• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Hall of Order - Heralds

DeletedUser725

I would like to propose a new Hall of Orders that consists of Heralds. The order would create heralds that could be sent to a deployed unit of troops and have them move to some other village in either support or attack without returning to the village from which they came. As things stand now offensive units are almost useless in support roles because before they can attack they have to return to their home base.

DeletedUser

Instanely move an army to another city? Though i love the idea, this also can be very easily abused.

DeletedUser725

Instanely move an army to another city? Though i love the idea, this also can be very easily abused.
Not instantly move an army to another city, that would be ridiculous, but starting at the city it is supporting it would have to travel at it's normal overland speed to the new target.

DeletedUser

Still, it allows u to throw mulltiple nukes over a close distance easily and i want people to still work for it :p

DeletedUser725

Still, it allows u to throw mulltiple nukes over a close distance easily and i want people to still work for it :p
Not really you can set it up so the farther from central command authority the greater the chance of some random action happening. The orders could be mis interpreted, the troops could get lost. etc. It is simply unrealistic to believe that troops sitting at some location cannot be given orders to carry out some mission. It ruins the entire suspension of disbelief necessary to make a role playing game work. What plausible reason exists that would force a troop of soldiers to return to headquarters before attacking the village next to where they were quartered? There is none. The general sends a message to the commander of the forces and they carry out the command. If you want people to stop throwing nukes provide a more realistic simulation of the logistics of moving thousands of troops around in the field.

DeletedUser725

As you know profesional soldiers study logistics not tactics or strategy

DeletedUser406

Not really you can set it up so the farther from central command authority the greater the chance of some random action happening. The orders could be mis interpreted, the troops could get lost. etc. It is simply unrealistic to believe that troops sitting at some location cannot be given orders to carry out some mission. It ruins the entire suspension of disbelief necessary to make a role playing game work. What plausible reason exists that would force a troop of soldiers to return to headquarters before attacking the village next to where they were quartered? There is none. The general sends a message to the commander of the forces and they carry out the command. If you want people to stop throwing nukes provide a more realistic simulation of the logistics of moving thousands of troops around in the field.

for starters you'd never support yourself with offensive troops, and if you're attacking with defensive troops there is an issue. i do like the idea of being able to move troops without having to recall them though. But this is a strategy game so you have to way your choices when you're moving troops around. It seems like a cool idea, but in a way it removes the need to way out your choices so much in the game. adding that randomizing factor isn't a good idea because then no one would use it. id rather know my troops are going to do what i want them to instead of having the chance of completely losing them.

DeletedUser465

This is also a game, and by doing that you are upsetting the 'balancing' of power in the game. I used to play Galaxy Online II years ago, we could waypoint off of peoples planets, like you are saying in this example. Send ships to an ally, and everyone launch off that planet to the target next door, HOWEVER that game is set up to fight over a turn system, and extends for many rounds. TW2 is a 1-and-done system where the battle is fought and over with that very second that combat starts. This idea in a game mechanics and balancing perspective is just not something the current battle system can justify having, in my honest opinion.