• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Game Update 1.8 Discussions

DeletedUser

Please utilize this thread for Game Update 1.8 Discussions!

DeletedUser

The new Resource Deposits features seems very interesting. Can't wait to try it out.

DeletedUser198

While I enjoy the new features, I hate that some of the bigger, game breaking bugs are still un fixed. Mainly, improper province boarders, and inactives not becoming barbs. I think I speak for alot of players when I say those two features should come before a resource depot.

Tokano

Not a Mod
Laughable update, really.
You implementing a completely new feature without unlocking co-op, turning inactive players into barbs, or fixing province boarders? Can we get an update that is actually worth implementing, please?

DeletedUser216

Guys, I'm sure they understand your frustration as you have made it known in several posts. I'm not a game designer/developer so I have no idea how hard it is to fix those issues. But you have to remember that this game is still in the BETA phase, and there are going to be a lot of kinks.

Also, I do agree with them though. As a 6 year member of the Tribal Wars community, I would like to see the issues resolved rather than implementing new things. If you want to keep more players, fix the problems that they are complaining about. The people who complain about problems obviously will continue to play, that's why they are complaining. You have their support, but you should try to keep it.

DeletedUser

I would like to apologize for not having the fixes as fast as needed. Unfortunately I don't have any control over the developers, the only thing I can do is report everything to them, which I already do. I don't know what their schedule is, but I can assure you that they are receiving the bugs and suggestions you guys are posting, and I thank you all very much for that. I will keep working to make sure the devs fix those bugs soon, but I cannot guarantee how soon. Thank you for your patience and I apologize again for the delay.

Tokano

Not a Mod
I'm going into the 8 year mark of Tribal Wars 1, so I know better than most the types of things InnoGames in capable of. They are a fantastic company when they are not catering to a micro-transaction policy that will inevitably lead them down a dark road they don't want to be on. When they make the game they want to make instead of making the game the shareholders of their company want them to make, the games they produce are a cut above the rest. Games like TW1 where I am happy to spend my money on a premium account. Garbage like TW2, however, is clearly catering to the players who spend copious amounts of money. All the necessary features like account sitting and a battle simulator are missing because they realize the people who pay money don't need anything like that. They know that if the players who spend a ridiculous amount of money (like Dick Bentley for example) can just coin their way out of trouble. The only reason coiners like him haven't been killed is because they're impossible to kill. They can create a full nuke or anti-nuke in less than a day whereas the rest of us need to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

The only reason I continue to play this money-grab game is because I already invested so much of my time into it and I have made some decent friends along the way. Had I realized when I accepted the invitation to come and play that this was a P2W game, I would have quit the same day.

The least the developers of this game could do is level the playing field by enabling the co-op feature so that players who don't spend ludicrous amounts of money can have their accounts monitored 24/7. They could make an accurate battle simulator so we don't kill off unnecessary troops. They could fix the province issues so we don't get harmed by their mistakes. They could give us a damn noble planner so that we don't cross noble each other. They could give us things that actually matter instead of the garbage "resource deposits" and other crap that doesn't matter.

That's my poorly constructed rage comment for the day.

DeletedUser

Hey all,

Sorry for some of the features not being implemented yet. I understand that it is frustrating (I seriously, seriously do). Believe you me, I will be extremely excited when the functionality is enabled. I haven't any update as to when this stuff will be available, but when I hear from our Development team and am able to let everyone know, I will do so.

I can tell you that a lot of the frustrations and bugs that you guys are running into are being actively worked on by our Development team - so your voice is not falling on deaf ears, I can promise you that.

DeletedUser198

I think the resource depot is starting to push this game a little to much to P2W. I mean, Ive only played with it for a couple hours and am out of quests. Now if people use crowns not only do they get more resources, they are also getting officers and free units as well. It seems to be a little to strong, especially in the beg. of the world. No real suggestions on improvements other than maybe giving everyone one free refill of quests? I just feel as if this is going to take this game as a turn for the worst

DeletedUser

With such minuscule and somewhat meaningless (for some features) requests time and time again, and this game only being released in BETA for just a few short months ago I'd give InnoGames a thumbs up for what they're doing regardless the nay sayers who complain about province borders (really?). Besides, for those players that spend ridiculous amounts of their own money on troops is a win win for me in my thinking. They continue to fuel InnoGames development, while I continue to gain ODA.

DeletedUser189

why does my map continually freeze up, even after refreshing the game and reloading my browser?

DeletedUser245

This update needs a patch so that we can see our outbound and inbound troop movements again. I have tried multiple browsers and I can not move between my own villages without the system freezing up. the map will not go to the village selected and then just freezes up. After I switch villages I have to reboot every time

DeletedUser

Screen freezes in few second so can't browse map and select far end village. Tried 3-4 different browser but same. Only in chrome it give few second to switch to a different village that too without trying to scroll or moving map.
So observed that when complete page loads that is all map generated outside view than window veiw visible to us freezes and nothing can be selected in map.

DeletedUser

I Have had many players inform me that they have seen these on the map, but there is not a single resource deposit center on the map near any of my nearly 60 villages, or in any neighboring provinces. Is there something that must be done prior to being able to use/see them?

DeletedUser

ThatDamnBox;n1710 said:
I Have had many players inform me that they have seen these on the map, but there is not a single resource deposit center on the map near any of my nearly 60 villages, or in any neighboring provinces. Is there something that must be done prior to being able to use/see them?

Logged out, and logged back in 3-4 times, and it fixed the problem.

DeletedUser247

the resource deposit is not good if you ask me I would say to make it more than 5 jobs and the first 2 job finds should be free but it is very stupid that there is only about 5-6 jobs for clay and wood also there is no iron stuff from what I seen also I think it should reset at least every 5 hours

DeletedUser247

bigpapasmurf6;n1602 said:
While I enjoy the new features, I hate that some of the bigger, game breaking bugs are still un fixed. Mainly, improper province boarders, and inactives not becoming barbs. I think I speak for alot of players when I say those two features should come before a resource depot.
I agree with you

DeletedUser

Still having major issues with map freezing up after a few seconds in game. I've tried refreshing screen and logging in and out several times as well multiple browsers. The implementation of the new feature broke some basic map drawing functions. Please fix asap, game is unplayable as is. Only thing I can do is use village cycle and hotkeys to access villages but can not send attacks or move map. I can access any of the popups (academy, hq, barracks, forums, mail, reports) but map fails.

DeletedUser

Hmm interesting note, map ONLY freezes when I have an active resource quest from a resource deposit. By this I mean if I have a finished quest waiting for me to claim, map locks up after a few seconds in game. Claim the reward and map is no longer frozen and does not freeze on reboot.