Cannot Reproduce Game Freezing

Discussion in 'Browser Issue Archive' started by kndea, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kndea

kndea Axeman

I've found that while using two different versions of chrome (on my personal computer and one on a public computer, believe a 64-bit ver and a 32-bit ver but could be wrong with that), that my game will occasionally freeze (only tested US6 but doubt it's world-specific). It won't refresh the page so have to close the tab and re-enter the URL in a new tab (I find that if I just close and ctrl+shift+T it tends to work temporarily, then freeze again).

The freezing exclusively seems to occur when descriptions pop up next to my mouse on mouse-over of various options. I seem to get it most commonly on sending attacks and in the tavern. For sending attacks, when I mouse over an officer and the description pops up next to my mouse. For the tavern, when I mouse over a countermeasure and the tooltip description pops up next to my mouse.

2. jpex20

jpex20 Berserker

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache?

3. kndea

kndea Axeman

I have not yet, I will give it a shot and post back if I run into more/fewer problems. I didn't think it was my computer based on having it occur on both computers, but perhaps need to clear both caches!

4. kndea

kndea Axeman

Cleared cache and was able to get the freeze to occur within about 1-2 minutes of re-opening TW2 and just moving my mouse around the tavern window. This time it didn't freeze with the tooltip open though (will occasionally happen but haven't been able to pinpoint the difference yet).

5. jpex20

jpex20 Berserker

What world(s) are you having this freezing issue on?

6. kndea

kndea Axeman

US6 - Forte de Sagres. Haven't really been playing other worlds so not sure if it's world-specific.

7. jpex20

jpex20 Berserker

What browser do you play on?

8. kndea

kndea Axeman

two different versions of chrome (one on my personal computer and one on a public computer, believe a 64-bit ver and a 32-bit ver but could be wrong with that)

9. jpex20

jpex20 Berserker

Try using a different browser to see if that helps at all.

10. kndea

kndea Axeman

So I've been trying to use IE and although it moves at the pace of a snail, I have to say I haven't been able to recreate the freeze. So possibly a temporary fix (will continue to test it).

11. jpex20

jpex20 Berserker

Okay. I use chrome, and have had no issues with this myself. I'll continue to look into it as well.

12. valhalla123

valhalla123 Spearman

I also have seen this freeing issue a couple times a week on Win10 and Chrome.

kndea, what is your link speed to the internet, I live in the country and am stuck with 2-3mb dsl....

13. kndea

kndea Axeman

My internet has been quite spotty recently (but also had the issue occur on a public computer with pretty great speeds/reliability). I actually haven't run into this issue in a while though.

14. THEHUNTER3000

THEHUNTER3000 Axeman

that sounds like slow internet as you might be doing to much on your cp and public cps can be very slow as they have far to many apps on them for school uses. no matter how fast they are.