• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Current Top 5 Tribes

Who do you think is going to win the AoD/WTF war?

• AoD

• WTF

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Lol, trust me, we could all see him struggling to fit what you said into a half-baked thought process that suited his needs. That's the point of PnP, though... Not to get personal.

DeletedUser

Is your name Yukio on world 11? You guys are in the same braindead frame of mind. :D

Is that your attempt at finding an out when the fallacy in your statement has been pointed out? I'm disappointed. A decent person would own up and admit that he misspoke or that he was slightly over-stating something to give the statement some added ooommmph, but it seems you prefer to play the victim and claim your statement is being misinterpreted.
I am not surprised anymore that a lot of your people chose to find new homes if this is how leaders in AOD behave.

Tokano

Not a Mod
There wasn't a fallacy in his statement as far as I could tell, Ob1Wan. What Ice said was that instead of fighting your battles, your tribe prefers to recruit their enemies. Even, based on what DC said, going as far as to issue Ice an invitation more than once.

Just because someone denies your request to join them, doesn't mean you didn't attempt to recruit everyone. It seems you're using the Omerta method of trying to win the world. Recruit everyone for padding, eat them when they go inactive, avoid warring at all costs.

DeletedUser465

I can't help but notice, only 3 messages, and they are all here. I can easily say the same thing about the people in WTF by your logic and say wow everyone in WTF must be drones without a day of english class behind them. However I am not that blind and this is obviously an isolated incident. I'm sorry you are failing to comprehend what has been said and can only hope you can learn from this experience.

DeletedUser

There wasn't a fallacy in his statement as far as I could tell, Ob1Wan. What Ice said was that instead of fighting your battles, your tribe prefers to recruit their enemies. Even, based on what DC said, going as far as to issue Ice an invitation more than once.

If he used the qualifier SOME, there would have been no fallacy in the statement. Unfortunately, he used everyone EVERYONE which means 100%. Just one player who we are at war with that never got invited or recruited makes the statement false and there are dozens of those. That is basic logic. You can choose to ask any logician if you don't believe me.

Just because someone denies your request to join them, doesn't mean you didn't attempt to recruit everyone. It seems you're using the Omerta method of trying to win the world. Recruit everyone for padding, eat them when they go inactive, avoid warring at all costs.

Ice was invited? By whom? As far as I know, the council has a list of people that we wouldn't want in the tribe and that includes Ice and Mario.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Perhaps a grammatical fallacy, but certainly not a logical fallacy, Ob1Wan. The logic behind Ice's statement was very clear and you've done nothing to deny it; even admitting to it to some extent.

Also if you actually read my post thoroughly you would see that I said "Even, based on what DC said". That seems to indicate that I learned of Ice being invited from something DC said in a previous post.

However, I will agree with you; I wouldn't want Mario in my tribe either. That fact that Ice ever let him into his tribe makes me want to vomit.

DeletedUser

I can't help but notice, only 3 messages, and they are all here. I can easily say the same thing about the people in WTF by your logic and say wow everyone in WTF must be drones without a day of english class behind them. However I am not that blind and this is obviously an isolated incident. I'm sorry you are failing to comprehend what has been said and can only hope you can learn from this experience.

Yeah, only 3 message. I only started playing in this world and I had no plans of creating a forum account. I changed my mind when somebody who has been playing the game has been spouting nonsense.
You have been playing this game for a long time and should know by now that just because a player has been invited/recruited by a tribe, that player will go to the recruiting tribe. The player's decision depends on a his/her happiness with his/her current tribe. If he is having fun in his tribe, if he likes the people in the tribe, if his tribe is doing good by him, if he sees his tribe as something that will stick by him, no amount of recruiting can force him to leave.
If he is unhappy, if he feels he is just being used, if he feels he is being left out, unsupported, unwanted, ignored, very little is needed to get him to change tribes.
I've been in WTF since DCS merged with them and I can count the number of players who left us and switched tribes in one hand. That says a lot how much our members like to be in our tribe. I doubt AOD can say the same.
You cannot claim that the player is disloyal if you haven't earned the person's loyalty. If you don't teach/help/guide him, if you do not listen to him, if you just used him as a source of support troops and don't give him anything other than having the right to call himself 'A Member of the great big tribe!', he isn't going to have any loyalty to you or your tribe. That's been the constant feedback that we got from people who left your tribe. AOD didn't support them, they only got requests for support troops and donations.
If you don't want your members leaving your tribe, take care of them and earn their loyalty. Don't assume that just because they got the AOD badge they are going to be happy in your tribe even if you treat them like sh!t.

