• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Highlighting players and tries

DeletedUser1970

In Tribal wars one there was a way to make each tribe of player a designated color on the map. Can we do this here? This would be good for keeping track of targets.

DeletedUser734

Uhm, you totally can do that? Unless you mean designate any tribe any color instead of the allies, enemies, and NAP colors?

DeletedUser1970

Uhm, you totally can do that? Unless you mean designate any tribe any color instead of the allies, enemies, and NAP colors?
Yes that's exactly what I mean. What I mean is in TW1 I would highlilght people with in a certain tribe with different color, say orange. They are part of any enemy tribe, but they are higher priority to take out. So they were colored a different color then the rest.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. It helps show the growth of specific players too.

DeletedUser1990

Agreed, it struck me as odd to see complex features like coop mode in the game yet something so simple as highlighting a tribe to see where their members are is not in the game.

DeletedUser

Agreed, it struck me as odd to see complex features like coop mode in the game yet something so simple as highlighting a tribe to see where their members are is not in the game.
I don't think you understand programming.

For co-op, its just a list of all accounts you have access to, and upon login it queries a list of all worlds, and all accounts you can log into, a simple query of looking into the coop list for your userid and grabbing the accounts you have coop to.

For this, space would need to be added to hold the colour requests of each player for each player, literally numbOfplayers * numbOfplayers entries for each world and than have space to hold code for every possible colour they would allow.
Or they would have to store this information in a cookie, which if yall didn't notice, but cookies are small and unreliable at times.

And than it would query and load this each time you load a part of the map

So while you think it is simple on your end, i mean its just a colour over a city name, its not always that simple on the other end.