• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Hello Rumeli Hisarians!

DeletedUser2121

We plan on playing this game for a long time to come so I thought I would take a minute to introduce my wife and myself.

In game she is BloodMaul and I am Systemic.

We've been playing games similar to this for ~10 years or so but this is our first week at TW2. Most of our previous experience was running the Iconic/Paradox alliances on Evony (4 servers iirc) and Organized Pixels in Realm of Empires.

An unusual story about us. I met my wife on Evony. At the time she lived in New York and I lived in Texas, and after a couple years of E Dating (IE Running alliances lol) we moved in together and things went from there.

We are so looking forward to battling all of you and having a good time while doing it.

A bit about our tribe, and no this isn't a recruitment thread. Recruitment is by invite only and even then it'll be selective.

Tribe Name: Alternative Warfare

Mission Statement: To win the world of course, and to have fun in the process.

We intend to win the world and we have what has been a successful formula to accomplish that. We recruit via invite only. When recruiting our focus is on teachability and personality, not points and troop counts. The thought is we can teach the right person to be a killer but you can't teach the jerk out of someone.

This leads us to grow slowly. We're ok with that. We've won realms/worlds in other games with 30 man clans before. You just need the right 30 is all.

We tend to have little to no respect whatsoever for mass invite clans/tribes. We believe that their way of playing actually hurts their members as they often get taught how to Sim City but not how to be a killer.

Diplomacy: Our diplomatic stance is very simple. We do not, nor will we ever have one. No allies, no NAPs, no sister tribes. Nada. We believe foreign entanglements lead to stress and drama and there isn't any place for either in a game. That said we do believe in free market governance. Meaning we do not restrict our members in whom they may attack or with whom they may conduct their own personal diplomacy. Know that any diplomacy conducted with a member of our tribe is with that member alone and not the tribe as a whole.

To sum up my attitude my feelings on the matter are this: "Don't talk to the food." As a general rule we consider everyone to be food until proven otherwise, so we don't talk much. (Except for absurdly long forum posts of course)

Closing: We're not jerks. We're just successful leaders who through hard fought experience know how to manage a happy and efficient tribe. We're after the same things that everyone else is after. We want to win, and we want to have fun doing it.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield! Good luck and have fun!

Regards,

Systemic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1993

You seem to have a good direction, but I'm honestly wondering how good your experience will translate in TW2. I'm familiar with Realm of Empires because I almost did some designs for them back when they were starting out and I know they're nothing but a poor copy of TW1 that never gained much traction. I can't say the same about Evony and the quality of players there. Nonetheless I wish you well and hope you have a lot of fun in this world

DeletedUser2121

Yeah I don't know for sure either. Diving into the mechanics is what has always made me a strong player but then again, as you pointed out this is a different game.

Still, from my initial findings the mechanics here seem to function similarly to those of Evony in some aspects.

Should be fun at any rate. Love the features and UI of the game so far. Not quite as "macro" as RoE but much much more polished.

DeletedUser2121

Wife and I have loved it so far. Got some good people as tribesmen and that's always fun and already have someone to hate, which is important really.

It helps to have a specific thing driving your growth. :p

Love the UI and the challenge of learning new systems. Looking forward to maybe getting taken to school here soon. We shall see. :D

DeletedUser2121

Whelp I'm more than likely getting rimmed today. Gotta say I've never had that happen before but it is what it is lol.

Nothing to do but tip your hat and rebuild.

Very nice hit EODEli and Zalathorn.

DeletedUser2121

I'm familiar with Realm of Empires because I almost did some designs for them back when they were starting out and I know they're nothing but a poor copy of TW1 that never gained much traction.

I won't get into which game is better. I like some aspects of RoE better like their chat functions and some other cool features they have. I like the polished GUI of TW2 and the overall appearance of TW2 better.

So for me both are great games.

What I will say is that an average RoE "realm" has 15k-20k active players and that number used to be as high as 100k in the earlier realms.

I think the largest drawback to TW2 for me is that mobile users cannot see tribe chat. Our tribe only has 20 members, 10 of which are mobile. It's not as easy to get to know people without a real time chat box. I think it breaks that "community" feel.

Other than that though I'm still learning and my wife and I are very fond of this game.

Sorry for the late response, I somehow overlooked that part of your statement before.

Harry Johnson

Mounted Archer
I'll give ya a hand on the chat issue. Start a tribal convo, in the new message window type your tribes name and it will open a chat with everyone in the tribe giving you a tribe wide chat for everyone.

DeletedUser2121

I'll give ya a hand on the chat issue. Start a tribal convo, in the new message window type your tribes name and it will open a chat with everyone in the tribe giving you a tribe wide chat for everyone.

Thanks. The UI for TW2 is different than other games we have played but we did do that eventually. Took me longer to figure out than I'll admit here though lmao.

My problem is I keep thinking of it as a "mail" system when I actually need to think of it as a "message" system which is different.

I would still very much prefer a normal chat box but I do admit the message system functions well enough.

Now if I can train myself to stop trying to CNTRL A/CNTRL C, which normally is "select all" and "copy all." Here though all that happens is the hotkey engages and I lost my whole post.

Also done that more times than I care to admit before I started typing lengthy posts in wordpad lmao.

DeletedUser2130

LOL, Evony was where I first cut my teeth about 9 years ago.

DeletedUser2121

I played Evony back in the early worlds. It became trash when Bots were introduced.

I agree.

Some aspects of the more modern games like TW2 and RoE I like more. I like not being limited to 9 cities. IDK about TW2 but in RoE it's not uncommon to see someone in the end game with 1k cities.

I did like the battle mechanics of Evony better than any of the modern games. TW2 does it better than RoE but back in the day the mechanics of Evony were fairly complex and allowed for lots of different tactics.

Nowadays things generally devolve into who's better strategically and who has more barracks but that complex battle mechanic aspect is gone.

DeletedUser1573

or you can always get your tribe on a chat system, when i ran my own tiny tribe way back when my 2nd in command made me download skype for my phone & we got most of our members on it as well

DeletedUser2121

or you can always get your tribe on a chat system, when i ran my own tiny tribe way back when my 2nd in command made me download skype for my phone & we got most of our members on it as well

We had talked about that. Maybe line or pal.

What we came up with is that back in the day on DotD we joined a clan that forced PAL on everyone. Problem was mobile users had to close down the game in order to chat in PAL.

I always thought it was a bad idea to be encouraging people to log out and we just kind of stayed away from 3rd party chat apps since.

If more people in my tribe were PC people we'd do some kind of voice chat, but as it sits I think 80% are mobile.