DeletedUser

Perhaps a grammatical fallacy, but certainly not a logical fallacy, Ob1Wan. The logic behind Ice's statement was very clear and you've done nothing to deny it; even admitting to it to some extent.

I am not denying that some of our members came from tribes that were at war with us. That's not a secret. I am not even going to claim getting enemies into our side isn't going to make it easier to win the server, that is also true FOR ALL TRIBES that happen to get an enemy to switch sides. What I am contesting is the fallacy of the EVERYONE claim and his implication that this is a dirty tactic.
Fact is, it's a good tactic especially if the player you are recruiting has earned your respect. After all, all tribes wants to have good players. It is also a hell of a lot better than telling your own allies to merge or die (which is how we got some of TPL's leaders to request invites to join our tribe).

Also if you actually read my post thoroughly you would see that I said "Even, based on what DC said". That seems to indicate that I learned of Ice being invited from something DC said in a previous post.

However, I will agree with you; I wouldn't want Mario in my tribe either. That fact that Ice ever let him into his tribe makes me want to vomit.

As I said, I have no idea about Ice being invited. I don't even know if it's a serious invitation or if whoever he was talking to was just joking.

Tokano

Not a Mod
So what you're saying is that Ice's claims have merit but you're going to disagree and try to dispute it based on syntax and extremely literal definitions? That's pedantic and obnoxious, Ob1Wan. I thought you were at least going to pretend like your tribe was attempting to win through skillful players and village conquers, not hugging. Also, I was unaware that Ice implied that your Tribal Hugging was a dirty trick, I thought he was more lamenting that you'd rather try to take the easy win instead of working for it. He more-or-less said that your tactic was boring, not dirty.

Regardless of if the invitation was a joke or not, that is still an invitation. Thus, your attempt at recruiting everyone and anyone isn't limited and it makes you look like Omerta.

DeletedUser465

I'm not even going to bother explaining anything that he spouted toward me about "AOD". Mario, the main figure of the tribe, is gone. I was given the stone a couple weeks ago, post your tribe 'recruiting unhappy people'. On a now dead world, i've no interest in trying to revive or recruit back people with notions of how anything was run, especially from an outsiders point of view.
I'll see you on another world perhaps, when my nobles come knocking.

DeletedUser1179

You cannot claim that the player is disloyal if you haven't earned the person's loyalty. If you don't teach/help/guide him, if you do not listen to him, if you just used him as a source of support troops and don't give him anything other than having the right to call himself 'A Member of the great big tribe!', he isn't going to have any loyalty to you or your tribe. That's been the constant feedback that we got from people who left your tribe. AOD didn't support them, they only got requests for support troops and donations.
If you don't want your members leaving your tribe, take care of them and earn their loyalty. Don't assume that just because they got the AOD badge they are going to be happy in your tribe even if you treat them like sh!t.

I must say I couldn't help but respond to this part of your statement since it sounds familiar to me, considering it is what my former ZHA leaders were saying when they left AOD and joined WTF. I have never felt compelled to post on the forum before until this moment because I know that there are always two sides to a story. People are making like it was demanded of them specifically to send out support troops when that couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone was asked to help support members that needed it not just one specific person or groups of people. As far as donations, people gave what they could, no one was ever told you had to donate a specific amount. What gets me most is that when all is said and done, this world won't be won based on a battle where the best tribe won, it will be based on the politics more than anything else and considering this is supposed to be a war game I just think that's pretty sad. Both tribes have lost members because of this, members who just up and quit the world all together, some may have even quit the game. You can't look at things from a one sided point of view.

