• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Dying Game

DeletedUser

A majority of players already know that this game is dying. As a Tw1 and Tw2 Vet, I hate to see this game die. There are a few major things causing the death of this game.
1. Huge tribes. - In almost all recent worlds, There are only 3-4 Major tribes that are fighting for dominance. Most worlds are now decided in the first 2-3 months. World R pretty much has a winner, unless inactivity hits. These tribes normally drop mad cash to pump out tribe skills. Which with #1 & #2, makes TW2 a Cash Cow game, Until it dies. Which at this rate, maybe another year or two.
2. Worlds Opening Too Early. - Worlds open up every month, which is KILLING this game the most. If you get rimmed early on a world, you leave it and go to a new world. This is drastically killing every server.

My suggestions to fixing this dying game are as follows
1. Limit the amount of XP crowns can do to tribe skills.
2. Lower Tribe member limit to 60-100. This will increase the world by 1 year or more.
3. Open a new world every 3 months instead of one. This allows rimmed players to find a new tribe on the rim and grow easier. Gaining more experience along the way. At this current rate, new players are getting smashed in the core and quitting, never to return.
4. Add an actual end game, Such as fortress as promised in 2014.
5. Add a verity of worlds (Speed, No Loot, No Faith, 2x Pit Income, Ect.). This will keep the game interesting, as players are always willing to learn and play a new version of an old game. *Hint Hint Re-Mastered Modern Warfare 1*
6. Rebalance the use of crowns on buildings/troops. Ex. Make it so it's a time shortener and not an insta-complete.

For decreasing tribe member limit on current worlds, There are a few options or that.
1. Let them finish the world out with 200 member limit.
2. Give them a month to kick members down to the selected limit (Not my favorite)
3. If the tribe is over the selected tribe limit, stop their ability to add more. With in-actives, this is the best suggestions to slowly trim the fat.

By doing these, TW2 can make even more cash than currently, As new players are sticking around, more tribes to crown up, less XP for tribe levels causing players to crown even more. This gives both the game and the cash cow a way to survive longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1573

the tribal limit could be negotiable, maybe even different servers different numbers until the right setting is found...i like the idea of 80 to be honest, but another good idea is speed rounds, or just different servers with different ideas like the speed round
maybe one where defense is buffed way up so the turtles are harder to fester out & yet you need less defense to hold a villa so you can make more offensive villages. not giving that as a suggestion necessarily just another example, something to spice it up a little

DeletedUser2131

That's not a bad idea to keep the veteran players around who understand the game at a deeper level, but I think a large part of the issue is a high turnover rate among new players.
Keep newer players, and I expect you'd keep the vets as well.

DeletedUser

I've updated the post with suggestions you guys have made.

DeletedUser1993

This is a solid list. 60-80 tribe member limit would be good. I hope we actually get a response for this instead of getting ignored like how similar suggestions have been in the past.

DeletedUser

This is a solid list. 60-80 tribe member limit would be good. I hope we actually get a response for this instead of getting ignored like how similar suggestions have been in the past.
Id love to say that this suggestion would get reviewed and passed on by moderators to the developers, but so many times when people speak up for ways to make the game more fair and more balanced, the ideas are shut down or the thread abruptly closed, to cut off any sort of conversation about it. I wish you luck on your suggestion :) I like it. I approve. Its a step beyond my proposal, which was closed without any input from anyone but one other person :)

cokky

Berserker
even a tweak of the way it is now and putting the 200 on the very top of the pyramid and only go to 100 in the first level at the max so tribe size 100-200 at level 48 or so make it real expensive too so that the only practical way to get there is to farm it on a very very mature world. Then it could be done as a team effort sort of thing.

DeletedUser2291

2. Lower Tribe member limit to 60-100. This will increase the world by 1 year or more.

SO true... sugessetions how to fix

1. give all tribe 1 month to kick members to the limit
2. make the tribe skill 10>20>30>40 and os on (this will encourage more group team play)
3. take back the no merge rule

I cant beleive this was just posted yesterday if you look at every single map in tribal was top tribes have 75% domination

DeletedUser

Th No merger rule has a place in the current 200 member tribe. If we drop down to 60-100, I do agree that a no merger rule to win (At that point) will need to be removed. The community had a very positive reaction to the poll as to keeping the rule.

DeletedUser1179

Id love to say that this suggestion would get reviewed and passed on by moderators to the developers, but so many times when people speak up for ways to make the game more fair and more balanced, the ideas are shut down or the thread abruptly closed, to cut off any sort of conversation about it. I wish you luck on your suggestion :) I like it. I approve. Its a step beyond my proposal, which was closed without any input from anyone but one other person :)

Any suggestions that the community makes is passed on I can assure you of that.

DeletedUser

Personally with the tech tree i would love to see it way more diversived and with way more tech, i believe ive made a suggestion like it before but i would love to see it become where each tribe is truly unique in thier combat abilites, (like make focuses on recruitment or just resource gathering, some make certain defenders stronger and others make certain offences stronger)

for Example
in Tier one you have make axes 10% stronger, increase all resources production by 10%, Increase spear man defense by 10%, decrease recruitment cost by 10%

Tier 2 decrease coin prices, Increase ware house capabilities by 20%, increase population of villas by 10%, increase Church effectiveness by 10%

Just some examples but the point is make a lot more options (like 100+ options) and make them like unit specific. or if they are broad make them much smaller. so as to make tribes very diverse.

Also i would love to see tribes of like 40 because i think there would be a lot more tiny wars not full scale type wars.

Found my other thread that has some very similar ideas to these https://us.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/a-new-world-type.1726/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With the latest 3 worlds closing, there are now only 4 open worlds. The game needs to be extended... 4 open worlds with 1 that just opened is too low of a number. We're finishing these worlds too fast due to the massive amount of players in 1 tribe.
Also, You said this was forwarded KIKI, Yet I don't see the forwarded tag added to this forum.

DeletedUser1179

Just because a tag isn't added, that doesn't mean that it hasn't been sent over.

DeletedUser465

I could feel out the tribe member level dropping to a max of 5 points vs the 10 it is currently allotted.
As for the other post about more diversity between tribes, yes, you can easily break that up into many many more options, however that would require a lot of code work, haha. Would be some time before they rolled that out. The team isn't a large team.

DeletedUser

Is there any way we can get a community poll on decreasing tribe member limit?