• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Diplomacy colors of villages not showing up on map randomly

DeletedUser984

So I'm playing on US6 with google chrome (latest updates and whatnot). I've found that seemingly randomly, villages of people in my tribe or in our enemy tribe show up orange (neutral) on the map view instead of blue or red as they should. I've had this bug confirmed by one or two others in my tribe. I've seen a single village that's orange (neutral) in a province where the rest of the villages of the same player are all red (as they should be)

DeletedUser

never had this issue, but the blue for tribemates has always been too close to the grey for barbs, makes it hard to tell the difference...

DeletedUser920

If you don't mind me asking, do the other colors look normal or do just the villages of teammates and such look off?

I only ask because when I updated my video drivers the colors seemed to settle down

DeletedUser491

If you don't mind me asking, do the other colors look normal or do just the villages of teammates and such look off?

I only ask because when I updated my video drivers the colors seemed to settle down

i am not exactly sure what his problem is specifically cause i don't have it but it seems to me the way he said it that some enemy villas were red and then villas owned by the same person right next to the other red villas are showing a different color---which would be a graphical glitch

again that is my interpretation i will wait for his reply to see if that is what it is.....

DeletedUser

Were the villages that are not red/blue already owned by that player when you logged on?
If not I know a lot of games require you to rf for villages/cities taken during a session to change to the correct colour, I would suggest simply rfing and seeing if that fixes the problem, the next time it comes up.

DeletedUser984

KLuv's got it right. I'm having a hard time consistently repeating the problem (seems to be random) but will occasionally show enemy player (or ally player) villages as orange (the same color as a village with no diplomacy). Doesn't seem to correlate to new village acquisitions but has appeared at least 3-5 times now for me.

Not sure when I'll run into the issue again but will try to take a screenshot when I do (been pretty busy the past week so haven't been on much to catch it happen again). The only thing I can think of at the moment is that my internet connection is not fantastic, so wondering if it has something to do with loading of the villages on the map. For instance, if some villages load fine but then when I pan, if others don't. Could explain how some players have villages with the glitch and other villages without. Just a guess though. The bug seems to fix on refresh, but scares the crap out of me when I see my villages intertwined with an ally's that I'm suddenly convinced is no longer an ally.

DeletedUser920

I know its a pain but without our players help we will not be one of the best games out there to play, thanks

DeletedUser984

Village_Glitch.png
Caught it! All of these villages are enemy owned (same tribe). The GB## villages are even owned by the same player.

DeletedUser920

I have been seeing more and more of these color issues. I have cleared my web browser's cache and it cleared up but came back.

DeletedUser

Its tied in with lag I believe, the map loads the cities and names firsts, than goes and than colours the names according to tribe diplomacy, so if someone changed tribes while u were on u can see different colours for their cities if checking different areas, but also if it lags too the colours take noticeable time to show up, if at all.

DeletedUser

Update 1.50 includes this bug fix (Check beta forum for a full listing for it :p)
Another rare case in which villages owned by a player's Tribe mates, allies, or enemies showed the color orange rather than their corresponding colors has been resolved.