DeletedUser1253

I must say I couldn't help but respond to this part of your statement since it sounds familiar to me, considering it is what my former ZHA leaders were saying when they left AOD and joined WTF. I have never felt compelled to post on the forum before until this moment because I know that there are always two sides to a story. People are making like it was demanded of them specifically to send out support troops when that couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone was asked to help support members that needed it not just one specific person or groups of people. As far as donations, people gave what they could, no one was ever told you had to donate a specific amount. What gets me most is that when all is said and done, this world won't be won based on a battle where the best tribe won, it will be based on the politics more than anything else and considering this is supposed to be a war game I just think that's pretty sad. Both tribes have lost members because of this, members who just up and quit the world all together, some may have even quit the game. You can't look at things from a one sided point of view.

I'm confused, when ZHA was merging you were one of the members talking about having to support the core and asked me to walk you through how to recall them all. You were afraid that if you left tribe all of your support troops would disappear. I restrained from laughing and calmly walked you through it but you ended up staying with AOD thinking this was some mass 9/11 conspiracy or something, I might still have the messages.

War is politics. I have no idea why anyone on earth tries to separate the two. In game and out of game, they are politics. If you think the two are in any way different then you have already lost and have a very long learning road to travel. When I first played this game I thought like you did then I got crushed by TLI on US4. Took some political word play but eventually got into TLI and became a wrecking ball. That's when I learned politics were infinitely more powerful than troops.

The biggest thing people on this map have overlooked are internal issues. They (AOD/TWD/IM and some WTF leaders) are quick to point the finger at enemy tribes but they always completely and utterly fail to look at their own leadership to see what they could have done better. When someone leaves or stabs me in the back or goes inactive or leaves game for whatever reason I immediately ask myself what "I" could have done better to prevent that. Perhaps I could have been more personal with the person to see if there was a life issue I would help with? Maybe I should have had him/her in more OPS? Did I support the person enough? ect. ect. The most common answer I receive when I ask if someone wants to change they immediately cite leadership failures. Off the top of my head I can only thing of one person who had a different reason. Now your leadership downfall began with Tamtam and spun out of control once you guys thought starting on "K" world was a good idea, this pulled a ton of your attention away from the war here. NEVER move your tribe to another world when you're not even close to winning a war and then blame anyone but yourself. Every time I saw AOD take a misstep like that I just shook my head and then laughed when they blamed us for their lack of success.

I glanced over the other posts and it looks like some pointing over inviting people blah blah blah, irrelevant. You can blame me for all of it. Even if I didn't do it, it's ok, I'll still sleep at night.

Also... plot twist: more people in AOD want you rimmed than WTF, so to reiterate, internal issues, not enemy issues.

DeletedUser

You only joined TLI on us4? You missed all the fun people.

Yes politics is a part of war, in all honesty though, it shouldn't be in this, grudges are held so hard across worlds its funny.

DeletedUser1179

I'm confused, when ZHA was merging you were one of the members talking about having to support the core and asked me to walk you through how to recall them all. You were afraid that if you left tribe all of your support troops would disappear. I restrained from laughing and calmly walked you through it but you ended up staying with AOD thinking this was some mass 9/11 conspiracy or something, I might still have the messages.

Also... plot twist: more people in AOD want you rimmed than WTF, so to reiterate, internal issues, not enemy issues.

Hmmm I don't recall messaging you and if I did it doesn't really matter, but to address some of the things you said, I will say this when ZHA merged with AOD I was still very new to this game and even when they chose to merge with WTF I was just starting to learn how to be in charge of ops. I don't think it was so much that I was afraid of anything it was more like I had a feeling that the entire move was based on things that were not true and it was later confirmed to me that I was right. Your tribe claims that you are supposed to help, teach and guide your members yet you clearly don't do that if you had to restrain yourself from laughing at any question I may or may not have asked you. I am not embarrassed to admit that much of what I know now I didn't know then nor am I embarrassed to admit that I am still learning. The most important thing I learned is that this is a game, bottom line. Maybe in real life war situations of course politics are involved but they have no place in a game. So to reiterate what I was stating in my original post, this world will not be won on the merit of whose tribe was ultimately the best but more on other "political" facts. Oh and I have to say that your plot twist is a little on the weak side, if you are trying to plant any seeds of distrust in my head, I already know more than you think I do.

