• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

'Fish Pond' Tribes - Fair Play??

DeletedUser

I have encountered what I believe is a violation of the Fair Play rule of this game..
In Eremitage, 'Hell and Highwater' (HnH) Tribe was begun over 100 sectors away from the Founder and #2 player in the Tribe.. It is VERY apparent that the sole purpose of the Tribe was to invite newer players into the tribe and get them playing this game long enough to acquire other cities and grow those cities larger and then once they are sufficiently large for another Tribe to come in and take the cities from these unsuspecting players..('Fish Pond' - put small fish into a pond, let them multiply & grow - then harvest them)..
The Tribes' Founder 'brianthegreat' and #2 in the tribe 'FederalCord' are deep inside Guardian of the Galaxy (GOG) territory and began the new Tribe 'Hell and Highwater' - I believe - for the purpose of acquiring those members' cities for GOG once they got large enough.. I was once in HnH and I was smart enough to get out when I saw that there was no leadership, guidance, or teaching (everything a person who joins a Tribe believes they should get).. In the last couple weeks, GOG has invaded HnH Provinces and the leadership (deep inside GOG territory) instructed them to fight back - probably knowing the GOG players were much higher ranking & the unsuspecting players would waste all their troops and leave their villages even more undefended (and ripe for the taking).. It is also VERY apparent that while this was going on that neither the Founder (brianthegreat), or the #2 (FederalCord) was ever attacked by GOG - or ever attacked GOG (as you would normally expect to happen when your other Tribe members are battling for their villages)..
This is plainly a 'set-up' for expansion by GOG and it should be dealt with by the moderators or devs.. I have seen many players of HnH quit playing because of this 'unfair playing' and soliciting new players into a 'Fish Pond' Tribe.. I realize that TW2 is a 'fair game' and I also realize that the longer players play the more apt they are to spend cash to advance their villages..
This action by GOG & HnH leadership has caused many players to quit this game that they may have played for some time..
I am asking for action to be taken against this violation of 'Fair Play' and perhaps the Game Rules to be amended to include this violation for future issues..

DeletedUser61

Thank you for bring this to our attention however what you have described is not a violation of the "Fair Play" rule as described below:
Fair-play

Please treat other players with the same level of respect with which you would like to be treated. Following the rules helps to create a fun and fair environment for everyone.
We reserve the right to exclude anyone from the game. Bans may be appealed via the Support System.
Tricking other players into breaking the rules will be punished. If you believe someone is breaking the rules, you may contact the support team by (instructions to help). Then, follow the steps that come up to report the person(s).
Knowingly benefiting from another player breaking the rules is prohibited and can result in your punishment. If you think you have benefited from a breach of rules, you must report this.
Please be aware that we do not refund Crowns to players who are banned for breaking the rules.

There are no rules being broken. This is sadly considered strategy. Sometimes something even like a migration will leave players left to fend for themselves. When selecting a tribe it's important for all players to know what tribe they are joining and to ask questions.

In the recent days you may have noticed that we have created new threads to each world that allows players and leaders of tribes to post recruitment messages in hopes that new players will/should take the time to visit the forums and see what the community has to say about what tribe. Tribes as you described above may not work out in the long run however they are not breaking the rules by recruiting members and then nobling them. I am glad that you were able to catch on before this affected you and what you could do to help these other players is notify them and hopefully they will see whats going on as well.

Remember Tribal Wars 2 is a strategy based game always make sure you are looking out for what matters the most (your villages) as one day a friend can be an enemy.

DeletedUser

Set up a tribe to grow cities for you to conquer??? Such Douche... me like ^_^

DeletedUser

After being informed of this post, it was obvious I was going to need to respond to set the record straight. I am #2 in GoG, and assure you the last thing we need to do is create a fish pond strategy. We internally noble in actives as many tribes do, but that is no violation either. As for HnH, no such arrangement exists. To be honest the time requirement to oversee something like that would far exceed the reward at the end. If we want villages, we take them.

I have encountered what I believe is a violation of the Fair Play rule of this game..
In Eremitage, 'Hell and Highwater' (HnH) Tribe was begun over 100 sectors away from the Founder and #2 player in the Tribe.. It is VERY apparent that the sole purpose of the Tribe was to invite newer players into the tribe and get them playing this game long enough to acquire other cities and grow those cities larger and then once they are sufficiently large for another Tribe to come in and take the cities from these unsuspecting players..('Fish Pond' - put small fish into a pond, let them multiply & grow - then harvest them)..
The Tribes' Founder 'brianthegreat' and #2 in the tribe 'FederalCord' are deep inside Guardian of the Galaxy (GOG) territory and began the new Tribe 'Hell and Highwater' - I believe - for the purpose of acquiring those members' cities for GOG once they got large enough.. I was once in HnH and I was smart enough to get out when I saw that there was no leadership, guidance, or teaching (everything a person who joins a Tribe believes they should get).. In the last couple weeks, GOG has invaded HnH Provinces and the leadership (deep inside GOG territory) instructed them to fight back - probably knowing the GOG players were much higher ranking & the unsuspecting players would waste all their troops and leave their villages even more undefended (and ripe for the taking).. It is also VERY apparent that while this was going on that neither the Founder (brianthegreat), or the #2 (FederalCord) was ever attacked by GOG - or ever attacked GOG (as you would normally expect to happen when your other Tribe members are battling for their villages)..
This is plainly a 'set-up' for expansion by GOG and it should be dealt with by the moderators or devs.. I have seen many players of HnH quit playing because of this 'unfair playing' and soliciting new players into a 'Fish Pond' Tribe.. I realize that TW2 is a 'fair game' and I also realize that the longer players play the more apt they are to spend cash to advance their villages..
This action by GOG & HnH leadership has caused many players to quit this game that they may have played for some time..
I am asking for action to be taken against this violation of 'Fair Play' and perhaps the Game Rules to be amended to include this violation for future issues..

Now I can better respond to this message. You would be shocked how often it happens when the leader of a tribe orders their members to attack without knowing what they are actually up against. For the most part, if we hold no treaty with another tribe, their members are fair game for conquest with approval. That was the case in this instance. No declaration of war, merely expansion. The fact the leader of that tribe ordered his members to attack back was another fact of life, and was expected which is how conquest through defense was performed.

Now for the second part, the accusation the tribe HnH was a "fish pond" tribe. Until that day, we held no negotiations with them at all. During the war, we conquered many villages, accepted in a few players, and left many others completely untouched for the reason either their villages were no where near developed enough, were too small, or any number of other reasons. We have never suggested a player join another tribe, we either accept them or decline them, but we do not direct them into any other specific tribe.

Tribal Wars is not Sim City. If they came to this game expecting to be able to build up their villages without a threat of losing them, they are sorely mistaken. If you have further questions, you are free to message me directly ingame reguarding this. After all, your tribe borders mine.

Last edited by a moderator: