• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Drawbacks to VP worlds

trapper

Spearman
I know Inno is in this to make money and I don't want to beat a dead horse but this is the problem I see with VP worlds:

It frustrates tribe members once tribal vp points start getting above about 1000. There are less barbs to loot and more collisions in taking barbs between members of the same tribe.

It becomes monotonous to just take barb after barb, so after a while, a bunch of people decide they don't want to play and that prolongs it for your more consistent players.

Tribe leaders have to continually take those players and internalize them. Being a tribe leader is just an annoyance, at that point. They're no longer into the game because it takes too much of their time in what I would call 'useless maintenance.'

When players start to get really big, the only other players left gain such an advantage, it becomes ridiculous to try and take player villages. Plus, the noble walk time is much greater for those player villages. With the way vp points spread us out, it becomes a real hassle to wage war and that is what this game is all about.

This is just my opinion but it may be why you will lose players and have already lost players to other companies out there.

Upwards

Spearman
I think it's pretty futile complaining about VP worlds at this point, many others before you have already brought up these points. I think it's apparent that Inno doesn't necessarily care about our opinions on their game. To be honest I think VP would be an okay format if the playerbase here wasn't so small.

The thing about crossfire isn't on Inno either, that's just players failing to take the time and effort to go to the claims forums in game and read through and make sure they aren't going to send at a village that is already claimed, they make it hard for themselves, some people don't even claim properly or at all. Doesn't even take 5 minutes to check or to post a claim yet I still see it happen all the time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Internalizing is important when keeping up good pace while waging war, but I've noticed on most VP worlds here on the US servers is that once the early game is over there isn't any more fighting to be done, just a few people on the rim but really it turns into a munchfest pretty quick. No need to waste noble slots on AFK players if there is no war, their vp count won't go up but it also won't go down so I don't really see the point unless it's quick vp for active players. The morale system is to keep big players from rolling over smaller players, but after a certain point (unless the small player is getting massive support) the troop difference is too much and the smaller player will lose just because they can't keep up with troop production.

anyway I am just going to reiterate that I think the main problem with these worlds isn't the VP mechanic, but really just how small the playerbase is. Inno has a ton of other games that bring in money, and I don't think this one has been their cash cow for awhile (or ever??) so the effort they put in here is minimal.

trapper

Spearman
Yeah, but I'd still like an answer from them, so here we are. I know people spend massive amounts monthly on this particular game. If it wasn't making them loads of money, it would have been discontinued by now. But people like playing tw2, so we'll see what the company has to say.

Upwards

Spearman
Yeah, but I'd still like an answer from them, so here we are. I know people spend massive amounts monthly on this particular game. If it wasn't making them loads of money, it would have been discontinued by now. But people like playing tw2, so we'll see what the company has to say.

Inno won't say anything, they never do

ArbitraryCamel

Spearman
We've brought the VP targets down on older worlds from the extremely high targets, and we've reduced the targets on new worlds to closer to realistic levels. We'll keep adjusting based on feedback but changes need a plethora of evidence that can only be built up over time. There's only so much we can do, especially on 200 member tribe worlds, so hopefully you should be starting to see more balance VP targets.

I'm only a mod, but I'm pretty sure Inno would like to continue to attract and retain new players, however I'm not sure we can force people to come play the game :D

ArbitraryCamel

Spearman
200 member for a tribe is crazy..... Be lucky to have 100 active players a server by the end

Fully agree, the problem is that the option is still there, and it's unlikely a world will be offered where a tribe could realistically win the world within a month or so by spamming 200 members and get 4 or 5 VP each.

DeletedUser2994

200 members in a tribe is crazy. 40 members limits and 1k VP at maximum I recommend

trapper

Spearman
40 member limits is the crazy thing in a VP world. Try 80 and 1kVP... most people don't like vp because of the metrics of the game. Never seen you on the servers, dio. And I've been playing a long time.

200 members in a tribe is crazy. 40 members limits and 1k VP at maximum I recommend

fun time

Berserker
They started doing 1,400 around Queen server then went back 2k when CAPT C took a break from being head mod. I think 60 for 1.2 or 1.4 is good for a VP world. Thing about having more then 60 members more inactive to deal with. When you report a inactive coop you will get a temp ban on yourself for logging in to that account.... This happen to me and i never even touched his troops. I Feel that when you report a inactive they should barb out that player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2994

40 member limits is the crazy thing in a VP world. Try 80 and 1kVP... most people don't like vp because of the metrics of the game. Never seen you on the servers, dio. And I've been playing a long time.
No, its actually not that hard for 1k VP. I had done it 2k VP with 50 members back in 2018. But anything higher than 1k right now that is a problem. You forgot the player number is higher than whats right now.
I have name change few times now to a point people dont recognize me. Also, I dont play VP anymore after Queen ended

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-04-02 01-03-15-549.jpg
    bandicam 2021-04-02 01-03-15-549.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

trapper

Spearman
No, its actually not that hard for 1k VP. I had done it 2k VP with 50 members back in 2018. But anything higher than 1k right now that is a problem. You forgot the player number is higher than whats right now.
I have name change few times now to a point people dont recognize me. Also, I dont play VP anymore after Queen ended
Ahhhh... queen's scone. got catted down many times. LOL