• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Espionage

DeletedUser394

How do you know if your spies are discovered by the defender? Is it when all your spies die AND the mission fails? Is there some type of icon? Tried to search for these specific points but everthing is kinda vague.

Whats the deference between each spy? I read that some believe spy 5 is the strongest then 4, 3, 2 ,1 etc.. Is this meaning spy 5 has a higher chance to be successful when you add him to a mission than a lower spy? Has there been any released information in regards to % success of espionage missions based on which or how many spies you use? And what influence does upgrading a Tavern have? Does it help in spy defense? Or is there just to look pretty?

Tokano

Not a Mod
In the order you asked them in:

• You will get a report that says "Your spies were caught in X".
• No, your mission can fail even if some of your spies live. When you send your spies and the majority dies (over 50%) the mission can fail.
• There is an icon. Red means your spy died, counter measures were triggered to skew the report, or the enemy caught your spies. Green means everything went according to plan.
• To my knowledge, all the spies are the same. There are people out there who probably have a better idea on this than I do, since I don't send out a whole lot of spies.
• No, there has been no official release detailing the %'s. I can say with confidence that it's a dynamic range and not a fixed percentage. If your spies out number theirs, you're going to have the upper-hand. If your spies are outnumbered, the defender is going to have the upper-hand. The defending tavern will force each of your spies to fight one of the defending spies. Even if none exist, they still fight them. It's like Fight Club for your spies.
• Upgrading your tavern unlocks spies and gives you a higher chance to catch/kill enemy spies sent at your village. Again, there is no official detail release on this.

DeletedUser394

That clears up some questions thanks Tokano.

One more, why do you get a report with casualties (drop of blood) when none of you spies die and it doesn't say give any indication if your spies were caught or not.

Tokano

Not a Mod
That means that you tripped their counter measures. The report isn't 100% accurate. It could mean that you didn't see supporting units, units out farming, or you're seeing a much larger army than they actually have.

DeletedUser394

So the Rundown for Espionage missions reports is:

1. Green Flag - Units/Buildings in (village name) were spied - 100% true, Mission Successful
2. Drop of Blood - Units/Buildings in (village name) were spied - Countermeasures activated by defender even without any spies dying, report could have false information, Mission compromised
3. Skull Crossbones on Red - Your spies failed to spy on (village name) - Mission failed, Your spies were caught and died.

The titles and icons to these reports need to be changes to better reflect the 3 possible out comes of as 1-2, are not clear enough to a beginning player. Unless you have a green flag, you shouldn't trust the report.