Newsflash: If anyone wants me rimmed, I don't really care and they are more then welcome to try, I do believe some of your members tried before and failed.

DeletedUser1253

Hmmm I don't recall messaging you and if I did it doesn't really matter, but to address some of the things you said, I will say this when ZHA merged with AOD I was still very new to this game and even when they chose to merge with WTF I was just starting to learn how to be in charge of ops. I don't think it was so much that I was afraid of anything it was more like I had a feeling that the entire move was based on things that were not true and it was later confirmed to me that I was right. Your tribe claims that you are supposed to help, teach and guide your members yet you clearly don't do that if you had to restrain yourself from laughing at any question I may or may not have asked you. I am not embarrassed to admit that much of what I know now I didn't know then nor am I embarrassed to admit that I am still learning. The most important thing I learned is that this is a game, bottom line. Maybe in real life war situations of course politics are involved but they have no place in a game. So to reiterate what I was stating in my original post, this world will not be won on the merit of whose tribe was ultimately the best but more on other "political" facts. Oh and I have to say that your plot twist is a little on the weak side, if you are trying to plant any seeds of distrust in my head, I already know more than you think I do.

Newsflash: If anyone wants me rimmed, I don't really care and they are more then welcome to try, I do believe some of your members tried before and failed.

It's a game... where tribes fight each other... you can ally/NAP/enemy each other... with multiple sides to a war... but only 1 tribe can win... and you don't think there will be politics? I almost stopped reading at the ZHA propaganda, I'm happy I hung in long enough for that one. The next one was even better. You think you can judge every tribes "merit" to win the map. That's almost as good as Mario who had 1 million offensive bash judging who on the map is a "real fighter." If you guys have the "merit" to win then maybe 90% of your players I attack shouldn't go inactive or ask to join WTF within 2 days of my reals. Maybe they should learn what a church is. Maybe they should figure out what key bindings are. Maybe they should learn how to pull support. On and on and on... AOD has not had as many silly mistakes as TWD did in their 3 weeks of life against us but they still have significant issues aside from 7 players.

DeletedUser1179

I'm really not the type of person who judges people, so I don't know where in my post you would say that I am judging anyone. I am simply stating a fact that with all the so called politics involved this world will simply be won on that not on who was the better tribe. I noticed a long time ago that you enjoy being argumentative especially on the forums, I however would rather not because I believe actions speak louder than words. With that being said perhaps we shall meet on the field of battle one of these days. You take care :rolleyes::D

DeletedUser1253

I'm really not the type of person who judges people, so I don't know where in my post you would say that I am judging anyone. I am simply stating a fact that with all the so called politics involved this world will simply be won on that not on who was the better tribe. I noticed a long time ago that you enjoy being argumentative especially on the forums, I however would rather not because I believe actions speak louder than words. With that being said perhaps we shall meet on the field of battle one of these days. You take care :rolleyes::D

Jesus, you don't know what a context clue is either? When you are talking about tribes winning based on "merit" it implies you are judging them for their level of "merit." You are obviously judging merit because you aren't looking at stats. If you look at stats, WTF is the clear victor. If you look at anything else you need to use a level of judgment that removes the stats.

I've seen you in dozens of threads, you are not only argumentative to your tribemates but you are condescending and whenever someone talks back to you, you try and get them banned or kicked out of the tribe. That is your version of action. Your version of action on the field is being easily beaten by ZHA players then moving all the way north to hide in AOD's northern core and then brag about how you have not been beaten. I somehow think I'll do ok against you, aside from the massive morale penalty.