• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Game Clock and Preset Duration/Arrival Times not accurate...

DeletedUser

I've noticed that there is no clock built into the game (or at least I haven't found it anywhere). The main reason I'm bringing it up is because I find that when I'm trying to figure out how to know how long my farming missions will take all I can use to judge them is in the presets themselves. However, when I look at the duration it shows a figure that can't be right. For example, I just sent one that showed a duration of about 2 hours but when I actually launched it was really a 4 hour march, one way even. So how am I supposed to use that feature? At first I thought maybe I was on a server that was not in my time zone, but I can't even tell that because I don't see a clock anywhere. Any information that could help me sort these things out will be appreciated. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, a whole week and 13 views and still no reply.. Am I the only one who has this issue?
And again I sent farmers out at 2am last night it showed a 6am arrival time so it should have been an 8 hr round trip but here it is 6 hrs later and they still have 4-6 hrs till they get back. So that makes it a 10-12 hr round trip. CAN I GET SOME ANSWERS HERE PLEASE!?!?!?!

DeletedUser

I've noticed that there is no clock built into the game (or at least I haven't found it anywhere). The main reason I'm bringing it up is because I find that when I'm trying to figure out how to know how long my farming missions will take all I can use to judge them is in the presets themselves. However, when I look at the duration it shows a figure that can't be right. For example, I just sent one that showed a duration of about 2 hours but when I actually launched it was really a 4 hour march, one way even. So how am I supposed to use that feature? At first I thought maybe I was on a server that was not in my time zone, but I can't even tell that because I don't see a clock anywhere. Any information that could help me sort these things out will be appreciated. Thank You

All clocks in game are adjusted to your local time, so when sending an attack you will see the time the trip will take (one-way) and the approximate time the trip will land in your local timezone. As for durations being off, I have never had an issue like that, maybe a screenshot would help illustrate this, as it seems like this could be a bug. There is a variance on when an attack will land until you get your barracks up to level 23, but that is a few seconds, not double the time of the trip...

But as for the clock, its the 2nd and 3rd field in your attack/support screen in the row with your attack modifier.

Wow, a whole week and 13 views and still no reply.. Am I the only one who has this issue?
And again I sent farmers out at 2am last night it showed a 6am arrival time so it should have been an 8 hr round trip but here it is 6 hrs later and they still have 4-6 hrs till they get back. So that makes it a 10-12 hr round trip. CAN I GET SOME ANSWERS HERE PLEASE!?!?!?!

Sounds like you might be mixing up the 2nd field and 3rd field. Second field is trip duration, 3rd field is what time they will land. In your example if you saw the second field as what time they will land (06:00:00) instead of duration, it would explain why the trip took 12 hours (6 hours each way), and the land time in the third field probably would have read 08:00:00. Again a SS might help. Take a picture of the attack screen with the troops, and then a picture of the map showing the time on the troops immediately after they are sent.

DeletedUser

RawBeatnik is likely seeing a disparity in listed travel time and actual travel time due to a tribe skill bonus reducing travel time on attacks to barbs. i've asked for this to be fixed in a ticket before. support times are also different than attack times, but are not displayed. i believe next week's update is supposed to fix these problems. i hope so :)

as for the game clock, i would LOVE for TW to supply a game-time clock. just use GMT or UScentral or something... who cares which you pick, just pick one so that tribe members can communicate and plan based on that time.

DeletedUser

About the clock issue.....

While playing on some of the european servers and especially the Greek server, a bunch of us players figured that to time our attacks we had to make sure that we were all running of the same time server on our computers, and that we had synchronized recently and at the same time.

This was the only way to insure that we could time our seperate attacks. This was not 100% sure either.

Wouldn't an in game clock make all of this easier? I know that alot of people will say that this is not needed, but there are a few of us that actually count the seconds...

Tokano

Not a Mod
but there are a few of us that actually count the seconds...

While I agree that it would be nice to have an in-game clock (trust me, as a TW1 vet, I begged for this) in TW2 it's rather difficult to count seconds. Even when sending trains, there will still be a variance of +/- 1 to 4 seconds due to your villages discipline in addition to the tribe skills that reduce walking time... It's just not going to be countable with a standardized time.

Simply coordinate a time zone you wish to use then hit someone within a particular range of seconds instead of all at once.

DeletedUser61

it would still be easier with a standardized time zone...
This has been discussed and presented to the developers however we can see the status on it again. Many agree as we did like the standardized time zone as well.