether we like it or not, there are farming bots and other scripts out there and the people using them have an unfair advantage over those who choose to follow the rules. Inno is not very good at catching the people who are cheating, so in order to make it fair to everyone, they should come up with their own version of farming script (and other scripts) that are as good as or better than the ones the cheaters are using and charge for them. It's not about whether we like farming or not. It's about making it so the people who are following the rules have a chance against the cheaters.

DeletedUser

Its 2018, scripts are well made and undetectable. Anyone who doesn't use them gets screwed because even if you were to farm the same amount of time you were to have it on, second for second, the script would do a better job than you. They also have features that have nothing to do with farming that give you a leg up on the competition. It's really a ridiculous concept. A scripter has pretty much a zero chance of being caught so you are looking at competing against players who have a huge advantage over you because you choose not to cheat. What is the draw not to do it? If you can't police something it doesn't make a lot of sense to make it illegal.

DeletedUser2549

scripts should be legal that i agree with CC. general idc how many villages i have i will always max farm period. MY days in TW1 thought me that much much. this game is built around farming.

DeletedUser

Yeah legalization of scripts. You can't police them and it gives cheaters an advantage. You have a huge scripter problem and no solution so just make it legal.

DeletedUser2158

Its 2018, scripts are well made and undetectable. Anyone who doesn't use them gets screwed because even if you were to farm the same amount of time you were to have it on, second for second, the script would do a better job than you. They also have features that have nothing to do with farming that give you a leg up on the competition. It's really a ridiculous concept. A scripter has pretty much a zero chance of being caught so you are looking at competing against players who have a huge advantage over you because you choose not to cheat. What is the draw not to do it? If you can't police something it doesn't make a lot of sense to make it illegal.
Lol now thats funny looking back at this world